other

Birds of Prey (turned down by Gaga) not doing well at box office

Guillaume Hamon

Featured Posts

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland

I don't get the movies mentality on success...

It had a budget of 85M and it's already at 30M...

OpenHeartedMonster

I just watched the movie yesterday! I see why it isn't doing do good but anyway I would have loved seeing Gaga on that movie :enigma: What role she was rumored to be tho? I can't see her being anyone else than Harley :O Okay or maybe the Little Bird 

9 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

They probably spent as much on advertising, around 45% of the gross goes to the theatres it's being played at etc. Only those two factors set it back by how much? 

Too bad though, despite not following superhero movies, DC/Marvel nonsense, I was rooting for this one. :green:

RAMROD

Well, the neckbeards are boycotting this movie because Harley isn't sexualized, also because it's that Girl Power movie that they hate. Lots of these annoying talks by them on social media.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

I watched the movie a couple of days ago and it's pretty mediocre. I can see why Gaga turned it down. And why it's doing bad.

Kindness rules all.

Miracle
26 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

The money spent on promoting the movie is usually like 1.5x the money of the budget. So in order not to lose money, the box office should end at around 180-250M, which it's unlikely since lots of movies make most of its money first week. How bad or well the DVD release will do will also influence the success of the movie but right now things are not looking good. 

Guillaume Hamon
19 minutes ago, OpenHeartedMonster said:

What role she was rumored to be tho?

Rumors back then were saying she was offered black canary role.  Sometimes it was said to be the huntress.

24 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

The expectations were quite higher for the first days. :/ 

I know the budget revealed doesn't always count all the money invested on promotion. Sometimes it makes quite more than its official budget and investors still lost money with the project.

29 minutes ago, Gypsy said:

Damn would love to see Gaga in a superhero/fantasy type movie :pray:

Just imagine the slayage.

A Poison Ivy! :D But rihanna also wants the role if a movie with Ivy is ever done apparently... :/ 

Catwoman too.. But a good one, not like the one that killed Halle Berry's career. :koons:

RAMROD
26 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

A Poison Ivy! :D But rihanna also wants the role if a movie with Ivy is ever done apparently... :/ 

Catwoman too.. But a good one, not like the one that killed Halle Berry's career. :koons:

Sirens are already green lit to be filmed. Which will also be produced by Margot Robbie. A group where Ivy known to be a member of. WB/DC already got their CatWoman and Harley. So they only need to focus on Ivy casting. But it is more likely to go to Ana De Armas if not any other Latin or Asian actress. Since DCEU lately are very keen on doing equal representation.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

eeaarrllaalloo

If only they made it into The Gotham City Sirens

"By FaR ThE MoSt IrRiTatInG PoSteR oN "ChRoMaTiCa" DisCusSion.

Archived