Billie Joe Armstrong throws shade at Ariana when talking about Billie Eilis

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pachinko
36 minutes ago, Oyster said:

ok some of you acting like “billie joe who” are embarrassing, this guy was huge!

I don't know her

Didymus

Obviously he's only heard Ari's recent singles which explains a lot. Thankfully there's a lot of absolute gems found on Sweetener and TUN that would change his mind but he just hasn't heard them. What he meant was that Billie Eilish is a lot more than your average pop star, whoever that is. He just inserted Ariana Grande because he didn't know better.

And he's right in essence. Billie's pop star status elevates the whole genre in the direction of alternative music. Which also explains why GGD hates her, 'cause they only dig electropop :vegas:

holy scheisse

Ooo because she's edgy and daaark, like how Green day see themselves:ally: Ariana outsings Billie Eilish any day o the week. They have their own strengths 

MelbHawker

That's a little harsh to be honest. You can definitely compare the Billie and Ariana's work.. they're both musical albums after all. They're very different albums, but one isn't less valid than the other. 

ThisGuyTony
24 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Also not people here thinking he’s irrelevant just because YOU don’t know who he is :rip: 

Open your horizons. Not everything is about basic Pop bops for the club. 

Well this is the first headline or news article in which I’ve ever heard his name. 

So yes irrelevant if you have to make headlines by “shading” other artists instead of by your own music. :flop: 

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Well this is the first headline or news article in which I’ve ever heard his name. 

So yes irrelevant if you have to make headlines by “shading” other artists instead of by your own music. :flop: 

Green Day was big in the 00’s so you shouldn’t expect him to make many headlines in 2020. 

This just shows people here aren’t aware of much past female Pop stars.

This isn’t just about you btw. People on this forum don’t seem to be aware of many rappers or basically any genre that isn’t a female Pop star. 

Ally Campana

Anyone else though he was related in some way to Neil Armstrong? The first man on the moon? :ladyhaha:

Does it matter? Damage is done

Fun fact, even Gaga said that her first record she bought was Green Day (Dookie, in case you were wondering; she said it to Howard Stern). :kiss:

6 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Green Day was big in the 00’s so you shouldn’t expect him to make many headlines in 2020. 

This just shows people here aren’t aware of much past female Pop stars.

This isn’t just about you btw. People on this forum don’t seem to be aware of many rappers or basically any genre that isn’t a female Pop star. 

the 90s and 00s*

but yes it’s so cringe that everyone’s saying ‘who’ 

Lady Adga
1 hour ago, Doot said:

Lead singer of Green Day. 

When I read the name I thought it was an astronaut or something like that :cryga:

Lady Adga
7 minutes ago, Ally Campana said:

Anyone else though the was related in some way to Neil Armstrong? The first man on the moon? :ladyhaha:

Me :ladyhaha:

Lord Temptation

Why are Billie’s fans so pretentious? Oh wait nvm, just figured it out :icega:

Archived