It's very niche and different :lolga:

Accept it and move on gays:excuseu:

Sing C'est la vie 

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
geusst1235
2 hours ago, Amphetamine said:

I get that opinions on vocals are subjective, but there are certain objective measures of determining whether or not someone is an exceptional singer. Vocal coaches literally dedicate their lives to it. I mean that objectively she doesn't have much range, which is something that is important when talking about someone's vocal ability. You even said yourself she can't belt. So I just think it's kind of funny to even compare her performance tonight with Gaga's Sound of Music tribute. And I suspect most vocal coaches would agree. 

Well to be fair, Billie can belt as there are videos showcasing more of a belty/full sound when she was younger (which she does use every now and again these days). You can hear her use that type of vocal configuration in this performance a few times,

So yes she can go there, however that isn't the style or tone she is going for these days. Besides any vocal coach would tell you that she is a good singer in regards to overall technique.

Also its interesting how people insinuate she isn't even trying, when in reality singing softly like  she does can actually be VERY difficult.

Interesting how these people defending Billie said don't compare her to Gaga and proceeds to trash Gaga. Like -- make it make sense :ladyhaha:

geusst1235
26 minutes ago, JR Gg said:

Interesting how these people defending Billie said don't compare her to Gaga and proceeds to trash Gaga. Like -- make it make sense :ladyhaha:

Honestly everyone should just stop trashing or immaturely criticizing artists in general, it's not that difficult. I just really don't see the value in "criticism" that is purely meant to tear another person down. 

Now I'm not obviously talking about the people who present their opinions in a respectful manner, but more so the ones who say stuff like,

"Her singing is ****."

"She/He is a terrible artist. I hate everything they do no matter what."

"Ugh she/he is so boring, why does anyone like them?"

Totally inconsiderate and simply not needed nor wanted. A bit more positivity wouldn't hurt anyone oof. That goes for discussions about all artists including Gaga, Billie,etc.

Anveeroy

I never ever seen this much hatred towards a piece of clothing. Seriously! How they can sleep at night with vicious thoughts? Lifeless.

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Lord Temptation
2 hours ago, Duy Nguyen said:

You don't understand English? What exact words or sentences I compared Gaga and Billie?   I was referring to what Gaga stood for, am I not allowed to call her name in a Billie thread?

Lol at you bring New York Times here, did Billie ask NYT to give her that title? She doesn't live to NYT's expectation or yours. Say whatever you want, 'cause I couldn't keep your mouth shut, whatever makes you sleep at night :)

Wow, how condascending asking if I understand English lmao :enigma:. And congratulations on realising your inability to keep my mouth shut, whew chile :poot:

I don't hate her but the fact that she is being promoted this hard everywhere tells me she's indeed an industry plant. I've never seen such level of promotion since Camilla Cabello and Alessia Cara.

malazam

It was a very good performance but I didn't like it that much (kinda don't like The Beatles). She made it hers tho.

I get that Interscope is testing the waters but girl, you were bored the whole thing :giveup: I know it's the Oscars but at least smile ONCE.

I don't wanna get into her look cause everyone is trashing her because I understand why she wants baggy clothes but there are hundreds of other styles that will make you look amazing without being sexualized.

That outfit just wasn't it :awkney:

another shot before we kiss the other side

FentyGa

i just wish she’d do something interesting or unexpected. i love the hair, but the outfit’s so...meh. nice colour, tho

audrey horne

12 pages of grown cis males triggered because for once, they can't objectify a girl based on her outfit. What is new really

dynamite
2 minutes ago, adterp said:

12 pages of grown cis males triggered because for once, they can't objectify a girl based on her outfit. What is new really

Please get a grip of yourself you sound ridiculous.

Archived