Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

DJWS suggested R Kelly for DWYW

Regina George

Featured Posts

Regina George
Just now, freebit said:

What does this have to do with RedOne? I still don't understand the RedOne stans. A better argument would be posting a recent work of his that is great (good luck on that :fan:). 

It has a lot to do with RedOne because y'all hate on that guy for no reason and treat DJWS like a saint. No need.. RedOne already proved himself with his no1s (not only with Gaga but with other artists too).. and Paul has how many? 1?  :teehee:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
freebit
Just now, ReginaGeorge said:

It has a lot to do with RedOne because y'all hate on that guy for no reason and treat DJWS like a saint. No need.. RedOne already proved himself with his no1s (not only with Gaga but with other artists too).. and Paul has how many? 1?  :teehee:

I'm not his stan though, and in fact, I kind of feel like he's not cut out for being the main producer on her stuff (it seems to affect his mental health really badly). I also don't really see anyone stanning for him like they do with RedOne and the rest of her early collaborators - his name is haunted by ARTPOP. I just disagree with holding RedOne on a pedestal, like he's some hit making musical genuis that needs to collaborate with Gaga on everything. I think his sound fit the times, but listening to his older stuff it's clear he hasn't evolved. That's all. 

Regina George
2 minutes ago, freebit said:

I'm not his stan though, and in fact, I kind of feel like he's not cut out for being the main producer on her stuff (it seems to affect his mental health really badly). I also don't really see anyone stanning for him like they do with RedOne and the rest of her early collaborators - his name is haunted by ARTPOP. I just disagree with holding RedOne on a pedestal, like he's some hit making musical genuis that needs to collaborate with Gaga on everything. I think his sound fit the times, but listening to his older stuff it's clear he hasn't evolved. That's all. 

No one's holding him on a pedestal tho.. I just mentioned him because some people straight up hate on him for no reason. Guy posts or say something about Gaga and gets hundreds of hate comments again for no reason. Also DJWS is for some reason unknown to me much more appreciated in here. I don't know where you get that RedOne is more appreciated on GGD honestly.. :laughga:

ChicaSkas
3 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

And he was right. DWUW is one of Gaga's BEST singles. R. Kelly sounds amazing on it. 

Musically, he was right. I don't care what anyone thinks. 

He was indeed. 

By the way, I recently helped Paul with a playlist for his radio station. He 100% kept R Kelly off the station in respect to what happened and to Gaga’s personal decision to remove DWUW from her catalog last year.

He still likes the song and says it’s one of the best ones they did on ARTPOP.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

3 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

And he was right. DWUW is one of Gaga's BEST singles. R. Kelly sounds amazing on it. 

Musically, he was right. I don't care what anyone thinks. 

I'm going to have to agree...:oops: Sonically and vocally that song is amazing and the beat is super catchy. They did that... Unfortunately. It stomped on Venus on the charts for a reason lol.

Widows Kiss
19 minutes ago, freebit said:

A better argument would be posting a recent work of his that is great (good luck on that :fan:). 

Post a recent work of DJWS that is great :rip:

OT: He wasn't wrong. DJWS snapped with that one.

freebit
13 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

No one's holding him on a pedestal tho.. I just mentioned him because some people straight up hate on him for no reason. Guy posts or say something about Gaga and gets hundreds of hate comments again for no reason. Also DJWS is for some reason unknown to me much more appreciated in here. I don't know where you get that RedOne is more appreciated on GGD honestly.. :laughga:

They hate on him because people tend to equate her success with him - like she owes it to him to keep collaborating. Plus he's said shady things about her (his artistic vision was limited on BTW, him agreeing with a journalist that her success went downhill after she quit working with him, which is just rude AF).  We'll have to disagree on the amount of weird stanning because its clear to me that here, ATRL, and twitter that there is way more whining about RedOne than anyone wanting DJWS back. 

(That said, I don't agree with hating on anyone on their social media - that's just stupid.)

Illuminati

Part of me thinks Gaga distanced herself from DJWS because of DWUW controversy resurfacing and the backlash last year (or late 2018, forgot when it was).

I could see her being angry about it because it came back to bite at a very inconvenient time during the awards season.

Still think they will work in the future though

freebit
1 minute ago, Widows Kiss said:

Once again, I'm not his fan or stan, so your post is for naught.

Illuminati
3 minutes ago, Widows Kiss said:

Look What I Found, Is That Alright? and the other ASIB songs.

Widows Kiss
1 minute ago, Illuminati said:

Look What I Found, Is That Alright? and the other ASIB songs.

Those songs barely have productions lol 

Defmix100
31 minutes ago, Widows Kiss said:

Those songs barely have productions lol 

same with some Joanne songs yet people praise Mark Ronson

Archived