💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How do you feel about HausLabs?

SHALLOW

Featured Posts

Ultimecia

Don't get me started on this mess, I don't any more Warning.

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ShayCristoforo

I'm happy for her, but she's always been one to push the envelope. I just wish she created something that pushed the envelope and was revolutionary. I know it's hard but I think there's always little tweaks you can make, in order to create something showstopping. It would align with the rest of her brand and career.
HL doesn't feel that exceptional, is what I'm getting at. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

SHALLOW
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

She literally said that through make-up she realized she was beautiful without make-up. So she's basically selling a self-admittedly useless product to us while still insisting the product has value in and of itself, even though she explicitly claimed this wasn't the case :rip:

This contradiction runs through every statement she makes about the brand. She'll attract people with the "celebrate your own beauty!" slogan and then when people want to know specifics she'll quickly jump on the "this is an innovative new lip liner technique!" train to suddenly convince people it's not really about the message but about the product after all.

Translation: she has no idea herself how the make-up is supposed to generate this self-love or whatever she's blabbering about. And of course she doesn't: she's lying :smh: Make-up never played that big a role in her life. She never once talked about it throughout her whole career. It was always about art and fashion, the end. She saw a business opportunity with Haus Laboratories and deluded herself into thinking she could make money as well as save the world. This is a self-delusion dynamic she's had for several years now. I do believe she genuinely doesn't even realize how toxic this dynamic is, so I don't fault her for it. But it does make for messy career moves :flop:

I just think it’s complicated. I honestly appreciate my beauty and myself way more when i wear makeup and that confidence tends to last even after i remove it so maybe she meant that makeup can help to build confidence and is also a way to express yourself, plus the bold looks you can make with haus labs can really put you out there instead of jus covering your face/blemishes. I just think no one even tries to understand her point of view.

blankpaper
9 hours ago, Ktaylor99 said:

That is where Haus Labs comes in. First off - if you have ever been a makeup user, you know these products live up to what she says. I’ve worn makeup since I was 12 and I’ve never had products that made me love doing my makeup every morning. It helps my self esteem. It sounds absurd but I’ve let makeup do for me what she said it did for Lady Gaga - except with these products it actually works and I can use them easily, like my own super hero cape. 

I dunno, I’m sure you guys will all laugh but it just makes me feel like I can be one of the pretty girls and a rock star/super hero in my own life.

I relate so much to this. I’ve also worn makeup everyday since I was 12 but I’ve always been horrible at it so for the last 15 years I’ve only used what I know how to use and just stayed mad that I could never be one of the pretty girls. I don’t use HL products that often but I own a ton of them and that’s what got me started learning how to use makeup finally.

I’m also a straight(ish) white female and never needed her message. I’m so glad that it was there for those who did need it, but some of us need the message that came with HL instead. I still have cripplingly low self esteem, but I don’t care as much now. So many people here hate on Sarah for not having the cleanest looks, but at least for me, that’s what makes HL seem more accessible. I probably never would have bought it if it was always flawless and Instagram-perfect because I’ll never be able to do that

(Another reason why I love Sarah—she always uses the Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir mascara, so I decided to try it, and that shhit has changed my life haha. I’ve used so many mascaras and that one is hands down the best by far)

reality’s tight if the music is right

I don't use makeup daily, only on special occasions. So it isn't something that interests me that much. I absolutely love the pics and looks we get from her. About the products i bought some to my sister and a friend, to give during Christmas. They actually like wearing makeup daily, they really liked it. So i suppose it's good. 

I feel like good for Gaga regarding this business venture. I really don't know what more needs to said about it. 

gagasicebath
31 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

(Another reason why I love Sarah—she always uses the Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir mascara, so I decided to try it, and that shhit has changed my life haha. I’ve used so many mascaras and that one is hands down the best by far)

Same!! The HL eye-lie-ner and the Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir are the absolute best combo. 

blankpaper
6 minutes ago, gagasicebath said:

Same!! The HL eye-lie-ner and the Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir are the absolute best combo. 

The eyeliner is amazing! Stays on forever and the tip is just the right stiffness to make it easy to use. It was the first thing I bought from HL and by far the best 

reality’s tight if the music is right

1 hour ago, Didymus said:

She literally said that through make-up she realized she was beautiful without make-up. So she's basically selling a self-admittedly useless product to us while still insisting the product has value in and of itself, even though she explicitly claimed this wasn't the case :rip:

This contradiction runs through every statement she makes about the brand. She'll attract people with the "celebrate your own beauty!" slogan and then when people want to know specifics she'll quickly jump on the "this is an innovative new lip liner technique!" train to suddenly convince people it's not really about the message but about the product after all.

Translation: she has no idea herself how the make-up is supposed to generate this self-love or whatever she's blabbering about. And of course she doesn't: she's lying :smh: Make-up never played that big a role in her life. She never once talked about it throughout her whole career. It was always about art and fashion, the end. She saw a business opportunity with Haus Laboratories and deluded herself into thinking she could make money as well as save the world. This is a self-delusion dynamic she's had for several years now. I do believe she genuinely doesn't even realize how toxic this dynamic is, so I don't fault her for it. But it does make for messy career moves :flop:

omg the tea spilled is a lot.... cold hard truth. at least something to reflect upon.... thanks for sharing 

I love it! I use my glam attacks frequently!! 
I really can’t wait to try the lip crayons as I’m not a fan of lipgloss. 

I would enjoy new music but as a makeup brand I’m a big fan! I just wish they didn’t only distribute on Amazon so that I could try everything in a store like Ulta or Sephora. 

I can understand why people aren’t too thrilled because either they don’t care about makeup or wish that Gaga could focus more on making music. But I don’t believe HAUS Labs deserves all the hate it gets. 

Jewels n Drugs

I dont wear makeup so im indifferent but ima stay supportive cuz if it really blows up i wont be one of the Little Complainers who switch sides :ally:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Archived