💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Shakira & JLo Halftime Show Rises In Ratings

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

I LOVE GGD
3 minutes ago, Didymus said:

So what, suddenly we all think Gaga is nothing more than a girl on stage shaking her ass? I can't believe some of the comments I'm seeing here. What Gaga is doing as a pop star, as a celebrity, couldn't be more different than what Shakira and JLO were doing :rip: Lady Gaga, as an act, has never been about benig "regular sexy". She's doing something far more interesting and thank GOD she is.

What is wrong with women being sexy and putting a great show at the same time? Women can't do sexy and have a great show at the same time? Get over your retrograde ideas.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus
1 minute ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Oh nooooo.. Billie DECIDED to wear those clothes, no one's forcing her to.. If she wants she can wear them.

You honestly don't see the problem with you calling them whores over and over again? IF THEY WANT TO SHOW THEIR BODY AND TO DANCE ON POLES THEY CAN AND SHOULD - WOMEN CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT TO.

What the hell is not clicking????? 

I'm sorry to tag you here but something needs to be done about this  @Admin

Because I'm not calling them wh-res what the hell :wtf: You yourself said you could act like a wh-re if you wanted to. I'm saying the same. I'm all for wh-ring out for fun. What's wrong with that? You yourself claim there's nothing wrong with that.

But when there's nothing more to a show, then I think that's a problem. Don't twist this into me calling Shakira and JLO wh-res... That's not at all what I'm saying.

Musicisfreedom

Yikes at some of these comments. Women can do what they want with their bodies PERIOD. And they don't owe us any explanation as to why, or what message they are trying to send. Get over youself smh

Bitch I'm Madonna

Didymus
Just now, mgmpochhit said:

What is wrong with women being sexy and putting a great show at the same time? Women can't do sexy and have a great show at the same time? Get over your retrograde ideas.

There's nothing wrong with it. It's just tired. I personally just don't get why we're still LIVING for women acting sexy on a stage. But apparently the cheese stands alone.

2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

So what, suddenly we all think Gaga is nothing more than a girl on stage shaking her ass?

No, we don't think that. Gaga isn't that, but neither are Shakira or JLo.

2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

What Gaga is doing as a pop star, as a celebrity, couldn't be more different than what Shakira and JLO were doing :rip: 

Yeah, they are different but Gaga isn't more of an artist than JLo or Shakira, especially not Shakira.

Also, Gaga is still a newcomer compared to Shakira, whose first album came 30 (THIRTY!) years ago, self-written at 13 (THIRTEEN) years of age.

Oh god, this is so unnecessary and embarrassing. This is entertainment, not high art. Just because something isn’t some high concept show doesn’t mean it doesn’t deserve praise. As if Gaga’s never just gotten on a stage and practically had sex with her dancers....

Everyone at my office was talking about how entertaining it was and this was coming from mostly middle aged white men lol 

30 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

he’s just looking for attention guys ignore him. 

Always the same user, always the same attention seeking, snarky comment. :toofunny:

Didymus
4 minutes ago, Admin said:

Yes it is. Nothing is more feminist that cheering on a woman.

Except not every female celebrity gets cheered on. Apparently the ones who alter their face to look unnaturally Instagram filter pretty or look in the camera like they're seducing a man get that "we'll cheer you on" pass so much more easily. I don't think that's right.

6 minutes ago, Admin said:

They can objectify themselves if they want to. Not allowing women to objectify themselves because you don't think it's feminist is actually very anti-feminist.

I don't have any authority though... If that's what they want to do then that's what they should do. I never said they couldn't do that. I don't get why anyone is pretending that I said they did something wrong here or that women shouldn't be allowed to do a show like this. Of course they are. I just think that over the last couple of years we have seen far more interesting shows and that we can expect a bit more from performers than to simply act sexy on a stage. I don't get why that is so shocking for so many of you.

Gaga herself has been making fun of that whole "pretty pop star acting seductive on stage" shtick for years. Apparently it didn't click for most of y'all.

I LOVE GGD
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

There's nothing wrong with it. It's just tired. I personally just don't get why we're still LIVING for women acting sexy on a stage. But apparently the cheese stands alone.

I'm sorry but women and men should be allowed to do what they please with their art, body and sexuality. If they wanted to be sexy it doesn't mean their show was less spectacular because it was an awesome show. Besides these two female artists are not in their 20s, 30s, they're grown women and they have the right to do whatever the F they want. Telling women how they should behave or act is so dated.

Didymus
Just now, mgmpochhit said:

I'm sorry but women and men should be allowed to do what they please with their art, body and sexuality. If they wanted to be sexy it doesn't mean their show was less spectacular because it was an awesome show. Besides these two female artists are not in their 20s, 30s, they're grown women and they have the right to do whatever the F they want. Telling women how they should behave or act is so dated.

I'm not telling them ****. I'm just saying I didn't like the show and stating my reasons why. I'm not attacking them in the slightest, I'm talking only about the show. You guys are just being way too sensitive about this (I probably worded it too dramatically too, ngl). It's just my irrelevant ass opinion, which I do have the right, coincidentally, to share, just like Shakira and JLO have the awesome right to perform whatever show they want to perform. How is telling me I need to get over my "retrograde ideas" any different from me metaphorically telling Shakira and JLO they need to get over their own outdated ideas about how to put on an entertaining show?

Thomas P
41 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Still not getting what was so good about it :awkney: I really didn't appreciate it. Especially JLO's literal strippers vs. male rappers "concept". Wtf. This is 2020. We need more than women acting "sexy" on stage and getting praised for it. Major ****ing yawn. And shame on anyone for swallowing that kind of entertainment. And yes, I know, there were some cultural undertones slash messages that were really interesting but they got completely lost in the "look at my butt!" ****ery that they vomited all over that stage. Nope, nope. This was not great.

giphy.gif

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Ugh I always knew Shakira was an untouchable legend, but now that I've gone through her Wikipedia to respond to Didy, I'm even more impressed.

Her first album came out when she was 13 years old, most of the songs are self-written without any other songwriters. Second album at 15. Third album at 17, this time ALL tracks written by Shakira. Fourth album at just 20 and nominated for a Grammy.

Speaks 5 languages, IQ level of a genius, one of the best-selling artists of all time, started a charity foundation that's been active for 25 years, brilliant singer, professionally-trained dancer.

The AUDACITY to say anything negative about her.

Didymus
1 minute ago, Admin said:

Ugh I always knew Shakira was an untouchable legend, but now that I've gone through her Wikipedia to respond to Didy, I'm even more impressed.

Her first album came out when she was 13 years old, most of the songs are self-written without any other songwriters. Second album at 15. Third album at 17, this time ALL tracks written by Shakira. Fourth album at just 20 and nominated for a Grammy.

Speaks 5 languages, IQ level of a genius, one of the best-selling artists of all time, started a charity foundation that's been active for 25 years, brilliant singer, professionally-trained dancer.

The AUDACITY to say anything negative about her.

So now I'm banned from speaking my honest opinion because she's had success? Ok then.

eksistents

It was a great show. J-Lo really blows me away everytime she performs. I mean, that was some Cirque du Soleil s--t on that pole. And she looks stunning as always, people would kill to look like that when they reach 50. They both looked great. But overall I feel like J-Lo overshadowed Shakira a bit. :ohwell:

jennifer lopez group GIF by American Idol

Archived