💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Shakira & JLo Halftime Show Rises In Ratings

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Thats stupid Luv
59 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

hasbeens? those ''hasbeens'' did one of the best SB shows ever and you can stay bitter.. not one artist who is popular today and new to the scene could do what these ladies did..  God.. 

This is the tea! This show is one of the most viral, well received and most talked about half times ever in only a day and anyone saying differently is just salty 🙃

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

That's because YouTube is the main way people consume music in Latin America. If the same applied for Gaga, Shallow would've had 3 BILLION at this point.

I live in Europe and Chantaje wasn't a huge hit, especially in Scandinavia where no one knows wtf that is. Her last big hit was Waka Waka, she's been irrelevant here since. Some European countries did bop a bit more to her latin singles in the past decade but those are like, what? Two songs all in all? 

She's an icon, she's very talented but she ain't exactly super relevant. Gaga is waaaaaaay more relevant globally. 

Chantaje has 600 million streams on Spotify. She has the same amount of monthly listeners as Gaga.  And twice as many followers on Instagram. Give it up.

jaXXXon
1 minute ago, OooooooO said:

Not y’all discredit the biggest WW superstar who is multitalented. At least, Shakira can still move her hips in all 4 directions, which I know many of you, or all of you wish Gaga still does hihi. No Shakira slanders on my watch.

How is she the biggest WW superstar LMFAO? Just because she's big in Latin America doesn't mean she's big everywhere else. I live in Europe, in a non-English speaking country and am originally from another non-English speaking country and I know for a FACT that she's totally irrelevant here and there. Her last legit WW hit was Waka Waka. 

Antichrist
4 minutes ago, OooooooO said:

Not y’all discredit the biggest WW superstar who is multitalented. At least, Shakira can still move her hips in all 4 directions, which I know many of you, or all of you wish Gaga still does hihi. No Shakira slanders on my watch.

Edit: I regretted with the hips comment. But we really don’t want be in arguments with Shakira’s stans right now.

i lost my **** here :ladyhaha:

Didymus
Just now, Varys said:

You dissapoint me @Didymus :wtf:

Be careful before  you become a bitter boomer :lana:

I'm so sorry for challenging heteronormative mass entertainment.

3 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

How is she the biggest WW superstar LMFAO? Just because she's big in Latin America doesn't mean she's big everywhere else. I live in Europe, in a non-English speaking country and am originally from another non-English speaking country and I know for a FACT that she's totally irrelevant here and there. Her last legit WW hit was Waka Waka. 

Just because she isn't big in Scandinavia doesn't mean she isn't big everywhere else.

"Loca", "Can't Remember to Forget You", "Dare", "La Bicicleta", "Chantaje" were all big hits.

1 minute ago, Didymus said:

I'm so sorry for challenging heteronormative mass entertainment.

Its not that deep hunny :bon:

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

I LOVE GGD
6 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

That's because YouTube is the main way people consume music in Latin America. If the same applied for Gaga, Shallow would've had 3 BILLION at this point.

I live in Europe and Chantaje wasn't a huge hit, especially in Scandinavia where no one knows wtf that is. Her last big hit was Waka Waka, she's been irrelevant here since. Some European countries did bop a bit more to her latin singles in the past decade but those are like, what? Two songs all in all? 

She's an icon, she's very talented but she ain't exactly super relevant. Gaga is waaaaaaay more relevant globally. 

First of all the show took place in Miami were the majority of people are Latinos.

Second the show takes place in the USA not Europe.

Third their careers might not be boiling hot but they have well established names in North America and the world knows them.

jaXXXon
Just now, Admin said:

Chantaje has 600 million streams on Spotify. She has the same amount of monthly listeners as Gaga.  And twice as many followers on Instagram than Gaga. Give it up.

You give it up. Those streams come from Latin America. I don't know where you live but I'm from Europe and in the UK, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Poland, Austria and some other European countries that song flopped. Not to mention it flopped in Australia, Japan and the US as well. 

That song smashed hard in Latin American countries, some German-speaking countries and Bulgaria and Spain. Hardly a WW smash. 

Just friend Wikipedia or something lol. 

gagaxsebert
8 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

That's because YouTube is the main way people consume music in Latin America.

And.... what has that got to do with making it not as successful as it was. Not being rude or anything but just because that’s the most popular method of musical consumption in Latin America doesn’t discredit its success.

Used to be HighRoad

Didymus
2 minutes ago, Varys said:

Its not that deep hunny :bon:

It is :rip: That's exactly the problem. It's "normal" for a grown woman to think a great show contains a rapper (who didn't even need to be there) to check out her butt and touch it. 'cause... why? When you think about it a little longer it's actually disturbing. Because there's no irony.

There's no such thing as women "just" acting sexy, aka what a straight man thinks of as seductive. This is a complicated and tricky subject, like it or not. I'm not asking everyone to understand that but I definitely didn't expect people confusing my criticism for sexism :air: If that's how it is around here, I'm out.

jaXXXon
1 minute ago, mgmpochhit said:

First of all the show took place in Miami were the majority of people are Latinos.

Second the show takes place in the USA not Europe.

Third their careers might not be boiling hot but they have well established names in North America and the world knows them.

Yes and who said they don't deserve being there? They both did an amazing job but the discussion is about their current relevance. 

gagaxsebert
Just now, jaXXXon said:

Yes and who said they don't deserve being there? They both did an amazing job but the discussion is about their current relevance. 

I thought the OP was about a rise in ratings tho :oprah:

Used to be HighRoad

2 minutes ago, jaXXXon said:

You give it up. Those streams come from Latin America. I don't know where you live but I'm from Europe and in the UK, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Poland, Austria and some other European countries that song flopped. Not to mention it flopped in Australia, Japan and the US as well. 

That song smashed hard in Latin American countries, some German-speaking countries and Bulgaria and Spain. Hardly a WW smash. 

Just friend Wikipedia or something lol. 

But you said people consume music through YouTube in Latin America? Now the Spotify streams are also from Latin America?

Wikipedia chart peaks is not a good way of measuring success. "Toxic" couldn't even crack the Top 5, yet look at the numbers it's doing in 2020 still.

Archived