Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

G.U.Y. It could have been a hit?

Focz

Featured Posts

JazzGa
8 hours ago, ltlmnstr said:

Elvis Duran still to this day pisses me off

Is that who said it? I was starting to think I made that terrible memory up!  Now I know who to direct my ire toward :laughga:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JazzGa
8 hours ago, ltlmnstr said:

Elvis Duran still to this day pisses me off

Is that who said it? I was starting to think I made that terrible memory up!  Now I know who to direct my ire toward :laughga:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

gagzus

I don’t know if people recall but literally on day one when the album leaked people said GUY was the best song and only changed their minds after it flopped. Also I don’t classify it as an official single since Interscope doesn’t so.

JustTea
14 hours ago, TEANUS said:

I think with this scenario....

Applause - Aug 2013 (VMAs)

Do What U Want (feat. Miguel) - October 2013 (AMAs, X Factor, The Voice)

Gypsy - January 2014 (Grammys, Jimmy Fallon)

G.U.Y. - April 2014 (BBMAs from artRave)

MANiCURE - July 2014 (VMAs)

we could have had 2 top 5s, 3/4 top 15s, and  all singles top 40

Idk why MANiCURE, there are way better options... :oprah:

Nah, never. I love the song, but her career status was so low when it was released and it was far from a commercial hit. Too experimental for radio at the time.

TEANUS
45 minutes ago, Gagadriel said:

Idk why MANiCURE, there are way better options... :oprah:

For a single?? MANiCURE has massive energy, an ear worm chorus, and isn’t hard to listen to. The vocals are loud and strong but well mixed

I think GP girls would’ve loved it :ohwell:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

9 hours ago, Didymus said:

No. It's too loud for radio. But it could've been a hit in the clubs as well as an audience favorite. ARTPOP's sound just wasn't radio friendly enough to compete with other pop music at the time.

And that's a good thing :whitney:

In fact, I think the song make it good on dance club lists and charts when it first came out :ally:

💜

ltlmnstr
3 hours ago, the Devil of Pop said:

Yeah it’s the interview with all white with the white hat (lol joanne hint)

Like it was a good interview I guess but we can all tell as soon as she left the building, the song was not getting played.

JustTea
3 hours ago, TEANUS said:

For a single?? MANiCURE has massive energy, an ear worm chorus, and isn’t hard to listen to. The vocals are loud and strong but well mixed

I think GP girls would’ve loved it :ohwell:

I'd say it's too noisy for gp. MJH was probably meant to be a single because it was never performed before release. Also Donatella, DWUW, Venus, Gypsy and Fashion! :koons:

Gagaplayer315

Well I sleep peacefully at night knowing that it did chart much Higher than a certain movie’s lead single :vegas:

fun fact:  the term "gypsy" is actually an ethnic slur against women of Romani descent, so im glad it didn't gain any radio traction tbh.  It's something that has recently come more into public awareness over the past couple years and that would not have generated great press for mom.  the term needs to just die.

find your freedom in the music

Archived