Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billie Joe Armstrong throws shade at Ariana when talking about Billie Eilis

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony
7 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Green Day was big in the 00’s so you shouldn’t expect him to make many headlines in 2020. 

This just shows people here aren’t aware of much past female Pop stars.

This isn’t just about you btw. People on this forum don’t seem to be aware of many rappers or basically any genre that isn’t a female Pop star. 

I’ve heard, and know, who Green Day is it’s just the specific band members names that would be harder to recall or know...

But I understand and agree to your point about many of us stans on the site not really knowing, or caring, about music outside pop.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus
1 minute ago, Lord Temptation said:

Why are Billie’s fans so pretentious? Oh wait nvm, just figured it out :icega:

Glad you figured out it's really the Billie haters that are pretentious :hug:

Lord Temptation
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

Glad you figured out it's really the Billie haters that are pretentious :hug:

I didn’t even know Billie had haters! That would actually make her interesting to me :huntyga:

Didymus
2 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

I didn’t even know Billie had haters! That would actually make her interesting to me :huntyga:

... You're one of them.

ChromeAngel
1 hour ago, Oyster said:

ok some of you acting like “billie joe who” are embarrassing, this guy was huge!

Right! He’s from one of the most significant bands of the 90s and 00s. About as legendary as you can get 

Lord Temptation
12 minutes ago, Didymus said:

... You're one of them.

I don’t hate Billie. I just don’t respect industry plants, no matter how many celebrities tell me I should.

Thomas P
4 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

I don’t hate Billie. I just don’t respect industry plants, no matter how many celebrities tell me I should.

:ladyhaha: okay lol

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Uhm... Billie is definitely more interesting than Ariana (incl. their music respectively), but they are not that far off :lmao:  He is acting like Billie is Amy Winehouse level and Ariana is Britney level, yikes. 

Unnecessary and makes no sense in the first place, they are both commercial and cater to the same target group, like let's not. 

AzeaIia Banks

Imagine being so irrelevant that you have to say something falsely controversial to get recognition. Live your own hustle.

EDIT: I'm not saying he's not known, in fact he was.

Gaga please release Red Flame and Ratchet

giskardsb

Literally everything Ari does is playing the standard pop girl games.   Billie is not. 

Lord Temptation
1 hour ago, Oyster said:

ok some of you acting like “billie joe who” are embarrassing, this guy was huge!

Not everyone that was huge 20 years ago will be remembered or heard of today. Or even 10 years ago.

Didymus
12 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

:ladyhaha:

We're on a pop forum. All major pop stars had major financial backing from their label, especially Gaga. If you know anything about her early career you already know this, so why use that argument against Billie alone and not everyone else?

And before you start with a "Gaga worked much harder!" narrative, let me remind you that the only reason Billie became famous is because one of her performances went viral on SoundCloud (she was not discovered by a talent scout who hooked her up with the right connections like Gaga) and that it took Billie three full years of doing promo since her first official release to get the public's attention. Meanwhile Gaga had the benefit of Interscope throwing all the money they had to her to promote Just Dance (they booked her major gigs while she was still a nobody and literally hired a company to force-promote her to the gay community), and only had to wait five months before she was a major commercial force :rip:

Be careful which sword you use. This one is definitely double-edged.

elijahfan
1 hour ago, rasclautmangos said:

What does he know about Ariana? Has he ever worked with her?

I like Billie and all but let's not get ridiculous here. She's not doing anything so groundbreaking that warrants him calling out other artists. 

I mean, Billie and her brother literally made this entire album in their bedroom, it's obviously way different than a big act like Ariana who needs dozens and dozens of writers and various collaborators to put an album together. Billie Joe is a rock guy, he understands making music from one's garage - while he shouldn't necessarily put anyone on the spot, it's not surprising he'd feel that way.

Archived