Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Meghan Trainor Feat. Nicki Minaj - Nice to Meet Ya

DiamondKing

Featured Posts

messybottom

The album is so good ugh why is the GP giving up on her? Also, she’s so talented and kind :crossed:

Bradley

She's a great singer, she writes great songs (sometimes) but for some reason I just can't align her with the main pop girls (Gaga, Katy, Swift, Rihanna, etc.)

I feel like the reason is because though she writes bops, her music is still largely generic and catered to the radios. Also her fashion sense is mostly based on comedic colours (pastel colours, yellow, pink, white). She's not exactly a pop star that invests in fashion.

I dk I feel like her videos seem either like comedies or parodies. You could see the stark contrast between Nicki and Meghan, Nicki knows fashion and is bold in her expression. I can't say the same about Trainor.

BornAsUnic0rn
5 hours ago, Bradley said:

She's a great singer, she writes great songs (sometimes) but for some reason I just can't align her with the main pop girls (Gaga, Katy, Swift, Rihanna, etc.)

I feel like the reason is because though she writes bops, her music is still largely generic and catered to the radios. Also her fashion sense is mostly based on comedic colours (pastel colours, yellow, pink, white). She's not exactly a pop star that invests in fashion.

I dk I feel like her videos seem either like comedies or parodies. You could see the stark contrast between Nicki and Meghan, Nicki knows fashion and is bold in her expression. I can't say the same about Trainor.

Well, Meghan tried a more serious direction both musically and aesthetically with wave and it’s probably my fave single era by her, but it did not work out. And I can’t help but feel like it’s because of size-ism, sadly. Because most “bigger” females go into the comedic direction, with Adele being the only exception. But Adele is just a league of her own, normal rules don’t apply to the phenomenon that is her.  

7 hours ago, messybottom said:

The album is so good ugh why is the GP giving up on her? Also, she’s so talented and kind :crossed:

The video is #1 on YouTube US and #2 in Canada, maybe it can do something they're sending the song to US radios next week. 

Craven Moorecox
8 hours ago, Am I A Girl said:

The album is really good! She doesn’t deserve all the hate :/

yes she does

rasclautmangos

Nicki's verse is FIRE. I don't like the editing on Meghan's voice or the way the song was sang. 

40 minutes ago, OBEY said:

The video is #1 on YouTube US and #2 in Canada, maybe it can do something they're sending the song to US radios next week. 

Didn't expect to say this but seems like a possible moderate hit. It's catchy.

Bradley
4 hours ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

Well, Meghan tried a more serious direction both musically and aesthetically with wave and it’s probably my fave single era by her, but it did not work out. And I can’t help but feel like it’s because of size-ism, sadly. Because most “bigger” females go into the comedic direction, with Adele being the only exception. But Adele is just a league of her own, normal rules don’t apply to the phenomenon that is her.  

I have noticed that as well, even Lizzo is pretty comedic in her performances. I'm still waiting for a 'bigger' artist to take on the serious route and serve fashion the way Gaga, Nicki, Rihanna and Katy do.

Archived