Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Birds of Prey Title Changes to Harley Quinn Amid Box Office Flop

Featured Posts

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GoldenPonyboy

This article sounds like it was written by a bitter baby throwing a tantrum. The movie is not a gigantic flop. Its a spinoff of a movie that was widely seen as disapointing so its not doing too bad. I feel like they managed to salvage the character and turn in into something else. The movie did not have good pacing and i feel like it had too many characters. However, the action sequences were the best ive seen in a while so i was overall satisfied.  Its a bit above average action movie

Stephen
2 hours ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Superhero movies just need to be thrown to the way side already. They're so stale by now and how people aren't sick of them after so many years of the same sh!t every movie is beyond me.

I'm utterly exhausted with this obsession and trend with superhero movies. A new trend needs to start ffs.

Like do people realize superheroes were created to entertain and be for children? And here now we have adults being completely obsessed and fanatic over it lmao

Most comic books are read by adults! The idea that superheroes are only for kids just isn’t true. For decades Marvel and DC have had HUGE adult fan bases. So many comics include adult themes of sex, drugs, violence, murder etc. 

Yes they make kid friendly cartoons and such but that’s not the whole picture. 

I personally think (or hope) that super hero/comic book movies never go away. Why can’t it just be considered a genre that simply exists? They make tons of war movies all the time and I have no interest in war movies. But obviously a lot of people do so they keep making them. If anything I want to see more variety and creativity in comic book movies.

sillynate
2 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I watched it and it's actually pretty good... I feel like straight man can't handle women being in charge and kinda anti man and that's why it's flopping.. Oh well 

WonderWoman didn’t flop tho

Guest Blue Madonna
3 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I watched it and it's actually pretty good... I feel like straight man can't handle women being in charge and kinda anti man and that's why it's flopping.. Oh well 

eh I didn't think it was that good. I really wanted to enjoy it but it was just so cliché-heavy and corny to me. the tone was good and I really liked Harley but I thought the other characters were not so good. a bunch of small flaws (such as not knowing Black Canary had superpowers until she used them to save the day??) combined to make it a bit of an irritating film for me. 

I'm sick of people saying that if you dislike female-led films such as this then you're sexist; I am SO ready for great female-led films but Captain Marvel and Birds of Prey haven't done it for me... apparently that makes me a sexist straight not ready for strong women even though I'm bi and frequently engage in feminist conversations/actions :deadbanana:

sorry I don't mean to attack your comment specifically. I just think in general (and specifically on Twitter) you can't criticise art led by women/minorities etc. or you're just discriminatory.

Meruk Holland
16 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

eh I didn't think it was that good. I really wanted to enjoy it but it was just so cliché-heavy and corny to me. the tone was good and I really liked Harley but I thought the other characters were not so good. a bunch of small flaws (such as not knowing Black Canary had superpowers until she used them to save the day??) combined to make it a bit of an irritating film for me. 

Spoiler

They referenced the fact that she had powers at least twice in the movie before she used itThe first time when she's singing on stage and shatters a glass. Then the second time when Renee is trying to get her help and she references that Dinah's mother had a gift and she knows the Dinah has the gift too. 

Luna Lovegood
4 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Captain Marvel did well no?

luna’s advocate

RAMROD
11 minutes ago, Luna Lovegood said:

Captain Marvel did well no?

Different situation. :flower:

Captain Marvel is from MCU. It did got resistance from neckbeards still. It actually got worse since Brie Larson actually clap back at them and challenge them, which made the neckbeards even angrier lmao. But they can’t boycott successfully because MCU already got good records on their movies which brings confidence and trust for the audience to go and see regardless. Public already know MCU movies are big spectacle events and they won’t be dissapointed. Plus, MCU got legions of loyal fans already that will follow through each movies on each phase. 

Harley Quinn did not have that kind of luxury, cos WB kept fxcking up DCEU. Lots of fans still can’t forgive and forget from how BvS, Suicide Squad, and Justice League being ruined, even with WW and Aquaman success, many are still apprehensive over each DCEU release. (And no, Joker is not part of that universe), hence it make people easier to manipulate by the neckbeards.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Reality

I haven't watched BOP yet. I probably will eventually, I just don't know when.

That said, even though I would usually think that this is a laughable and embarassing situation, I actually agree with the name change. In my opinion, the movie should've always been called "Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey" or something like that. Even though I haven't seen the movie, it's obvious from both advertising and people's anecdotes that this is a  Harley Quinn movie, not a BOP movie. 

🖤👹

4 hours ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Superhero movies just need to be thrown to the way side already. They're so stale by now and how people aren't sick of them after so many years of the same sh!t every movie is beyond me.

I'm utterly exhausted with this obsession and trend with superhero movies. A new trend needs to start ffs.

Like do people realize superheroes were created to entertain and be for children? And here now we have adults being completely obsessed and fanatic over it lmao

This can be said anything. It's rather condescending of you to say about superhero movies, when I could probably point out any one of your hobbies and say that it's childish. 

Also, you're currently on a website dedicated solely to one woman. One in a glass cult temple should not throw stones. 

RAMROD
4 hours ago, Gagaloo92 said:

Imagine thinking this in 2020, and you be thinking you are real progressive for backing up Bernie, when you can’t comprehend simple things like this :lmao: Does strawberry bon-bons your favorite candy too by any chance??  :lmao:

giphy.gif

Anderson123

I really enjoyed this film but the female empowerment propaganda felt way too obvious. This was yet another attempt to jump on the Charlie's Angels, Ghostbusters, Terminator and Men In Black bandwagon. 

I've seen a pattern with these type of movies and that is: box office failure. I feel like people are getting tired of it or not doing it the right way like Wonder Woman. 

misunderstood
5 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Yeah no, it's not that deep :rip:

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Lilmonzter

I actually liked the movie and felt the title was misleading birds that pray was not seen anywhere :creepflop:

It was a Harley Quinn show through and through. The ensemble cast were robbed 

Sing C'est la vie 

RAMROD
5 minutes ago, Lilmonzter said:

felt the title was misleading birds that pray was not seen anywhere :creepflop:

Cyst, I.... :madge:

Archived