- Gets record deal with Interscope before turning 15

- YouTube sponsorship

- Kids clothing line

- Gucci sponsorship

- Interviews with Variety three years in a row

- Glastonbury Festival performance

- Coachella Festival performance

- Wins all Big 4 Awards at Grammys

If that is not an industry plant then I donā€™t know what is.

So many sponsorship deals just to persuade teens to buy all that crap.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BUtterfield 8
Just now, Postboy said:

We wonā€™t be Ā talking about Billie in 2 years.Ā 

Are you sure?

i donā€™t think sheā€™s gonna be like lorde and take massive break between her debut and sophomore albumĀ 

Ricardo

lol @ everyone here saying Billie's success was more "organic", they're acting like Interscope didn't shove Bad Guy down our throats every chance they gotĀ 

mess

and don't know why Gaga was involved in this anyway, everyone will use their gimmicks to attract gp's attention and that's fair but don't act like Billie is over any other pop girl because she's not at all, the whole prefabricated pop stars era was over a long time ago and every single one of the major pop girls out there had to make a big effort to get where they areĀ 

TimisaMonster

Why the random snap at ARIANA tho???

Maybe he is trying to get attention and use her name to start mess...idk

Honestly tho...clearly his opinion is biased and Billie is a friend to himĀ 

Stream my new single, šŸ’œ"Heartbeat"šŸ’œ, on Spotify!

I LOVE GGD

Regardless of who you are or who you think you are, NOBODY has the moral compass to compare or denigrate for that matter, what other artists do. You do whatever you do and let others do whatever they please. You can definitely praise someone you like and admire without having to unnecessarily call someone out just because YOU deemed it unworthy. BEING RUDE IS NEVER A GOOD LOOK.

Didymus
58 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Billie Eilish (before age 18):

- Partnerships with Spotify to put her in all playlists

- Beats by Dre sponsorship

- Apple sponsorship

- YouTube sponsorship

- Kids clothing line

- Gucci sponsorship

Lady Gaga during her debut era:

Spoiler

- Interscope hired FlyLife and Coalition Media to help market her music and image to the gay community specifically (a strategy copied from the Scissor Sisters)

- Interscope paid/lobbied for gigs/appearances at Winter Music Conference, NowNowNext Awards, Fire Island, Berlin Fashion Week, The Hills, Miss Universe, San Francisco Gay Pride, Ellen, Brit Awards, So You Think You Can Dance, Jimmy Kimmel, Jay Leno, The View, and American Idol

- an Interscope paid feature of three The Fame songs in mega hit series Gossip Girl

- a calculated friendship with Perez Hilton, who mass promoted Just Dance

- an Interscope lobbied position as opener for New Kids on the Block and Pussycat Dolls

- an Interscope lobbied front cover of Rolling Stone

Relevant testimonials about this period:

Dave Mace, senior vice president of programming for Logo: "Interscope was really pushing this girl. She had the one video out, for 'Just Dance'. Interscope had clearly given her more money to work with than most developing artists."

James Diener, CEO of A&M/Octone Records: "Lady Gaga is probably the greatest artist development story we've seen in memorable history."

David Ciemny, ex-tour manager of Gaga: "She was very acutely aware of certain program directors. And if they didn't add the song [Just Dance], it was, 'What do we do?' She knew everyone at her label. If something wasn't happening, she'd say, 'Let me call that guy. What do I need to do? I'll show up at the station, I'll sing "Happy Birthday." I'll do whatever it takes."

Nicole Scherzinger, lead singer of Pussycat Dolls: "I believe it was Jimmy Iovine's idea [to book Gaga as the opener of their tour]. Keep in mind, Gaga wasn't... I think she might've had one single out. 'Just Dance'. No one had ever heard of her."

Bye.

Both Gaga and Billie are hard working, talented artists whose potential was discovered and exploited by a major record label who invested a ton into their career. The end. It's really not that complicated. No need for "industry plant" accusations. If Billie's music was garbage and she had no talent to convince her peers that she was worthy of so much acclaim and attention, she would have never made it big, OBVIOUSLY :rip:

giskardsb
50 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Billie Eilish (before age 18):

- Partnerships with Spotify to put her in all playlists

- Beats by Dre sponsorship

- Apple sponsorship

- Gets record deal with Interscope before turning 15

- YouTube sponsorship

- Kids clothing line

- Gucci sponsorship

- Wins all Big 4 Awards at Grammys

She and Finneas became famous via a self produced songs on Soundcloud which is how they became noticed by labels.

"When you fall asleep, where do you Go" is completely self produced by Billie and Finneas in their small home studio and they refused outside production or label intervention producing the album.

The rest of that stuff is the result of becoming known and Interscope being Interscope. Ā Do you not remember Gaga's custom version of "Beats" lol?

I mean, if Billie is an "industry plant" then what do you call Ariana, a nearly complete product of the entertainment industry LOL.

Ā 

Didymus
40 minutes ago, freebit said:

We also don't have to drag Gaga into every argument and make her seem lesser than to prop another up.

That's not my intention at all. Quite the contrary. What I'm saying is we shouldn't judge artists (you're probably not doing this but your pal @Lord Temptation clearly is) based on major record labels trying to make them successful.

Billie has already proven her worth to millions of people. It's only salty pop forum gays who seem to have a problem with her :ladyhaha: So your Lorde analogy is actually spot on: Billie has already moved on to global respect, not only from music critics but also from her musical peers. Yet some people are still trying to paint her as some untalented girl with no personality who was simply paid to pose as famous. That's just twisting reality.

Didymus
3 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

She and Finneas became famous via a self produced songs on Soundcloud which is how they became noticed by labels.

"When you fall asleep, where do you Go" is completely self produced by Billie and Finneas in their small home studio and they refused outside production or label intervention producing the album.

The rest of that stuff is the result of becoming known and Interscope being Interscope. Ā Do you not remember Gaga's custom version of "Beats" lol?

I mean, if Billie is an "industry plant" then what do you call Ariana, a nearly complete product of the entertainment industry LOL.

100% right on.

And it's particularly cutting because @Lord Temptation can't seem to praise Ariana enough in these anti-Billie conversations. Ridiculous given his own arguments indeed.

First of all, Iā€™m not gonna say Who? cuz I know who he is but what he saidĀ isĀ so dissappointing...Ā this isnā€™t how you make a statement, this is pure hate towards ariana and other artists who make similar music. So wrongly worded.

as a green day listener, Iā€™m devastatedĀ :madge:

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua

myusername
2 hours ago, Oyster said:

ok some of you acting like ā€œbillie joe whoā€ are embarrassing, this guy was huge!

He still a local.Ā 

Maestro play me your symphony I will listen to anything Take me on a trip DJ free my mind

giskardsb

Its actually hilarious at all that any pop fan complains about "industry plants" in the pop industry, when nearly every single song is the result of a massive pop machine and stars that were massively pumped by their labels to be stars. Ā They are ALL "Industry Plants" by that standard. Ā  Ā Billie and Finneas working on the MUSIC on their own, without producers du jour or third party writers ( and without crutches like Autotune even on the stacked harmonies) is why they are considered more "authentic." Because they are.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Archived