💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
brand

Donald Trump Buys Death Note for $10 Trillion Dollars

Seeka

Featured Posts

... in new Death Note one shot, Never Complete. 

https://kotaku.com/donald-trump-buys-the-death-note-for-10-trillion-in-la-1841459964

In the latest return to the Death Note world, Minoru Tanaka auctions off the Death Note, the auction becoming a bidding war between China and America, with it's rulers being expies of their real life counterparts, down to personality. 

This one-shot by the original author of Death Note, is mirroring real life, and how government's would probably react in such a case of omnipotent supernatural powers. 

11 minutes ago, ComeToJoe said:

That one shot was actually a pretty nice read. :golfclap:

I need to read it. Though I have never read any of the manga. Just watched the anime. 

Which is better? The manga or the anime?

1 minute ago, Seeka said:

I need to read it. Though I have never read any of the manga. Just watched the anime. 

Which is better? The manga or the anime?

Honestly both are amazing material. There are very slight changes, but for the most part the anime stays faithful to the manga. (other than lights  death sequence differs) 

I read the manga first and then watched the anime. I think the anime truly brought out the best of it.

The second half of the anime gets a little more in depth in the manga (once they introduce melo and the others) I feel like this part the manga does a MUCH better job in pacing compared to the anime. 

2 minutes ago, ComeToJoe said:

Honestly both are amazing material. There are very slight changes, but for the most part the anime stays faithful to the manga. (other than lights  death sequence differs) 

I read the manga first and then watched the anime. I think the anime truly brought out the best of it.

The second half of the anime gets a little more in depth in the manga (once they introduce melo and the others) I feel like this part the manga does a MUCH better job in pacing compared to the anime. 

That's what I figured. Because Matt is only seen like what, once? Twice? In the entire anime, while he's more of Mello's partner in the manga right?

I wonder why they cut the anime short? I mean, the first season takes the traditional 20-something episodes? While the second season only takes like... 12? 13?

3 minutes ago, Seeka said:

That's what I figured. Because Matt is only seen like what, once? Twice? In the entire anime, while he's more of Mello's partner in the manga right?

I wonder why they cut the anime short? I mean, the first season takes the traditional 20-something episodes? While the second season only takes like... 12? 13?

Yeah there is much more dynamics involved with the entire post L arc. 

And yeah, they took an unconventional route of going straight up to 37 episodes. I guess it worked out for them int he end though, it was a massive hit, plus great success in the western countries. 

Archived