💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Birds of Prey (turned down by Gaga) not doing well at box office

Guillaume Hamon

Featured Posts

This might be considered a spoiler. 

As an action movie, Birds of Prey was just as good if not better than most. Harley Quinn is a brutal cute educated clown.  The drawback for some males is going to be its feminism.  The females are the  "hero" bad girls, at least the story is told with her lead. The males are the villain mercenary badboys.  The movie seemed to really display that Harley isn't a heroine. The lead isn't a heroine.  It's really just a big shootout between various villians(one exception).  By the end of the movie, we got Birds of Prey, a new group of heroines. I hope they do a sequil.  It's the only new movie at my local theatre this weekend. It ought to do well.

Anyway, so much physical battling. I cringe thinking about Gaga fibro acting any of those roles. Even with stunt doubles, there would still be pressure to do physical violence.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jigglygoth
8 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Gaga was often rumored to be in the movie and apparently declined it.

Good for her since it was only for a supporting role in this project that now gets disappointing results.

https://deadline.com/2020/02/birds-of-prey-weekend-box-office-margot-robbie-1202853768/

GOOD, I knew the movie would be poop TBH :ladyhaha:. Ugh, this Oscar winning chanteause, ha instinct! :diane:

HEART OF EVER-FROST

HausOfMark

Wasnt Gaga also rumored to be a character from a xmen comic, I cant remember the name thou.

-Mark

Guillaume Hamon
2 hours ago, Mitchey said:

Who cares? Suicide Squad did great at the box office and bombed critically. Birds of Prey isn’t doing well at the box office, but is doing really well criticallyI would rather Gaga be in a critically acclaimed movie than one that brings in more money.

Same but if she makes unsuccessful movies then she'll be blacklisted for many projects by producers and it may make her miss greats roles... :/  That's why I'm glad she's not associate with a "flop".

Guillaume Hamon
20 minutes ago, HausOfMark said:

Wasnt Gaga also rumored to be a character from a xmen comic, I cant remember the name thou.

Dazzler I think! ;) 

Guillaume Hamon
3 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

But you need to be offered something first to turn it down :ally:   where was Gaga's offer?

Apparently the Black Canary role. :) 

xoxo Craig
3 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Apparently the Black Canary role. :) 

That was just a rumour make by fans :huh:

End Racism Now

Bloody hooker
3 hours ago, the Devil of Pop said:

Omg :air: What's the story behind this?  It's just fanfiction and a random blonde lady right? There's no way Gaga would be sitting all alone on a street corner

Gaga had dinner with Margot Robbie, and then called someone and said that she was boring. Most thought it wasn’t Gaga, but @LaMaisonGaga got in contact with her stylist and confirmed it was her. 

You can copy and paste this Imgur link to see the other picture. 
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/HhWTi2h

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

JazzGa
6 hours ago, Bloody hooker said:

Gaga had dinner with Margot Robbie, and then called someone and said that she was boring. Most thought it wasn’t Gaga, but @LaMaisonGaga got in contact with her stylist and confirmed it was her. 

You can copy and paste this Imgur link to see the other picture. 
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/HhWTi2h

I'm shook up to hear about this! It truly is sad that her private conversation was overheard and now the two of them will be in a feud forever and will never work together.  Thanks for the scoop though!

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Battle 4 Ur Life

lmao some of you trashing the movie calling it a flop when it’s one of the best movies of the year already.

and sorry but Gaga could NEVER had played Harley better than Margot did. she is so not in that level yet as an actress.

Margot was freaking brilliant.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

LateToCult
16 hours ago, RAMROD said:

If the rumor that she and Gaga was feuding because of a movie role back then is true, it is very unlikely that Gaga will ever be cast in any movie involving Robbie, especially the ones where is a producer.

I think we dodged a bullet without even knowing it.  :icega:

LateToCult
2 hours ago, the Devil of Pop said:

I'm shook up to hear about this! It truly is sad that her private conversation was overheard and now the two of them will be in a feud forever and will never work together.  Thanks for the scoop though!

Omg. In 2021/22 when Margo and Gaga are both competing in awards season for best actress and the media brings this mess up for drama. I can see it so clearly. Third eye is OPEN!

D0-C3-CE78-D43-A-41-DE-8-E48-1-EF1-CCC2-

18 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I don't get the movies mentality on success...

It had a budget of 85M and it's already at 30M...

I work in film and can explain! 

-Production budget: 85m

-Assumed Marketing Spend: 30-50m

-Theaters / distributor take 30-50% of profits as a cut, some actors and producers get a cut of profit percentage

-So the movie actually cost about 120m and only made 30m on its biggest weekend, only about half of which will even go the studio that paid for it when all is said and done. So it just made about 15m in profit yet cost at least 8x that.

-The usually multiplier for movie profitability is 2.1-2.5x its budget — aka a movie usually has to make about two and a half times its budget before it actually turns a profits for the studio. 

-In the end most movies make about 2.5x their opening weekend too: so this opening at 30m and is now expected to make about 75m here in the states. But the studio will only get about 37m of that profit....after spending 120m on it. 

The movie is probably gonna lose TENS OF MILLIONS of dollars. But thats hollywood — you spend a lot for the chance to double or triple your money. Every studio is making 100 million movies hoping the movie makes 500 million and they walk away with half of that and therefore make their budget + 150m back. 

Thats the reality of the film economy and why flops really do look bad!

Guillaume Hamon
9 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

That was just a rumour make by fans :huh:

Are you sure it started with the fans?  

I know It was reported by plenty of medias so maybe it was indeed and medias followed.

Archived