Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Shakira & JLo Halftime Show Rises In Ratings

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Mister D said:

Gaga hasn't had a HIT here in Latin America since BTW, does that make her less successful? I don't think so.. 

Yup this. "Shallow" didn't even go Top 20 in Japan and South Korea, does that make it not a hit?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus
Just now, Florian said:

Well you just called Shakira and JLo whores... So I Guess they're doing just fine by your definition

I didn't call them wh-res :smh: But it's pretty undeniable that they acted precisely according to a man's fantasy about how a prostitute would behave. To a man. And that's where my whole problem with the performance lies.

When Lil' Kim, Madonna and Gaga included sexuality in their work, it was aggressive. It wasn't seductive, it was expressive. Sending the message "I am a sexual being with sexual desires and I am going to express them". Not "look at how sexy I am, don't you think I look hot?". Again: huge difference.

jaXXXon
1 minute ago, OooooooO said:

Please, beside ASIB, Gaga didn’t have any Europe hits since Applause while Chantaje was platinum everywhere in Europe (diamond in France) hihi. Sit this one out. 

"Everywhere in Europe"? That song wasn't a big hit in the UK, was a complete flop in Norway, Finland, Denmark, Austria, the Netherlands, Czech Republic and so on. If you think the certifications listed are the only countries in Europe then you need to educate yourself.

Gaga had ONE ERA between ARTPOP and ASIB. Sorry she didn't have a gazillion hits. FACT IS Shakira is big in like half of the world while the other half she's irrelevant. Now, it's late, log off. 

Florian
Just now, Admin said:

Yup this. "Shallow" didn't even go Top 20 in Japan and South Korea, does that make it not a hit?

She's so local now :sis:

1 minute ago, jaXXXon said:

"Everywhere in Europe"? That song wasn't a big hit in the UK, was a complete flop in Norway, Finland, Denmark, Austria, the Netherlands, Czech Republic and so on. If you think the certifications listed are the only countries in Europe then you need to educate yourself.

Gaga had ONE ERA between ARTPOP and ASIB. Sorry she didn't have a gazillion hits. FACT IS Shakira is big in like half of the world while the other half she's irrelevant. Now, it's late, log off. 

You can say the same for gaga she isnt doing well in asia and africa and south america thats more then half of the world

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

Also, if we're talking "relevancy" that's not just music, right? She has 62 million followers on Instagram, that's TWICE as many as Gaga. Her photo from TODAY has nearly 5 million likes, which is more than anything Gaga posted EVER.

They blew it out the water. That choreo was EVERYTHING. Hoping this is enough for them to understand that males 👏 do 👏 not 👏 belong on that stage.

Florian
Just now, Admin said:

Also, if we're talking "relevancy" that's not just music, right? She has 62 million followers on Instagram, that's TWICE as many as Gaga. Her photo from TODAY has nearly 5 million likes, which is more than anything Gaga posted EVER.

And Shakira is 30years (!!!) into her career, still getting hits worldwide. It baffles me how you can call them hasbeen.

Beyoncé doesn't even have a quarter of the streams or chart positions. Is she suddenly a nobody ? :toofunny:

Davian
Just now, Didymus said:

You got it all wrong :ladyhaha: Yes, I do take issue with male pop stars getting praised simply for being "cute", sexy or even just attractive. It's disgusting. So wrong there already.

Plus, these artists you mentioned did not just stand on stage and shake their ass and call it a night :rip: They pushed boundaries. They presented themselves as sexual beings, not sexual objects. How you missed that difference in their approach is beyond me. Here's a clue: when a pop star acts sexy and sparks mass controversy and is called a wh-re and a slut, that's when they did something meaningful. When people are applauding them, that means they're echoing the status quo, i.e. acting for the male gaze.

Not YOU of all people calling me out by saying: “how you missed that difference in their approach is beyond me.” 

The artists I mentioned pushed boundaries and felt the need to use their voice to fix this issue. The issue that woman are not allowed to use their sexuality, or only in the way other people want them to use it. It’s their body and they can do whatever they want with it. So if that includes harmless ass-shaking, then that’s okay. Why are we not allowed to applause that? And who are you to say that’s not the correct way of expressing your sexuality?

Gaga and Xtina both tweeted how much they liked the show. They would be embarrassed to see you praise them, but tear Shakira and Jennifer down for acting like a “wh*re”. You obviously missed the whole point of their songs, interviews, speeches etc. 

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

:applause::applause::applause:

Btw, a little complaint: Jlo's entrance is weak she should have started with "On the floor" because Shakira already built the momentum. I'm kinda pissed that they removed "dance tonight away... " part :crossed::crossed:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

jaXXXon
1 minute ago, Admin said:

Likes? Really? Then J.Lo is almost as big as Beyoncé since she has 112 million followers on Instagram. C'mon, man. That's more than Adele, Rihanna, Beyonce and Gaga. That's completely irrelevant in terms of commercial success. 

RenegAde
2 minutes ago, Admin said:

Can we compare twitter followers too ?:ohwell:

jaXXXon
4 minutes ago, Florian said:

And Shakira is 30years (!!!) into her career, still getting hits worldwide. It baffles me how you can call them hasbeen.

Beyoncé doesn't even have a quarter of the streams or chart positions. Is she suddenly a nobody ? :toofunny:

Yet you co-signed a response about social media likes  and followers then go on to talk about Beyoncé who actually has even more than Shakira? What's up with that lol. 

Jennifer Lopez has more followers than Lady Gaga and Rihanna and Shakira has more followers than Adele. Social media literally means sh!t when it comes to commercial success. 

Just now, jaXXXon said:

Likes? Really? Then J.Lo is almost as big as Beyoncé since she has 112 million followers on Instagram. C'mon, man. That's more than Adele, Rihanna, Beyonce and Gaga. That's completely irrelevant in terms of commercial success. 

It is. When you get paid like $1 million to make one Instagram post, likes and followers have everything to do with commercial success.

And JLo is bigger than Beyonce.

RenegAde
Just now, Admin said:

It is. When you get paid like $1 million to make one Instagram post, likes and followers have everything to do with commercial success.

And JLo is bigger than Beyonce.

:teehee: i have to laugh

Archived