💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

Sora in Smash Brothers? Currently a Heartless Endeavor

Seeka

Featured Posts

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/imran-khan-nintendo-wanted-sora-in-smash-bros-and-disney-said-no/amp/

In an atomic bombshell casually dropped by game journalist Imran Khan, revealed Disney Japan vetoed Sora from joining the ever widening cast of Super Smash Brothers Ultimate, and thus any spirits and assist trophies to join alongside. 

While Sora is unlikely to be a part of the second DLC season pass, the creators of SSBU have not asked Disney's main office for permission to use Sora (and other Kingdom Hearts characters), only having asked Japan. If SSBU has a long life on the Switch, he may appear, with Riku and hopefully not Kairi, as a playable character. 

Awakened M

There's just no telling. The fighters for the 2nd pass have already been decided by Nintendo themselves.:enigma:

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

Helxig
25 minutes ago, Seeka said:

and hopefully not Kairi

How dare you

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

i'm still numb about KH3... it was great but... i wanted to explore different places ;-; they just went with the pixar/3D animation niche aside from hercules and pooh

ice heard one side from above

Awakened M
50 minutes ago, ice bear said:

i'm still numb about KH3... it was great but... i wanted to explore different places ;-; they just went with the pixar/3D animation niche aside from hercules and pooh

I was so upset by that!

I also made the mistake of getting the Xbox One version instead of the PS4. So I'll definitely have to start over if the expansion is totally worth it. :enigma:

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

BleepBloop
55 minutes ago, ice bear said:

And Olympus Coliseum was one of the worst parts of the game on top of that

Glittertinks
3 hours ago, Seeka said:

with Riku and hopefully not Kairi,

say what

listen, I know y'all don't like her, but people would still love to see her, especially since she is one of the very few female characters in the game. Also, they can appear as a trio to avoid all drama all together and make everyone happy. Kairi has been sidelined by the game since the beginning and I would rather not encourage creators to continue that.

I think it's a lie:laughga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

4 hours ago, Glittertinks said:

say what

listen, I know y'all don't like her, but people would still love to see her, especially since she is one of the very few female characters in the game. Also, they can appear as a trio to avoid all drama all together and make everyone happy. Kairi has been sidelined by the game since the beginning and I would rather not encourage creators to continue that.

Let me tell you why I hate her. 

She is nothing more than a plot trinket. In the first game, there was a basis for a particularly interesting character. She was tomboyish but still girly. She seemed to be more of a leader than the little sister or the mother. 

Okay so she spends the entire game in a coma. Alright, I'm okay with that. 

But I have not enjoyed her development since the second game. Also, it feels like her relationship with Sora is heavy handed. Like how did this even form? They've spent most of these games apart. Kairi was in a coma for most of one. Then she was seperate from Sora for most of two. I think the break between KH2 and DDDS is at most maybe a few months?

So, realistically, besides the Uber powerful hug of light (and also Japanese standards of affection) and a few heartfelt conversations dotting the series, their relationship is heavily founded upon prepubescent feelings and not much else. 

Yes. I do ship Sora/Riku, but only because it realistically makes sense. 

Also, let's talk about the people related to Kairi. 

Xion, a dual wielding badass just like Roxas who is probably one of the toughest boss fights ever. 

Naminé, a memory witch who has powers to affect the entire universe? Honestly she should have had a bigger role in KH3. It felt like she could've been a secret mastermind. 

Kairi had potential. Square Enix has wasted it and she's probably doomed to not having much of a character besides being Sora's always supportive love interest. 

And if you want female representation, there's plenty of it with much more skilled keyblade wielders. Aqua, Xion, female characters from Union. While Kingdom Hearts is lacking in strong female characters in comparison to male leads, let's not act like Kairi's character is going to evolve into that. She died and had to rely on Sora to save her again. 

Glittertinks
2 hours ago, Seeka said:

Kairi had potential. Square Enix has wasted it and she's probably doomed to not having much of a character besides being Sora's always supportive love interest. 

And if you want female representation, there's plenty of it with much more skilled keyblade wielders. Aqua, Xion, female characters from Union. While Kingdom Hearts is lacking in strong female characters in comparison to male leads, let's not act like Kairi's character is going to evolve into that. She died and had to rely on Sora to save her again. 

As you said, it's SE and Nomura who are screwing her character arc up and I am honestly not playing this game to hate a character just because of that. Kairi could be so much more if some effort would have been put into her characterisation. 

It's also kinda unfair to pit her against the other female characters in the game, just because they can swing keyblades better or have other abilities. I think it's okay if one is more of a girly girl and is more supportive, because women are different. It just wouldn't be a problem if it would have been expanded in the story and narratives in general, Kairi could be one of the most powerful characters if she wouldn't be put in unfortunate situations all the time. Like, her position as a Princess of Light should/could give her some interesting skills, but I am not working on these games so :ohwell:

Archived