💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lady Gaga is uninspired

kaelergrey

Featured Posts

lifeasgeorge

I don’t think I really agree, ASIB had some of her best work and delivered Shallow which will be a timeless classic. I think I would wait to hear LG6 before even thinking of calling her uninspired :oops:

live and let live

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Didymus said:

(for example saying she really wanted to be an actress and music was a plan B) 

I didn't really consider that she was driven so much by public perception until she made this comment.

It seems to me that she fell out of love with pop music after the public fell out with her pop music.

Now that she's an acclaimed actress and ASIB has saw success that even fans didn't anticipate, she's suddenly invested in acting and has always wanted to be an actress (since she was 13, no doubt).

She lives for the applause, I guess.

gagasicebath

I don't think creativity is ever as simple as being inspired or not.  I don't believe  inspiration is something that progresses in any set, linear way, it peaks and dives, and where people find their inspiration changes due to their experiences and as they mature and grow. 

I think it's safe to say that these days she's inspired by more than music alone, but I don't think that automatically translates into her being uninspired. 

We really have no idea what to expect from LG6 but we know it's happening. Her inspiration may have changed over the years but it's absolutely still there, and we can only wait and see how it shows itself in her new music. 

Didymus
31 minutes ago, gagasicebath said:

I think it's safe to say that these days she's inspired by more than music alone, but I don't think that automatically translates into her being uninspired.

Right on :applause:

She's still talking with the same passion and drive about a lot of things. Right now they're limited to self-empowerment and mental health (which encompasses her passion project: Haus Laboratories) instead of music or art but, you're right, that still shows she's very much inspired. Just not in the way we're used to. For her it might actually not be that big of a change at all.

ShayCristoforo
4 hours ago, ZwRaven said:

Some of the greatest art of all time comes from these things. History is your friend.

Yes and that’s why we have Born This Way.

And then it becomes unbearable. She could’ve just quit altogether 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

it' just that you believe that inspiration means systematically pushing the boundaries of technology and come up with more. More fashion. More theatre, more choreography, more videos, more and more make up. While a musician, is here to deliver more emotions, and more reasons to dance, or to cry, or both. 

gaga.png

hello hello baby.

Why do monsters act like they are her best friend. You guys always say these things based on assumptions of what you think you know but in reality we know nothing unless she tells us....:awkney:

LaLuna

Oh so you want her to overwork herself and get injuries or get sick from working too hard and not getting enough rest like she used to?:interestinga:

Jesus, this greedy fanbase, I swear :saladga:

Go play outside, y'all need some fresh air :ohwell:

Katsuki Bakugo
8 hours ago, Didymus said:

I mean, she's kind of hinted towards this herself. In the Oprah talk she literally said something like "yeah, I'll do music and movies but that's not my main goal anymore". And that's coming after a few years of her slowly distancing herself from her "pop star" image (for example saying she really wanted to be an actress and music was a plan B) too.

It's clear that something definitively cracked at the end of 2013. All of her statements, internal logic, and explanations of her work slowly changed since then. Even with Joanne she seemed more passionate about explaining the stories behind the music than to simply present the music as is. Not to mention that the whole era, to me, felt like what must have seemed to her a much needed rebranding and an artistic compromise to win back American hearts. She desperately wanted to show she was just a regular gal who we could relate to.

The Joanne Ball also seemed... idea-less and uninspired in the usual "Gaga" sense. It felt obligatory. With Enigma we got a theatrical sense of stage performing again but the core storyline of the whole show is in fact that her music career wasn't healthy and that she needed healing through stepping out of its matrix. That we all need healing this way. And that this healing of the world is her number one priority right now.

I don't know. Just vomiting out some thoughts. But yeah, we're definitely a long way from "I just want to make music".

100% agreed Daddymus!

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

BlingNotTheMusic
4 hours ago, Didymus said:

"I want impact. I always did. I thought it was just through music at one point. I had some dreams of being an actress. And then it really was a spiritual awakening for me. I mean, I consider myself a spiritual, religious woman. I don't go to church every Sunday. But I do pray every day. I prayed, like, eight times before I came out here with you. I was, like, God, just tell me what to say. And the truth is that once I became  famous, I thought to myself, well, I can—I will, and I want to continue making music, I will and want to continue being in movies, but I want to help people. These people that come to my shows, I don't want to just take your money and sing for you. I want to help change your life. And I have all this life experience."

I'm paraphrasing, obviously, but that's definitely how I heard it. In the past she would've never separated her music from this mission of helping people. Now, for the first time in her career, she is separating the two :shrug: That's not unimportant to me. Her creative projects are now secondary to a more general goal, which is now in the forefront rather than in the background.

I definitely see your point - I guess I'm more of the camp of "let's wait until we hear/see the album/project before we say she's uninspired or doesn't care"

Ladle Ghoulash
10 hours ago, Didymus said:

I mean, she's kind of hinted towards this herself. In the Oprah talk she literally said something like "yeah, I'll do music and movies but that's not my main goal anymore". And that's coming after a few years of her slowly distancing herself from her "pop star" image (for example saying she really wanted to be an actress and music was a plan B) too.

It's clear that something definitively cracked at the end of 2013. All of her statements, internal logic, and explanations of her work slowly changed since then. Even with Joanne she seemed more passionate about explaining the stories behind the music than to simply present the music as is. Not to mention that the whole era, to me, felt like what must have seemed to her a much needed rebranding and an artistic compromise to win back American hearts. She desperately wanted to show she was just a regular gal who we could relate to.

The Joanne Ball also seemed... idea-less and uninspired in the usual "Gaga" sense. It felt obligatory. With Enigma we got a theatrical sense of stage performing again but the core storyline of the whole show is in fact that her music career wasn't healthy and that she needed healing through stepping out of its matrix. That we all need healing this way. And that this healing of the world is her number one priority right now.

I don't know. Just vomiting out some thoughts. But yeah, we're definitely a long way from "I just want to make music".

Couldn’t agree with this more. Beautifully stated. If this is how she feels, I wish her the ability to live it and realize it however she sees fit.

FarixGaga

I had this exact feeling after hearing Stupid Love a few times. A feeling which became even stronger after rumors (to be confirmed tbh) stated that she intends to release it one month after the leak. I mean in these more than 2 years of work I can't imagine not having an equally good song to put out as plan B or whatever. If this is the case then she is truly uninspired, as she kinda was during Joanne in my humble opinion.

However, Gaga almost always surprises and outdoes herself so I still don't doubt her 100%, just waiting for her next moves. They better be powerful and even calculated for once. She can't waste to hype this time.

JC

BloodyM

I can see where you are coming from and I somewhat agree with you. I have noticed that Gaga drastically changed when it comes to her being all artsy and unique right after ARTPOP. Something happened and she somehow 'normalised' herself and it's all probably comes from all the therapy and medication she takes for mental healthy. But hey, healthy first and I'm glad that shes doing much better now.  

Archived