Bille Eilish at the Oscars

LadariousGarage

Featured Posts

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MessyTop
46 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

Nobody hates her for dressing different. It’s just annoying that her stylists can only come up with one look. As someone who works in fashion, I can assure you that there are multiple ways of hiding your body and looking chic, rather than wearing the same thing over and over again. It’s boring. 

That’s the way she wants to look. She doesn’t want to look chic. She wants people to focus on her voice. And I respect that. What a great example for young girls, you don’t have to be chic or stylish to be talented and successful 

Just now, MessyTop said:

That’s the way she wants to look. She doesn’t want to look chic. She wants people to focus on her voice. And I respect that. What a great example for young girls, you don’t have to be chic or stylish to be talented and successful 

I’m talking from a fashion point of view. You can’t hail her as a fashion icon when she wears the same thing over and over again.

MessyTop
Just now, Adarsh said:

I’m talking from a fashion point of view. You can’t hail her as a fashion icon when she wears the same thing over and over again.

She’s not a fashion icon, nor she wants to be. That’s the thing, that’s not her and that’s ok. 

MessyTop
1 minute ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Yikes at people judging the way she looks.

Let her wear what she wants.

Amen, I respect that she wants people to focus on her voice. People here wanting her to look for chic 😬 is silly. That’s not who she is. 

1 minute ago, MessyTop said:

She’s not a fashion icon, nor she wants to be. That’s the thing, that’s not her and that’s ok. 

I was responding the the people who are comparing her weird outfits to Gaga’s. I don’t hate her at all, but what Gaga did was pure art, this is not that. That’s my only point. 

freebit

I feel like that bright green hair cheapens everything she wears. This would look nice but still "her" if she had just dyed her hair black.

Daylight Jokers

I was looking forward to seeing her in a gown or something formal for once, since this is the Oscars :huntyga:. Oh, well. Comfort over style, I guess.

Debithius
6 hours ago, Gypsy said:

How.... reductive 

Would love to see her in something diff then baggy clothes. Looks like my throw rug on my bed.

She has her reason for wearing baggy clothes. She doesnt want people to judge her based on her body.

crybrowz
2 minutes ago, Debithius said:

She has her reason for wearing baggy clothes. She doesnt want people to judge her based on her body.

I can totally respect her decision to not want to put her body on display, but there are  other ways to be modest that aren't wearing oversized pajamas to every event :rip:

EvilChromatica
47 minutes ago, Amphetamine said:

Objectively speaking, it kind of does though :poot:

May I ask how do you judge someone's voice objectively?

giskardsb

OK so basically I guess everyone is OK with Billie non-conforming as long as she non-conforms in a conforming way. 

Archived