Billie Joe Armstrong throws shade at Ariana when talking about Billie Eilis

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George
11 minutes ago, Oyster said:

ok some of you acting like “billie joe who” are embarrassing, this guy was huge!

I’m not acting. I literally never heard his name in my life. I googled and I do know his band but then again I never listened to their music so.... What’s embarrassing here is him saying that.

SpamMusubi

circle GIF

All the billies gathering to take on everyone else in the industry:enigma:

Sushi is my one true passion

I find Billie overrated but what he said is kind of true. You can't really compare an album made by writing camps, shopping for beats, etc to something that was created organically in their bedroom with just 2 people. One is not always better than the other but more often than not the organic album has the edge.

However, he didn't have to mention Ariana by name.

Morphine Prince

Also not people here thinking he’s irrelevant just because YOU don’t know who he is :rip: 

Open your horizons. Not everything is about basic Pop bops for the club. 

1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

Also not people here thinking he’s irrelevant just because YOU don’t know who he is :rip: 

Open your horizons. Not everything is about basic Pop bops for the club. 

To be fair, I'm sure they know who Green Day is, but not everyone knows the lead singer. (At least I hope they do)

CautiousLurker

"It's not even comparable to think about what she does compared to someone like Ariana Grande"

Is it tho? Their work, at least if we're comparing Billie's last album and Sweetener - they're not... THAT vastly different... Both are mainstream pop, have some ballads, have some catchy songs, both talk about mental health... I do think Billie's album is more creative, and props to her and her brother for putting it together, but Ariana's album is perfectly fine... Its also worth pointing out that she excels as a performer which I feel has always been the focus for her...

I feel like all this flack is coming at Ariana because she looks like a mainstream pop girl and Billie isn't that, and her not being all sexy and done up makes her more authentic and 'a real deal' in their eyes - that's just prejudice...

JINNOCIDE

mess with the "who?" argument in 2020 :air:

topic: totally unnecessary

people have to stop putting artists in "levels", there's a lot of different things an artist could do.

what gives if Ariana isn't a producer? she still has pipes (i guess idk i dont understand musical things)

people act like if you dont write sing produce mix stream 3 millions times your own song then you're not worthy at all :interestinga:

STAN RINA SAWAYAMA

CautiousLurker
2 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Only more reason for him to be mindful of what he says - this isn't a good look for anyone in the public eye, regardless of how relevant or talented they are

Poissonche

Ok but why do you have to trash Ariana to tell us that Billie is good? Should I trash Green Day to say I love Nirvana? Feels weird to you? Almost as if you were acting on double standards of pitting women against each other over here. Two women who openly support each other and like each other's stuff.

Archived