event

Shakira & JLo Halftime Show Rises In Ratings

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

How people still give a damn about these hasbeens is totally beyond me, wow :rip: Am I reliving 2003 or what.

Edit: I'm not talking about their commercial status. Anyone can sell easy-on-the-ear radio bops. I'm talking about artistic momentum.

Regina George
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

How people still give a damn about these hasbeens is totally beyond me, wow :rip: Am I reliving 2003 or what.

hasbeens? those ''hasbeens'' did one of the best SB shows ever and you can stay bitter.. not one artist who is popular today and new to the scene could do what these ladies did..  God.. 

La Rosalia
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Hasbeens lol

Shakira has had waaay more WW hits than Gaga in the last 7 years. Take a sit. 

myusername

That's so few. I was expecting for them to break Gaga's record. 

Maestro play me your symphony I will listen to anything Take me on a trip DJ free my mind

Didymus
1 hour ago, ReginaGeorge said:

hasbeens? those ''hasbeens'' did one of the best SB shows ever and you can stay bitter.. not one artist who is popular today and new to the scene could do what these ladies did..  God.. 

Still not getting what was so good about it :awkney: I really didn't appreciate it. Especially JLO's literal strippers vs. male rappers "concept". Wtf. This is 2020. We need more than women acting "sexy" on stage and getting praised for it. Major ****ing yawn. And shame on anyone for swallowing that kind of entertainment. And yes, I know, there were some cultural undertones slash messages that were really interesting but they got completely lost in the "look at my butt!" ****ery that they vomited all over that stage. Nope, nope. This was not great.

Edit #2 from a post later on, after plenty of posts bashing my opinion:

"I just don't get this place anymore. Madonna's a constant target for "she's too old to act like a stripper, her Holy Water songs are so ****ing embarrassing and try-hard" bashing here (which goes completely unchallenged), I've seen more than 100 comments describing Beyoncé as a performer who "does nothing more than shake her ass" but I'm now saying that JLO and Shakira's performance was uninteresting because they simply tried to be "sexy" and I'm being called a sexist? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone rn.

There's an obvious double standard here and I'm not liking it."

7 minutes ago, _Scheisse said:

Hasbeens lol

Has she? You mean the few Latin pop hits that hardly anyone knows

Didymus
13 minutes ago, _Scheisse said:

Hasbeens lol

So if we're basing this on global basic radio pop hits, you're saying Shakira is a bigger force in the pop music industry than Gaga? :madge: Who believes that?

People will bop to whatever trend hopping music her label will ask her to record but that doesn't mean anyone cares about her. I mean, clearly I was wrong about that since people apparently do care but I'm over it. The last couple of years in pop music have been defined by people who raised the bar to make the genre more interesting, complex and thought-provoking. Shakira lip-syncing and shaking her ass is not a standard I want to return to.

Regina George
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Still not getting what was so good about it :awkney: I really didn't appreciate it. Especially JLO's literal strippers vs. male rappers "concept". Wtf. This is 2020. We need more than women acting "sexy" on stage and getting praised for it. Major ****ing yawn. And shame on anyone for swallowing that kind of entertainment. And yes, I know, there were some cultural undertones slash messages that were really interesting but they got completely lost in the "look at my butt!" ****ery that they vomited all over that stage. Nope, nope. This was not great.

Shaming women for being sexual.. Kinda expected.. Also they danced like there's no tomorrow and gave us an amazing show.. I don't understand where this negativity is coming from? She dances on pole? So what? Try doing it and you'll the the amount of talent it needs to look as perfect as she did.. I honestly thought we left that ''women can't be sexual'' thing in 2000s... 

Regina George
Just now, Rio said:

Those few latin pop hits are actually huge.. Look it up

2 minutes ago, Rio said:

"Chantaje" alone has 2.5 BILLION views on YouTube.

4 minutes ago, Rio said:

surprise surprise, Latin America does exist. Her songs have billions of views each.   

Archived