💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Birds of Prey (turned down by Gaga) not doing well at box office

Guillaume Hamon

Featured Posts

Bloody hooker
6 minutes ago, mauvais said:

Well, at least we got this iconic IG story out of it.

Dc02YEFW4AAgFL4.jpg:large

I immediately thought about this before I opened the thread. :air:

Thisï»ż mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.ï»ż

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Defmix100
18 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Gaga wasn't even confirmed for this movie :sharon:   

you can't be confirmed if you turned it down :ally:

JazzGa

I just watched Normani and Megan Thee Stallion's music video they did for the soundtrack and it slayed me so good :giveup:

I also heard there was a fight scene that takes place on a carousel :giveup:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with BrianđŸŽș and SteveđŸŽ·

xoxo Craig
Just now, Defmix100 said:

you can't be confirmed if you turned it down :ally:

But you need to be offered something first to turn it down :ally:   where was Gaga's offer?

End Racism Now

Also news?

9 minutes ago, Jesse said:

But it's doing good at rotten tomatoes

11 minutes ago, Florin said:

That's bad considering it had good reviews. 

My guess is that it'll make decent money over the next few weeks, considering the word of mouth might be doing more for it than its advertising.

It unfortunately had two major factors working against it

1) Suicide Squad sequel (which most people loathed)

2) lots of women being real characters and not just something for men to j*ck off to

3 points in and ready for more

I love Margot Robbie and the movie is very well rated on RT, besides I love Comic Movies, so I am going to watch it for sure.

I am happy Gaga turned it down though, i don't see he interest for her to do a second role in a movie like that at this point in her career.

But I would be glad to see her involved in a more serious comic book movie treatment... Considering that Joker will likely have a sequel, and the it is produced by Bradley, who knows? That could be a good move.

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

freebit

Good she's not in it because I feel like if she was, she'd somehow be blamed for it bombing. :smh:  I wonder if the character she was going to play would have been treated differently if she was in it though(as in highlighted and treated like a major character in the trailers instead of in the background and barely visible).

5 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I don't get the movies mentality on success...

It had a budget of 85M and it's already at 30M...

A movie needs to do at least 2x its budget to break even, and more than that to make a profit. So it would probably need at least 250M+ to be at all profitable for the studio. It's opened with 33M. The box office for it is likely to dwindle from here on out, so it's not looking great for it.

Who cares? Suicide Squad did great at the box office and bombed critically. Birds of Prey isn’t doing well at the box office, but is doing really well critically. I would rather Gaga be in a critically acclaimed movie than one that brings in more money. I saw the movie yesterday and it was fantastic. 

Lilmonzter

It's always quality over quantity to me

So I want her to do something substantive not just for that single superhero movie 

Something with longevity 

And between MCU over World of DC any day that Kevin Fiege touch is golden like Midas

Sing C'est la vie 

JazzGa
1 hour ago, mauvais said:

Well, at least we got this iconic IG story out of it.

Dc02YEFW4AAgFL4.jpg:large

Omg :air: What's the story behind this?  It's just fanfiction and a random blonde lady right? There's no way Gaga would be sitting all alone on a street corner

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with BrianđŸŽș and SteveđŸŽ·

gagzus

I would have her in Sirens as Ivy but I know they won’t do that, it seems more likely they’re gonna make Ivy a South African because of the relation to wildlife, the rainforest and for diversity 

gagzus
1 hour ago, Miel said:

Oh well, it looks like it's gonna be on the better end of the DC movies, thankfully (is... it even in the canon? What's going on with the canon?). I'm gonna try and watch it today!

AnTyways, I can see why Gaga wasn't feeling this role quite yet. My guess is that she wants to be strategic and nab serious roles first (like that heavy rumor of her in that Ridley Scott movie). She's earned a lot of respect from her peers, but I think she wants to solidify it.

I don’t think it’s going to be canon because The Batman reboot in 2021 marks the new beginning of the connecting DCEU which The Joker was meant to be their Iron Man film. And I love the dark more adult tone of the DCEU but love the spectacle of the MCU so hopefully they keep it darker so it’s more adult I guess.

As far as we’re aware Robbie, Gadot and Mamoa are keeping their roles and they’re recasting pretty much everyone else and might even do Justice League Dark at some point 

Archived