💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Shallow snubbed during Oscar montage

Mr S

Featured Posts

Lizzie Jacobson

I noticed too and was kinda hoping ASIB would make an appearance but she literally won last year....I’m sure she’ll be mentioned in the future but no songs this decade were featured so :shrug:

Those songs are old sweetie, Shallow literally won last year, it will def be one of the most remembred Oscar songs though :vegas:

Bradley
3 hours ago, PoshLife said:

I wouldn't call Shallow one of "the most famous and iconic movie songs of all time"

Sis in 20 years time people will still remember this song as one of the most popular and iconic original songs ever written for a movie. This is especially difficult to do nowadays that every single artist is writing songs for movies in the attempt to win Original Song awards. Shallow actually stood out as a classic in comparison to some Best Original Song winners like Writing's on the Wall.

YourCureness
3 hours ago, Mr S said:

The Oscars did a montage of some of the most famous and iconic movie songs of all time including "Purple Rain", "I Will Always Love You", and "Footloose". And then a surprise performance of "Lose Yourself" by Eminem.

No mention of "Shallow" 

Why would they give tributa to a new winner? 

CannaeDrive

Considering the 2020 Oscars ceremony was watched by the smallest audience the awards show has ever received. (23.6 million viewers,  that's a 20%, 6 million viewer drop-off from last year), I doubt that many people will remember that particular montage. On the other hand, the Shallow live perf from last year's award show has more than 250 million views, and Shallow is the most awarded song in history.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

TheSlash

I don't think it's time for it to be included in such a montage yet :shrug: . It was honored at the Oscars just last year, the movie isn't even 2 years ago. Give it some time. I think in 10 years Shallow will get the nostalgic recognition it deserves :diane: 

Ew, David!

JusKeepBreathin
4 hours ago, androiduser said:

I think they were going with older songs, avoiding more recent songs.

If anything, Madonna was snubbed, she had more  hit songs fro movies than most pop stars.

Hello, 

Live to Tell

I'll Remember

Don't Cry For Me Argentina

Die Another Day

Beautiful Stranger

Who's That Girl

Gambler

Into The Groove

They could have given her the entire montage.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

12 hours ago, androiduser said:

I think they were going with older songs, avoiding more recent songs.

If anything, Madonna was snubbed, she had more  hit songs fro movies than most pop stars.

You may be right since Let It Go was skipped and it's probably more iconic than Shallow. Though they didn't include any animated movies like Aladdin or Lion King (with Elton John right there in the audience).

I like Madonna and those are great songs but not really iconic in the same way as the others. Some of those movies are only remembered because of the music for example.

Sepsami
13 hours ago, PoshLife said:

I wouldn't call Shallow one of "the most famous and iconic movie songs of all time"

the whole Gaga x Bradley thing was huge tho so idk, give them some more credit 

Archived