đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Shakira & JLo Halftime Show Rises In Ratings

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

jaXXXon
1 minute ago, HighRoad said:

And.... what has that got to do with making it not as successful as it was. Not being rude or anything but just because that’s the most popular method of musical consumption in Latin America doesn’t discredit its success.

No but you cannot compare ______ (insert artist's name) views to Shakira's YouTube views because it's incomparable. 

What we CAN compare however is chart positions, album sales and certifications. Shakira isn't relevant in A LOT of European countries, Japan, Australia, Canada and the US. She IS still very big in Latin America, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal and the Middle East. But to call her the "biggest WW superstar" in the world when others reach ALL OF THOSE MARKETS and she only reaches 50 percent of that isn't accurate. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davian

The fact we still need to have this discussion:rip: I’m sure the complainers wouldn’t complain if a man acted sexual. Just like Adam didn’t get backlash, but mostly praise for being shirtless on the Super Bowl stage. The same stage where Janet Jackson got banned from everything, because her nipple was shown mostly by the fault of a man.

We’ve had this talk for years. How many times did Gaga tried to talk about this subject? How many times did other female artists tried to educate everyone on this matter, like Madonna with Erotica and Xtina and Lil Kim in Can’t Hold Us Down? It came out almost 20 years ago and we still have a long way to go, I see. 

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

gagaxsebert
Just now, jaXXXon said:

. But to call her the "biggest WW superstar" in the world when others reach ALL OF THOSE MARKETS and she only reaches 50 percent of that isn't accurate. 

Oh ok I get what ur saying. But she was huge WW previously just like any other artist that reaches their peak and falls but Shakira has still remained successful in many parts of the world 

Used to be HighRoad

RenegAde
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

How people still give a damn about these hasbeens is totally beyond me, wow :rip: Am I reliving 2003 or what.

Edit: I'm not talking about their commercial status. Anyone can sell easy-on-the-ear radio bops. I'm talking about artistic momentum.

Edit #2 from a post later on:

"I just don't get this place anymore. Madonna's a constant target for "she's too old to act like a stripper, her Holy Water songs are so ****ing embarrassing and try-hard" bashing here (which goes completely unchallenged), I've seen more than 100 comments describing Beyoncé as a performer who "does nothing more than shake her ass" but I'm now saying that JLO and Shakira's performance was uninteresting because they simply tried to be "sexy" and I'm being called a sexist? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone rn.

There's an obvious double standard here and I'm not liking it."

Take a sit ma'am

TWICE on hatius
11 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

How is she the biggest WW superstar LMFAO? Just because she's big in Latin America doesn't mean she's big everywhere else. I live in Europe, in a non-English speaking country and am originally from another non-English speaking country and I know for a FACT that she's totally irrelevant here and there. Her last legit WW hit was Waka Waka. 

Please, beside ASIB, Gaga didn’t have any Europe hits since Applause while Chantaje was platinum everywhere in Europe (diamond in France) hihi. Sit this one out. 

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

jaXXXon
7 minutes ago, Admin said:

Just because she isn't big in Scandinavia doesn't mean she isn't big everywhere else.

"Loca", "Can't Remember to Forget You", "Dare", "La Bicicleta", "Chantaje" were all big hits.

Just because she's big in Latin America and the Middle East doesn't mean she's big everywhere else. See what I did there?

Shakira is big in Latin America, the Middle East and half of Europe (Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal)

Shakira is a flop in the US, Australia, Japan and the other half of Europe (The UK, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, France, Austria). 

gagaxsebert

Can we all just calm down now and get back to the OP on how successful their HT show was 

1 hour ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Ended the Art Police. :applause:

Used to be HighRoad

Didymus
2 minutes ago, Davian said:

The fact we still need to have this discussion:rip: I’m sure the complainers wouldn’t complain if a man acted sexual. Just like Adam didn’t get backlash, but mostly praise for being shirtless on the Super Bowl stage. The same stage where Janet Jackson got banned from everything, because her nipple was shown mostly by the fault of a man.

We’ve had this talk for years. How many times did Gaga tried to talk about this subject? How many times did other female artists tried to educate everyone on this matter, like Madonna with Erotica and Xtina and Lil Kim in Can’t Hold Us Down? It came out almost 20 years ago and we still have a long way to go, I see.

You got it all wrong :ladyhaha: Yes, I do take issue with male pop stars getting praised simply for being "cute", sexy or even just attractive. It's disgusting. So wrong there already.

Plus, these artists you mentioned did not just stand on stage and shake their ass and call it a night :rip: They pushed boundaries. They presented themselves as sexual beings, not sexual objects. How you missed that difference in their approach is beyond me. Here's a clue: when a pop star acts sexy and sparks mass controversy and is called a wh-re and a slut, that's when they did something meaningful. When people are applauding them, that means they're echoing the status quo, i.e. acting for the male gaze.

Florian
1 minute ago, jaXXXon said:

Just because she's big in Latin America and the Middle East doesn't mean she's big everywhere else. See what I did there?

Shakira is big in Latin America, the Middle East and half of Europe (Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal)

Shakira is a flop in the US, Australia, Japan and the other half of Europe (The UK, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, France, Austria). 

Shakira is not a flop in France :toofunny:

She's everywhere on the radio when she releases and her longevity is real. Maybe she's not getting high on chart first week like some artist but she's listened for litteral MONTHS

Monsieur D

I didn't knew that 2 billions VIEWS are less important, just because they come from Latin America... good to know :oprah:

Gaga hasn't had a HIT here in Latin America since BTW, does that make her less successful? I don't think so.. 

I LOVE GGD
10 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

Yes and who said they don't deserve being there? They both did an amazing job but the discussion is about their current relevance. 

Ratings went up. It must mean people were actually interested. ❤

Florian
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

You got it all wrong :ladyhaha: Yes, I do take issue with male pop stars getting praised simply for being "cute", sexy or even just attractive. It's disgusting. So wrong there already.

Plus, these artists you mentioned did not just stand on stage and shake their ass and call it a night :rip: They pushed boundaries. They presented themselves as sexual beings, not sexual objects. How you missed that difference in their approach is beyond me. Here's a clue: when a pop star acts sexy and sparks mass controversy and is called a wh-re and a slut, that's when they did something meaningful. When people are applauding them, that means they're echoing the status quo, i.e. acting for the male gaze.

Well you just called Shakira and JLo whores... So I Guess they're doing just fine by your definition

RenegAde
4 minutes ago, OooooooO said:

Please, beside ASIB, Gaga didn’t have any Europe hits since Applause while Chantaje was platinum everywhere in Europe (diamond in France) hihi. Sit this one out. 

.i get your point and i actaully support you. people are really brave to call shakira and jlo has beens  but Gaga simply has shakira  and jlo beat when it comes to star power and success.lets be honest 

Serial Chiller

lol that user is one of the most tryhard edgelords in this forum. They also hate enigma and SL apparently. Poor sod can’t enjoy things with the huge stick up their ass. 

3 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

You really need to stop looking at chart peaks on Wikipedia.

"Chantaje" was huge in Russia which has 140 million people and it's not even listed there.

Either way, who cares where views come from? When a song has 2.5 billion streams on YouTube, 600 million on Spotify, and god knows how many on Apple Music, who cares where they came from?

Archived