💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Stupid Love + MV out on Feb 7th!

Hurem

Featured Posts

Chromaticunt
1 minute ago, KarmaPolice said:

I don't get why we shouldn't be allowed to have a critical opinion about a song. Every damn time! Look, I like some part of SL but as a whole I find it underwhelming for a comeback. Let's not talk about "Oooh"s or "Ahhh"s... we know that a good refrain should contain some struttering or simple vocalisation. For a song that follows Joanne the album or Shallow I find it way too simple (musically and lyrically wise). 

I dance to SL when it comes out on my player? Sure.

Do I like it from an artistic point of view? Not so much.

It's a dance song. It's not supposed to make you think and feel anything except wanting to dance. :kiss:

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TEANUS

Idk why anyone would be scared about Stupid Love being the lead :rip:

This is exactly what we’ve wanted from Gaga: dance-pop on par with her older stuff while making an example of how much she’s grown vocally and maturity-wise. AND not to mention that NOT A SINGLE person I’ve played it for didn’t REALLY like it. Comments like:

”omg wait as soon as it comes on I wanna go for a run”

”wait this is the sh*t”

”omg this is really good, I actually like it a lot”

”it’s extremely catchy”

the most “negative” comment was “unlike a lot of her other stuff (:rip:) I wouldn’t turn it off because I did enjoy it” 

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

SEXODUS
Just now, KarmaPolice said:

I don't get why we shouldn't be allowed to have a critical opinion about a song. Every damn time! Look, I like some part of SL but as a whole I find it underwhelming for a comeback. Let's not talk about "Oooh"s or "Ahhh"s... we know that a good refrain should contain some struttering or simple vocalisation. For a song that follows Joanne the album or Shallow I find it way too simple (musically and lyrically wise). 

I dance to SL when it comes out on my player? Sure.

Do I like it from an artistic point of view? Not so much.

That's GGD for you: if you dare criticise anything Gaga does, you're "being negative" and "there's no place for negativity in this forum". 

For an opinion to be accepted you don't have to have one :ally:

KarmaPolice
Just now, ThatBinch said:

It's a dance song. It's not supposed to make you think and feel anything except wanting to dance. :kiss:

Again, Poker Face made me dance and at the same time it sounded nothing like everything else on the radio.

If you don't like the song.... fine, maybe you fill find something you like more on the album or maybe not.... but stop complaining when she's finally giving us NEW MUSIC, and this is what she wants to do... she's the artist, not you, get over it

Reality
9 minutes ago, illySpencer said:

Plus Just Dance was her First Lead single, from a first album while she was new in this industry, not after 11 years in it. GaGa did far better work when she was younger than now. 

And I want to remind you that she had time to wrote a proper song, she had almost 4 years to write. She took her time, and she comes back with a dump song ? Please, this is insulting. I don't want to imagine her whole album if they choose this song to be the lead...  

The melodrama coming from people like you is what's "insulting".

Seriously, I get that y'all don't like the song, but to say, "Please, this is insulting." is pathetic, sorry not sorry. No one is saying that you have  to like the song. It's your opinion, do with it what you will, but y'all are literally acting like this is a Yummy situation. There's a difference between that  and SL. I don't think SL is as "stupid" or "basic" as some people think it is. Is it her best piece of work, lyrically speaking? Of course not, but it's also just meant to be a fun, catchy pop song.

If you want to talk about singles that Gaga's released that were further along than Just Dance, let's look at Million Reasons. The first verse literally has her saying the phrase "million reasons" 6 times. I heard no one complaining about that! And look, it's her biggest hit from the Joanne era! Perfect Illusion, the lead, also had relatively "basic" lyrics, but it's still a great song imo.

Then what about ASIB? Sure, let's talk about ASIB. That wasn't her  work, per se. Sure, she wrote and sung on the soundtrack, but that was meant for the movie and for the characters of Ally and Jack. That wasn't Gaga's  writing, it was Ally's. You can't compare ASIB to SL; they're completely different scenarios.  

🃏🖤👹

BleepBloop
2 minutes ago, Deagan said:

Let me answer it for you. What he's trying to say is that he believes those SL lyrics make her seem like a basic artist, and the way that the song is put together makes her look shallow.

