other

Birds of Prey (turned down by Gaga) not doing well at box office

Guillaume Hamon

Featured Posts

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Sirens are already green lit to be filmed. Which will also be produced by Margot Robbie.

Im all for woman empowerment but after watching Birds of Prey, Im not sure Margot is good enough to produce these DC films. The screenplay was mediocre, the costumes very mediocre (except Harley's weirdly), the depiction of DC villains like Black Mask were very one dimensional not to mention, the mission of Harley & the other characters and what's at stakes is very very simple. It would be like using an iconic HUGE character like Joker, and putting him in a screenplay where he has to fight two random thieves. It's not on his level, the story was not on Harley Quinn's level and even though it looked good, it had barely any jokes in it (she shouldve hired a comedy writer). It was such a disappointment because she couldve done better. If this continues and it's the same with Sirens, it'll kill her character and the hype around it. 

I also think she focused too much on the underlying message of the film which is about gender equality and female empowerment, but she did it by turning all men in the movie into 'bad guys'. There is more to women than constantly comparing them to men and how they treat them, so I think it was such a waste. Good that Gaga didnt join in, in my opinion it would look even cheaper 

RAMROD
13 minutes ago, kyanewest said:

Im all for woman empowerment but after watching Birds of Prey, Im not sure Margot is good enough to produce these DC films. The screenplay was mediocre, the costumes very mediocre (except Harley's weirdly), the depiction of DC villains like Black Mask were very one dimensional not to mention, the mission of Harley & the other characters and what's at stakes is very very simple. It would be like using an iconic HUGE character like Joker, and putting him in a screenplay where he has to fight two random thieves. It's not on his level, the story was not on Harley Quinn's level and even though it looked good, it had barely any jokes in it (she shouldve hired a comedy writer). It was such a disappointment because she couldve done better. If this continues and it's the same with Sirens, it'll kill her character and the hype around it. 

I also think she focused too much on the underlying message of the film which is about gender equality and female empowerment, but she did it by turning all men in the movie into 'bad guys'. There is more to women than constantly comparing them to men and how they treat them, so I think it was such a waste. Good that Gaga didnt join in, in my opinion it would look even cheaper 

Well..., not sure if anything change after this, but WB already appointed Robbie as Executive Producer for Gotham City Sirens. So everything with that project will be need to be approved by her, from fashion, story, casting, and more.

If the rumor that she and Gaga was feuding because of a movie role back then is true, it is very unlikely that Gaga will ever be cast in any movie involving Robbie, especially the ones where is a producer.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Bradley

I wish DC success and I love DC but if Gaga were to star in a new movie, it better be a lead role, and thank God it is with the Gucci film.

Woolfsmck
3 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I don't get the movies mentality on success...

It had a budget of 85M and it's already at 30M...

Open day is often (not always) an indication of how will it will sell and general interest in seeing it ...

The first people who see it are kinda the reviewers for their family and friends … 

So , a big opening means there is a lot of interest and people will say wether or not to go see it … 

and ...

profit is a barometer too … simply making costs is considered a failure … 

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

Biggest Fan

Well I have to admit it didn’t feel good that movie watching the trailer 

and I have to say I need to watch it before posting my opinion but 

I don’t like the joker movie this one

jared leto joker GIF
I would watch it but it’s just not good enough for me 😅

anyways the part this girls has also I don’t like 

feels so boring

bit ima gonna watch this new movie

The new Joker movie was sick!! I like it more dramatic and real 

🤖

HeavyyMetalVenuss

plenty of superhero movies are mediocre, but once the womens’ constant sexualization gets taken out of the picture, it gets called out more :reductive:

Cake like Malibu Gaga

CannaeDrive
2 hours ago, Bradley said:

I wish DC success and I love DC but if Gaga were to star in a new movie, it better be a lead role, and thank God it is with the Gucci film.

Mte Gaga doesn't need to feature in ok to mediocre movies, including those repetitive s*per h*roes flics.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

ryansamonster

Hopefully word of mouth will spread and it’ll end up being profitable. Remember that even though Suicide Squad performed well, it was hated by fans and critics alike. Birds of Prey has a certified fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes and I personally enjoyed the movie so I’m recommending it to all! 

Oh well, it looks like it's gonna be on the better end of the DC movies, thankfully (is... it even in the canon? What's going on with the canon?). I'm gonna try and watch it today!

AnTyways, I can see why Gaga wasn't feeling this role quite yet. My guess is that she wants to be strategic and nab serious roles first (like that heavy rumor of her in that Ridley Scott movie). She's earned a lot of respect from her peers, but I think she wants to solidify it.

3 points in and ready for more

Archived