💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Oscars 2020 aka 92nd Academy Awards

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Thomas P
6 hours ago, August3 said:

Just happy that Joker didn't win tbh. But Parasite? Come on, most overated movie of the decade. Just proves how irrelevant and meaningless these award shows are. It's always the popular who wins, instead of the one that actually deserves it. 

I’m sorry but you’re obviously in the minority here. 
You’re entitled to not like the film, but seeing as the majority of people here are thrilled with its win pretty much denotes the statement that the Oscars are irrelevant. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thomas P
1 hour ago, August3 said:

Because I don't think we should award or praise things that aren't worthy of awards or praise. 

This contradicts EVERYTHING you’ve said lol. If you don’t think you should award things that don’t deserve to be awarded, you’re giving value to the awards. 

Queen Bitch
22 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

This contradicts EVERYTHING you’ve said lol. If you don’t think you should award things that don’t deserve to be awarded, you’re giving value to the awards. 

Award shows are meaningless because they constantly award things that aren't deserving. 

Queen Bitch
25 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

I’m sorry but you’re obviously in the minority here. 
You’re entitled to not like the film, but seeing as the majority of people here are thrilled with its win pretty much denotes the statement that the Oscars are irrelevant. 

They are irrelevant, no matter what Gagadaily members believe. Very little people actually care about awards. 

Thomas P
2 minutes ago, August3 said:

They are irrelevant, no matter what Gagadaily members believe. Very little people actually care about awards. 

I know that in the grand scheme of things they don’t matter at all, but personally, as someone who loves movies and really gets into them, they do mean something. 

But i agree that they aren’t as culturally important as the media likes people to think. 

Queen Bitch
1 minute ago, Thomas P said:

I know that in the grand scheme of things they don’t matter at all, but personally, as someone who loves movies and really gets into them, they do mean something. 

But i agree that they aren’t as culturally important as the media likes people to think. 

Then we agree on something :huntyga: Honestly I really care about movies too, so obviously I know that the Oscars means something to someone.

But the fact that I love movies so much, also means that it annoys me, when everyone are obsessed with a movie, like Parasite, and I just don't understand it. As I said before, I think it’s great, I just don't get the MASSIVE hype around it, and it's starting to get a little annoying for me:huntyga: But maybe I got a bit too salty when I saw it won. Obviously it's not like it's the worst movie that could have won. 

19 hours ago, August3 said:

Just happy that Joker didn't win tbh. But Parasite? Come on, most overated movie of the decade. Just proves how irrelevant and meaningless these award shows are. It's always the popular who wins, instead of the one that actually deserves it. 

Boooo

Archived