Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Megarate: Dolly Parton's Greatest Hits (Part 2)

rumours

Featured Posts

rumours

Hello Everyone :heart:

It's time for Part 2!!

Dolly-Parton-Wallpaper-21.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I know it's been a long while since I have done a Megarate, but Artist Arena (shout out to @Mikolaj) has inspired me to make this megarate.

With a career spanning 6 decades, icon Dolly Parton has a fair number of songs in her discography. In this megarate, I have attempted to narrow it down (which was very stressful ) to 25 tracks which could be considered her "biggest hits". This is Part 2.

Part 1 Results can be found here:

The Tracklist:

Spoiler

1.  Dumb Blonde (1966)

2. The Last Thing on My Mind (w/ Porter Wagoner) (1967)

3. Just Because I'm A Woman  (1968)

4. My Blue Ridge Mountain Boy (1969)

5. Mule Skinner Blues (Blue Yodel No. 8) (1970)

6. Please Don't Stop Loving Me (w/ Porter Wagoner) (1974)

7. The Seeker (1975)

8. We Used To (1975)

9. All I Can Do (1976)

10. I Really Got a Feeling  (1978)

11. Sweet Summer Lovin' (1979)

12. Heartbreak Express (1982)

13. Single Women (1982)

14. Do I Ever Cross Your Mind (1982)

15. Hard Candy Christmas (1982)

16. Everything's Beautiful (In Its Own Way) (1982)

17. Potential New Boyfriend (1983)

18. Save the Last Dance For Me (w/ The Jordanaires) (1983)

19. Don't Call It Love (1985)

20. Real Love (w/ Kenny Rogers) (1985)

21. Those Memories of You (w/ Linda Ronstadt & Emmylou Harris) (1987)

22. Yellow Roses (1989)

23. Silver and Gold (1991)

24. Eagle When She Flies (1991)

25. Romeo (feat. Billy Ray Cyrus, Tanya Tucker, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Kathy Mattea, & Pam Tillis (1993)

In general, here are the Criteria for participating in the Megarate:

1) Re-listen to album

2) Rate each track on a scale of 1-10 and your favorite an 11 (if you'd like). Feel free to add commentary to explain your ratings if you'd like!

3) 0's are not allowed.

4) Feel free to use decimals in the values

5) Please don't participate if you didn't listen to the album or if you hate it without reason. Any ratings that demonstrate this will be erased from the calculations.

6) PM me your ratings (send to @rumours).

If you aren't tagged below, feel free to join in! Moreover, if you know of anyone else who may be interested, feel free to tag them.

Due Date for Ratings: March 13th (this could change)

Date/Time for Ceremony: TBD

2013-3-dolly27.0.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1

How To Listen to the Songs (Spotify Playlist):

People Who Might Be Interested:

Spoiler

@GagaInTheZone @FinnishGypsy @LADYGAGASHOOCK @The Louvre @Oriane @loathereality @PerfectCure @calmar @sethrb101 @andrew23 @KinneyUnderYou @Live4TheARTPOP @That J @maxblac @StarryNight @PerfectGUY @Smother Em Eh @ARTPOPSTER @Modern Ecstacy @highongaga @datlastfam @Punktious @ARPiT @lucca @Sherlock112 @DaftFameMonster @Lonely Lolita @badgirlmeat @lost in limbo@mister max @Kween@blackcoffee @JGD @Jeroen Bloeming@AlexKing4 @PrincessVenus @Blue Madonna @raginchristians  @warholagaga @Marges9 @Trepadation @AlejandroooO @HorusRa2 @Davian @NNES@HosedDownGypsy @TopazBlue @DiamondKing @Lazz Monster @CautiousLurker @Luv u Sum @Jorget @AndrewMac95 @Alex Spade @Oscar Snatcher @Widows Kiss @KatieJudasGaga4 @slayo @Possibly Maybe @WarriorPhoenix @GagaSkeletonWay @TeenIdle @SamanthaC @maxmore @Donna Noble @theadamcreator

