💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Birds of Prey (turned down by Gaga) not doing well at box office

Guillaume Hamon

Featured Posts

I think Gaga meant the movie was boring, not Margot Robbie. She didn't like the idea for the movie (superhero girl gang) or her bit supporting part.  She doesn't want to be in "boring" stuff like that.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guillaume Hamon
8 hours ago, Bloody hooker said:

Gaga had dinner with Margot Robbie, and then called someone and said that she was boring.

Yeah it was the caption on this snap of gaga on the phone posted earlier here.

Gaga can always say they made that up cause she never said that about Margot... Whatever it's true or not. :stalkga:

LateToCult
Just now, shane_c said:

I think Gaga meant the movie was boring, not Margot Robbie. She didn't like the idea for the movie (superhero girl gang) or her bit supporting part.  She doesn't want to be in "boring" stuff like that.

When this rumor came out they were saying that Gaga was complaining about Margo being boring. :selena:

Just now, LateToCult said:

When this rumor came out they were saying that Gaga was complaining about Margo being boring. :selena:

They're wrong. She wouldn't say that. She meant the movie and the part.

zakariah

oh right, I totally forgot they had offered her a role in this film

I had a feeling it wasn't gonna do well ever since all those alterations and changes that margot made were announced lol

LateToCult
18 minutes ago, shane_c said:

They're wrong. She wouldn't say that. She meant the movie and the part.

I think Gaga would totally say that. She’s kind of picky when it comes to people she works with. “They’re boring” is a valid thing to say if someone calls you to ask how a potential work relationship is going.

Whatever Gaga said or not, the movie was SOOO fun! Boring or not, Margot Robbie is INCREDIBLE as Harley, you can feel her passion for the character!

Seriously, if you want a fun movie, with great characters, Amazing (and I mean A MA ZING) fight scenes, go ahead! Such a fun time! I'm definitively toying with the idea of going back a 2nd time!

Economy
On 2/9/2020 at 7:48 AM, Wixson said:

They probably spent as much on advertising, around 45% of the gross goes to the theatres it's being played at etc. Only those two factors set it back by how much? 

Too bad though, despite not following superhero movies, DC/Marvel nonsense, I was rooting for this one. :green:

I movie I loved (Sphere) which had a bunch of famous actors on top of that had a budget of $80 million (that was 1998 so over $120 Million in today's Dollars) and grossed $50 Million after all these years or little more than half it's budget :selena:

Add advertising to that and the floppage was real :emma:

Guillaume Hamon
1 hour ago, YourCureness said:

Lol gaga was never part of this project. 

I only said she was rumored to be part of it, not officially attached to it. ;) 

16 hours ago, brownie said:

I work in film and can explain! 

-Production budget: 85m

-Assumed Marketing Spend: 30-50m

-Theaters / distributor take 30-50% of profits as a cut, some actors and producers get a cut of profit percentage

-So the movie actually cost about 120m and only made 30m on its biggest weekend, only about half of which will even go the studio that paid for it when all is said and done. So it just made about 15m in profit yet cost at least 8x that.

-The usually multiplier for movie profitability is 2.1-2.5x its budget — aka a movie usually has to make about two and a half times its budget before it actually turns a profits for the studio. 

-In the end most movies make about 2.5x their opening weekend too: so this opening at 30m and is now expected to make about 75m here in the states. But the studio will only get about 37m of that profit....after spending 120m on it. 

The movie is probably gonna lose TENS OF MILLIONS of dollars. But thats hollywood — you spend a lot for the chance to double or triple your money. Every studio is making 100 million movies hoping the movie makes 500 million and they walk away with half of that and therefore make their budget + 150m back. 

Thats the reality of the film economy and why flops really do look bad!

$50 million seems way too much on marketing if they spent $85 million on the entire production.    Money must go places I never would have expected.

17 minutes ago, Fresco said:

$50 million seems way too much on marketing if they spent $85 million on the entire production.    Money must go places I never would have expected.

Most people don't realize that marketing budgets for big movies can frequently be 50% of the production budget! It simply costs a ton to promote a movie like this. Netflix just spent 100 MILLION on their oscar campaign for a few movies, and a superbowl ad is 2-3 million alone now! Movies will spend 10 million just running tv spots

ryhanna

I'm bummed it's not performing well because it is truly a fantastic, fun movie and the entire cast kills it. 

Archived