Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Selena Gomez on Justin Bieber: "I Was Victim Of Emotional Abuse"

Featured Posts

selena-gomez-attends-the-opening-ceremon

Selena Gomez has claimed that she experienced emotional abuse during her former relationship with Justin Bieber.

Speaking in a candid new interview, Gomez opened up about her latest single “Lose You to Love Me”, which was written about her famous ex boyfriend.

The pair were first linked publicly in 2011 and dated on and off until their final split in 2018. Bieber went on to marry Hailey Baldwin last year.

Gomez explained to National Public Radio: “I felt I didn’t get a respectful closure and I had accepted that, but I know I needed some way to just say a few things that I wish I had said… It was very difficult and I’m happy it’s over.”

The singer, who is now 27, referred to herself as a "victim to certain abuse" when discussing the relationship and the impact that it had on her.

singers-justin-bieber-and-selena-gomez-p

"It’s dangerous to stay in a victim mentality," she said. "And I’m not being disrespectful, I do feel I was a victim to certain abuse.”

The interviewer then asked, “You mean emotional abuse?”

Gomez responded: “Yes, and I think that it’s something that I had to find a way to understand it as an adult. And I had to understand the choices I was making.”

“As much as I definitely don’t want to spend the rest of my life talking about this, I am really proud that I can say I feel the strongest I’ve ever felt and I’ve found a way to just walk through it with as much grace as possible.”

Bieber himself has previously acknowledged his past behaviour. In a lengthy Instagram post shared in September 2019, he wrote:

"I started doing pretty heavy drugs at 19 and abused all of my relationships. I became resentful, disrespectful to women and angry. I became distant to everyone who loved me and I was hiding behind a shell of a person I'd become. I felt like I could never turn it around. It's taken me years to bounce back from all of those terrible decisions, fix broken relationships and change relationship habits."

source: https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/celebrities/news/a30685409/selena-gomez-emotionally-abused-by-justin-bieber/

ryhanna

Bieber really seems like such a damaged person. Which is any wonder, considering his life and the amount of **** he dealt with as a child. I'm not making excuses, but I think what we know about his life coupled with what Selena's said just shows how fame has damaged not just himself but the people around him. I wonder if he's even capable of maintaining positive relationships long term anymore. 

I also feel really bad for Selena. She seems like a genuinely nice person and at some point clearly cared about him a lot, and she did not deserve to be treated poorly. Glad she's out of a relationship that evidently had a lot of toxicity to it, and hopefully she can find true happiness with someone who treats her well.

The Enigmatic

Both of them were toxic. I remember seeing clips of Selena abusing Justin

I am having my ARTPOP moment

BleepBloop
3 minutes ago, The Enigmatic said:

Both of them were toxic. I remember seeing clips of Selena abusing Justin

What was she doing to him in the videos?:cryga:

I was today years old when I learned that being a child star makes you abuse women.

Im tired of that excuse tbh...

I just saw this whole thread about how Selena was toxic in their relationship lol soo I think they've both hurt each other

PoetsTryinWrite

Good to see they're both growing and changing. Ok, he emotionally abused her, but he was never a bad person trying to be a good person. He was a sick person trying to get well.

Defend Your Humanity.

11 minutes ago, Adakam said:

I was today years old when I learned that being a child star makes you abuse women.

Im tired of that excuse tbh...

At 15, he was one of the, if not the most hated person on this planet, for literally no Reason, he was just a guy who loved to make music

His disgusting and full of excuses I really have no sympathy for woman abusers.

People thinking he changed? Look how he treats his 'wife'. Couldn't imagine what happens behind closed doors.

Biggest Bitch

I'm so tired of their story. She keeps saying that she doesn't like talking about Justin... She keeps saying that she moved on. 

Girl than stop talking and writing songs about him.  I know she just released a new album and singles and she needs more #1, but she's so annoying. :saladga: 

Adrenaliner
1 minute ago, andrew23 said:

I'm so tired of their story. She keeps saying that she doesn't like talking about Justin... She keeps saying that she moved on. 

Girl than stop talking and writing songs about him.  I know she just released a new album and singles and she needs more #1, but she's so annoying. :saladga: 

Why is she not allowed to write things about her life? :triggered:

Isn't that kinda the purpose of writing music?

The Enigmatic
44 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

What was she doing to him in the videos?:cryga:

I am having my ARTPOP moment

LIKELADYAGAGA
49 minutes ago, andrew23 said:

it is her first body of work that she has released since their final break up in 2018. she is allowed to write about the biggest event that happened to her.  and she isn't talking about him unless she is asked about him. imagine how annoying that would be.

LIKELADYAGAGA
33 minutes ago, The Enigmatic said:

those honestly all look like complete reaches other than her hitting him which you can't even see. she could have flicked him in the ear for all we know.

Archived