"Freak out, freak out, freak out, freak out, look at me.
And get down, get down, get down, get down, look at me.
Freak out, freak out, freak out, freak out, look at me now."

Then those Zedd-prudction-style "oh oh oh oh" thingies, like anyone think of some other dated songs? Repetition by itself is not a problem, but it should be purposeful.

When we're talking about the lyrics on paper then, yes. They're almost parodic lol. But in the song they do work. Is Stupid Love the next best thing in modern pop? No. Is it still great enough? Yes

2 minutes ago, Deagan said:

Let me answer it for you. What he's trying to say is that he believes those SL lyrics make her seem like a basic artist.

"Freak out, freak out, freak out, freak out, look at me.
And get down, get down, get down, get down, look at me.
Freak out, freak out, freak out, freak out, look at me now."

Then those Zedd-prudction-style "oh oh oh oh" thingies, like anyone think of some other dated songs?

Ohohohoh
I'm in love with Judas

Ohohohoh
I'm in love with Judas

Judas! Judaas Judas! Judaas
Judas! Judaas Judas! GAGA

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Caught in a bad romance
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
Caught in a bad romance

Ra-ra-ah-ah-ah
Roma-roma-ma
Gaga, ooh la-la
Want your bad romance
Ra-ra-ah-ah-ah
Roma-roma-ma
Gaga, ooh la-la
Want your bad romance

You're giving me a million reasons to let you go
You're giving me a million reasons to quit the show
You're givin' me a million reasons
Give me a million reasons
Givin' me a million reasons
About a million reasons

In the sha-ha, sha-hallow
In the sha-ha, sha-la-la-la-low
In the sha-ha, shallow
We're far from the shallow now

Oh, ha, ah, ha
Oh-ah, ha

Just now, zerojk said:

If you don't like the song.... fine, maybe you fill find something you like more on the album or maybe not.... but stop complaining when she's finally giving us NEW MUSIC, and this is what she wants to do... she's the artist, not you, get over it

When has Gaga actually "given" us anything!?

KarmaPolice
Just now, zerojk said:

Why should be stop? It's not like we're ordering her to scrap that song and work on something new. She decided to put SL out, I don't like it and I'm making a fair criticism about it.

Chromaticunt
2 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Again, Poker Face made me dance and at the same time it sounded nothing like everything else on the radio.

What does Stupid Love sound like that's on the radio currently? :oprah:

2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

The melodrama coming from people like you is what's "insulting".

Seriously, I get that y'all don't like the song, but to say, "Please, this is insulting." is pathetic, sorry not sorry. No one is saying that you have  to like the song. It's your opinion, do with it what you will, but y'all are literally acting like this is a Yummy situation. There's a difference between that  and SL. I don't think SL is as "stupid" or "basic" as some people think it is. Is it her best piece of work, lyrically speaking? Of course not, but it's also just meant to be a fun, catchy pop song.

If you want to talk about singles that Gaga's released that were further along than Just Dance, let's look at Million Reasons. The first verse literally has her saying the phrase "million reasons" 6 times. I heard no one complaining about that! And look, it's her biggest hit from the Joanne era! Perfect Illusion, the lead, also had relatively "basic" lyrics, but it's still a great song imo.

Then what about ASIB? Sure, let's talk about ASIB. That wasn't her  work, per se. Sure, she wrote and sung on the soundtrack, but that was meant for the movie and for the characters of Ally and Jack. That wasn't Gaga's  writing, it was Ally's. You can't compare ASIB to SL; they're completely different scenarios.  

Okay good example you raise there. SL for Gaga, sounds like a "Why Did You Do That" for Ally!

DonnieDarko
13 minutes ago, StupidLoveBis said:

The source did not confirm that Stupid Love is the lead single, relax.

Stop the drama, start the music.

Reveal hidden contents

He did.

KarmaPolice
Just now, ThatBinch said:

What does Stupid Love sound like that's on the radio currently? :oprah:

Nothing. It sounds like Born This Way which came out in 2011.

blackpink
13 minutes ago, StupidLoveBis said:

The source did not confirm that Stupid Love is the lead single, relax.

Stop the drama, start the music.

Hide contents

They did, the source on ATRL confirmed it’s Stupid Love 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived