Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Shallow snubbed during Oscar montage

Mr S

Featured Posts

The Oscars did a montage of some of the most famous and iconic movie songs of all time including "Purple Rain", "I Will Always Love You", and "Footloose". And then a surprise performance of "Lose Yourself" by Eminem.

No mention of "Shallow" 

Chickens in Malibu

All of the songs featured are old. They didn't snub Shallow. It was just too recent. Notice how Skyfall, City of Stars and Let It Go which are all iconic aren't featured either.

JusKeepBreathin

The real snub was Let it Go - Idina Menzel. I doubt the GP even remembers any lyrics from Shallow except Shalalalalalalow.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

RAMROD

So what, it still got the Oscars. And no one can take that away. Personally it won't cause me a headache :ally:

It is similiar to when people complain why certain actors or such who passed away are not in the memoriam montage, not knowing that those montage are reserved for Academy members only, and everyone who included in are.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

16 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I doubt the GP even remembers any lyrics from Shallow except Shalalalalalalow.

The infamous "Tell me something girl" and then "I'm off the deep end...." And then "haaa aUaauauaUa" are you kidding me? The GP know those

Serial Chiller
1 hour ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

The real snub was Let it Go - Idina Menzel. I doubt the GP even remembers any lyrics from Shallow except Shalalalalalalow.

justkeepbeingdelusional :kiss:

TEANUS

This is false. Anytime I’m at a house party they play Shallow and everyone (I mean from girls, gays, straights, blacks, whites, EVERYONE) sings along and I’m in college...:ally:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

1 hour ago, PoshLife said:

I wouldn't call Shallow one of "the most famous and iconic movie songs of all time"

are we just going to forget and pretend that shallow is the longest charting best original song winner? :oprah:

edit: also it went number 1. 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

androiduser

I think they were going with older songs, avoiding more recent songs.

If anything, Madonna was snubbed, she had more  hit songs fro movies than most pop stars.

Archived