@calmar@datlastfam @EvilRegal @MarlonBrando7@warholagaga@The Louvre@Jus @DaftFameMonster @ARPiT @ThaFame @Danny Milk @GovHooker @kihlophix@Punktious @Ronk @SolidSnake@PunkTheFunk @GypsyBabe @KyliesChild @Oriane @GypsyHeartGaga@BBhomemaker @highongaga @kvnrp @Rocketno10 @raginchristians  @TEAWHORE @Jeroen Bloeming @Acsnpdx8 @robbiemalik @tomsches @Captain Templea@memomemome@slayo@that juju @Edge of Fame @fayecuntaway @The Bling@blackcoffee @Kandy life @Aubbie @badgirlmeat @That J @ssslyboy@gabrielflorin01@ryanripley @Noah @TheShameMonster @kihlophix @GaGaSwift @kyanewest @Disco Chapel @Ninten Ann @Chic @ARealWildMan @Widows Kiss @TeenIdle @Pantera @Dutch @Phoebe Buffay @Queen of Venus

@GagaInTheZone @FinnishGypsy @LADYGAGASHOOCK @GypsyBabe @The Louvre @Oriane @loathereality @PerfectCure @calmar @sethrb101 @andrew23 @KinneyUnderYou @Live4TheARTPOP @That J @maxblac @StarryNight @PerfectGUY @Smother Em Eh @ARTPOPSTER @Modern Ecstacy @highongaga @datlastfam @Punktious @ARPiT @lucca @Sherlock112 @DaftFameMonster @teawhore @Lonely Lolita @badgirlmeat @lost in limbo@Gagalderone @mister max @Kween@blackcoffee @JGD @Jeroen Bloeming @radioactive @AlexKing4 @PrincessVenus @Blue Madonna @raginchristians  @warholagaga @Marges9 @Trepadation @AlejandroooO @HorusRa2 @Kimmo @Davian @Lazz Monster @corvus albus @DelusionalGaga @NNES @LaLuna @Maleficent @OG Gaga Stan

@SamanthaC @Gimme More @Blue Madonna @Mirages @Glamourpuss @rumours @DiamondKing @TeenIdle @Davian @Anveeroy @KatieJudasGaga4 @A Hybrid @dllcll @hausofcy @Florian @Nuggets @teawhore @Haus Swiftie @Talenti @AlexTheMonster @Dutch @Glittertinks @lifeasgeorge @Ryusei @Ronk @PerfectCure @DesertWolf @Sherloid Bai @Animal Claws @Lanadelduck @alextruper17 @Varys @Lazz Monster @OG Gaga Stan @HighRoad @Ally Campana @Taylucifer @Smith @Marges

People who Participated in Part 1:

1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Also, if you'd like to be added to a taglist for which I'll send out reminders for the megarate, please comment below. I'll then add you to the formal taglist if you are interested in participating.

If you participated in part 1 and want to participate in part 2, please comment below that you'd like to be on Part 2 Formal Taglist.

Formal Taglist (Part 2):

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours
3 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

I'm in! :party:

2 minutes ago, Davian said:

Yaass! I’m in:pray:

Glad to have y'all back :heart:

I'll add you both to the tag list :kara:

Davian
13 minutes ago, rumours said:

15. Hard Candy Christmas (1982)

Madonna left shaking!:bradley:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

rumours
4 minutes ago, Mirages said:

I'm gonna need a reminder dear, but I am in! :kiss:

3 minutes ago, Ronk said:

oc  I'm in.

Will be sending reminders for sure.

Glad to have you both back :hug:

Chromatica

YAAAAAAASS 

I’m not going to give out 7’s to songs I will never listen to again this time. I won’t have what happened the first time to happen again.:bon:

Mirages
1 minute ago, Ronk said:

oc  I'm in.

This is literally me when you decide to participate in anything I am involved in:

giphy.gif

I'm the bitch that's fragile

rumours
4 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

I’m in! :woot:

3 minutes ago, Lois Griffin said:

YAAAAAAASS 

I’m not going to give out 7’s to songs I will never listen to again this time. I won’t have what happened the first time to happen again.:bon:

Will add you both to the tag list :hug:

And oop Lois is coming for your crown as the song assassin, blue :huntyga:

Archived