Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga ended Linda Perry at the Grammys

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, ANTI WP said:

I don't know the back story can you please tell me what happened btw then ? 

Linda Perry has apologized for alleging that Lady Gaga's Oscar nomination, for the song "Til It Happens to You" from the doc The Hunting Ground, is bogus.

After sending a series of tweets making the accusation early Monday morning, the singer-songwriter clarified the allegation later in the day. "My sincere apologies. I made a mistake to comment. I wasn't in the room when the #TIHTY was being written. More importantly, I wish the focus to remain on the great importance of the song and the message of the film," she wrote.

Perry, whose song "Hands of Love," from the film Freeheld, was not Oscar-nominated by the Academy's music branch last week, insinuated that Gaga did not contribute to the writing of "Til It Happens to You," but only performed it, which would mean she should not have been eligible for the Oscar, according to Academy rules.

Perry's tweets combined to read: "I have Diane's original demo with her singing. The only line that has been changed [is] 'Till you're at the end, the end of your rope' originally was 'Til you got a hole ripped in your soul.' So I guess technically one line was changed so sure Gaga possibly 'rewrote' a line. But chances are Diane still took part in rewriting that line which means Gaga contributed a few words. Is that writing. Not in my book."

She continued, "I love Gaga so much respect and love this song that has nothing to do with anything. Why did Gaga get credit? Maybe because Diane wanted to ensure her support in promoting the song. Gaga is a very smart business women she knew a song written by Diane Warren Would be up for an Oscar. And you know it's hard getting music out there and heard. Especially a song from a documentary, so Diane knew If she gave Gaga writing credit it would ensure the support this song needed and deserved. And Gaga knows her power. I'm not putting anyone Or anything down. I'm stating the truth. I credit Diane for writing this song, it is her experience her pain her words. That's it kids."

RAMROD

That is what she deserves :triggered:

Gaga have been kind enough to sing that person's one hit wonder song on her tour, and that was how she repaid her. :triggered:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Even if what she originally said was true, Gaga still won grammys and an Oscar. Talent keeps winning we love to see it :vegas:

Kindness rules all.

6 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

that person's one hit wonder song

Drag Linda but don't disrespect What's Up :bradley:

Borisapillar

Gaga won her Oscar for A Star is Born, fair and square.

Everything worked out in the end but I’ll never trust this woman again. Just like Grace Jones, Boy George and Madonna. I’m suspicious of anyone who comes for Gaga, the kindest and most talented person in show business.

15 minutes ago, ANTI WP said:

I don't know the back story can you please tell me what happened btw then ? 

Gags was trying to win an Oscar with Til It Happens To You. A week before voting time, Linda came out to say that Gaga barely even wrote the song, implying that she didn't deserve to win an Oscar for it.

Daylight Jokers
13 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Linda Perry has apologized for alleging that Lady Gaga's Oscar nomination, for the song "Til It Happens to You" from the doc The Hunting Ground, is bogus.

After sending a series of tweets making the accusation early Monday morning, the singer-songwriter clarified the allegation later in the day. "My sincere apologies. I made a mistake to comment. I wasn't in the room when the #TIHTY was being written. More importantly, I wish the focus to remain on the great importance of the song and the message of the film," she wrote.

Perry, whose song "Hands of Love," from the film Freeheld, was not Oscar-nominated by the Academy's music branch last week, insinuated that Gaga did not contribute to the writing of "Til It Happens to You," but only performed it, which would mean she should not have been eligible for the Oscar, according to Academy rules.

Perry's tweets combined to read: "I have Diane's original demo with her singing. The only line that has been changed [is] 'Till you're at the end, the end of your rope' originally was 'Til you got a hole ripped in your soul.' So I guess technically one line was changed so sure Gaga possibly 'rewrote' a line. But chances are Diane still took part in rewriting that line which means Gaga contributed a few words. Is that writing. Not in my book."

She continued, "I love Gaga so much respect and love this song that has nothing to do with anything. Why did Gaga get credit? Maybe because Diane wanted to ensure her support in promoting the song. Gaga is a very smart business women she knew a song written by Diane Warren Would be up for an Oscar. And you know it's hard getting music out there and heard. Especially a song from a documentary, so Diane knew If she gave Gaga writing credit it would ensure the support this song needed and deserved. And Gaga knows her power. I'm not putting anyone Or anything down. I'm stating the truth. I credit Diane for writing this song, it is her experience her pain her words. That's it kids."

Sounded like she was bitter because she wasn't nominated and took her anger out towards Gaga. The fact that Gaga respects her a lot and even covered one of her songs and she did this. Wow.

RAMROD
5 minutes ago, Red said:

Drag Linda but don't disrespect What's Up :bradley:

It isn't a drag. But a fact. Linda, or more like, her bands, 4 Non Blondes, only hit song, they don't have another hit after this one. And the song are always mentioned in one hit wonder list. :ohwell:

For example this one

https://www.insider.com/best-one-hit-wonders-2018-5#baby-got-back-by-sir-mix-a-lot-1992-31

1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

It isn't a drag. But a fact. Linda, or more like, her bands, 4 Non Blondes, only hit song, they don't have another hit after this one. And the song are always mentioned in one hit wonder list. :ohwell:

For example this one

https://www.insider.com/best-one-hit-wonders-2018-5#baby-got-back-by-sir-mix-a-lot-1992-31

But RAMROD that song is legendary :bradley:

RAMROD
Just now, Red said:

But RAMROD that song is legendary :bradley:

I know. But still..., it is in the same box with Macarena, which is also legendary Summer beats :enigma:

Archived