Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How do you feel about HausLabs?

SHALLOW

Featured Posts

SHALLOW
1 minute ago, MessyTop said:

To be honest, since you ask, I actually think is pretty lame. The colors are basic and is bringing nothing new to the make up Industry. I think is below Gaga, but having a negative option about Haus Labs here at GGD is rough, I’ve gotten various warnings just from making fun of Haus labs, so I try to stay out of it. 
I just want her to move on form it, but I guess is just me. 😔

Sis, you have to accept it. Also, try and be more respectful when criticizing her.Those WPs were probably deserved :huntyga:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromaticunt

I know nothing about make-up so I have no feelings about the quality or success of the brand itself...

I do often wonder why Gaga has chosen to go down this route though. Looking at how far she's come in the past few years, going from singing jazz with Tony Bennett to performing at the Superbowl and getting critical acclaim and an Oscar for ASIB, it feels like a strange decision to put her face on a beauty brand. I don't doubt her authenticity when she says she is truly invested in this business, but for someone lauded and celebrated as an artist through and through, something feels off about this.  It doesn't fit into the narrative of her career or who she is as an artist, no matter how much she tries to relay a message of self-love and creative expression. It's quite clearly a money-making business that was created because there's no money in music anymore. And that's fair enough, I guess. I just struggle to see how Haus Labs fits into the Gaga world, especially as there's nothing remotely Gaga about the products. 

Modern Ecstasy2

I don’t wear makeup but I like the products that came out today and I might buy one to try it out and play with it.

I like the message behind the brand and I believe it is genuine because Gaga is a genuine person. As a whole brand it doesn’t seem particularly unique or different from what Kylie and Rihanna are doing for example. If she expands to skin care I would become very interested.

I support Gaga trying out new things and she is obviously excited about it but girl aren’t you supposed to be making an album :neyde:

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

codymonster

I can honestly say it makes no difference to me. But if she’s having fun with it, awesome! I don’t understand how anyone could hate it, unless they’ve tried the products and actually don’t like them 

MessyTop
35 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

Sis, you have to accept it. Also, try and be more respectful when criticizing her.Those WPs were probably deserved :huntyga:

Wow,  first I am  Not your sister, and what youre doing is actually bullying, tell me I deserved a WP. You don’t know the details. 
please be respectful and if you have nothing to say, just don’t respond to my posts. 

HighwayFantasy

I just can't with the fact that we went from this>> 

lds0cay.jpg

to this >>
kklhyu4oq87b.jpg

I am such a huge fan of her, and I thank her for everything she does for us and how she really helped me keeping myself strong during very hard times in my life. I will never forget that, believe me. 

But... I just can't understand that she went from an avant-garde, show stopping creative live performer with SUCH a strong message and passion... to.... a sell-out. The way she uses terms as 'Be Yourself' 'Paws Up' and 'Divine yourself' for a make-up line instead for her performances as an artist like she used to be is just embarrassing. She is loathing her legacy so hard the past 2 years, talking about the 'superman cape' she used to wear when being 'gaga' everyday, like it was all nothing. She was the biggest then because she was authentic and real. Everything feels superficial as f*k nowadays. She doesn't invest in the fanbase anymore like she used to do with real content/messages. Instead of that, she is using her platforms for marketing purposes. The only times she is online or speaks out in public is when she has an enigma gig to do, a product to sell or a world problem to support. It just doesn't feel real anymore. 

You know, sometimes she still surprises me. For example with the Oprah interview 2 weeks ago, I could feel that connection with her for just a second you know, like in the old days when she was so empowered to strive for her mission. 

Its just all so sad, I don't know how to put it in the right words. Its a general feeling I have with her now. English is not my native language so I have no idea if I did put it in the right words to describe it. Hope someone understands me xx 

gagaisitalian

I believe their tactics right now of trying to distract from the music with makeup will ultimately backfire.

It was such a wrong decision to launch HL when fans are quite desperate for music. People don't care to focus on Haus Labs at a time like this. What Gaga and team should've done is waited for fans to be content with whatever music is coming and then came for our throats and wallets with the makeup.

funkyhaus

I have no problem with her doing a makeup brand if it were fresh but Haus Labs just feels so bland and uninspired.

The packaging is what gets me the most, it’s just plain black, nothing about it suggests it’s a Lady Gaga brand. When you compare it to the likes of this it puts me off..

sillynate

I don’t wear make up. I feel that’s enough of an answer :ally: 

HOWEVER I would consider buying some of those face stickers she was wearing for her halftime show if they ever become available to buy so :sis:

It sort of came out of nowhere imo and seemed like she was jumping on a played out trend a few years too late. I think thats where a lot of her criticism comes from as you can only be so revolutionary with makeup today given how saturated the market is with everyone and their dead grandmother releasing a brand or product.

Archived