💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

I find it unfair that Lana Del Rey lost to Billie Eilish

Bambino

Featured Posts

Bambino

Well, I know Billie has been very popular recently but truth be told, it's unfair she took Lana's award. I'm not saying that NFR is the greatest album ever but Lana hasn't been shaping alternative music for the past decade in a way that made it somehow trendy and cool only for a teen who looks like the Joker's daughter and who merely whispers on instrumental, to come and snatch the AOTY award just like that.

Lana probably doesn't give a **** about awards for being the alternative artist she is, but she deserves better treatment.

TPSxWqZ.gif

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just an award, time to move on..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

RAMROD

Get over it, fam. Music scene always go in rotation. It is always alternative, rock, metal and all that edgy thing that comes after hip hop/rap trends, before pop takes over again. Lana doesn't start anything as great as her music is. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

joannesrats

Maybe Lana would win if she did anything new or different. I like her, but you could play me a song off of her most recent album or her first and they would sound too similar to warrant any awards.

Nathaniel Nox

NFR tbh IS one of the best albums of 10s ^^ Billie's album is not even close to what has Lana done. But fk it. grammys AOTY doesn't mean "best album of the year" but just "album of the year". Billies work has the most impact because of teenage stans. Whatever.

I think Lana could win AOTY and SOTY if she would decide to release Cinnamon girl as a lead single.

BUtterfield 8

I’m honestly surprised and saddened Lana has gotten no Grammys at this point 

for someone with such critical acclaim 

6 minutes ago, Nathaniel Nox said:

NFR tbh IS one of the best albums of 10s ^^ Billie's album is not even close to what has Lana done. But fk it. grammys AOTY doesn't mean "best album of the year" but just "album of the year". Billies work has the most impact because of teenage stans. Whatever.

I think Lana could win AOTY and SOTY if she would decide to release Cinnamon girl as a lead single.

cinnamon girl must be the most forgettable song on NFR :laughga:

Illuminati

For sure, Lana has never gotten a Grammy and she has never had a bad album, it makes no sense

hausofcy

Billie deserved it as much as Lana does. It's not fair to come for her. However, what billie did with her album is basically the same thing that Lana did back in the day with Born to die. They took a sound that was nothing near the mainstream norm and made it huge. For that alone Lana deserves at least a couple grammys too. There isn't an artist that comes to mind that has been snubbed by the Grammys as hard as Lana. 

Personally i think NFR deserved the win but I can see why they gave it to Billie. I mean, that's the thing with these award shows, a lot of artists deserve but only one gets to take it home. 

🇯🇵

Nathaniel Nox
1 minute ago, Fish said:

cinnamon girl must be the most forgettable song on NFR :laughga:

Maybe if you didn't even listen to this :bye: 60% of billies songs are forgottable for me and she just won 5 grammys.

Just now, Nathaniel Nox said:

Maybe if you didn't even listen to this :bye: 60% of billies songs are forgottable for me and she just won 5 grammys.

i agree Billie is overated at this point (I only enjoy everything i wanted and the ballad she sang) but cinnamon girl is just not it. it sounds like it was a reject from born to die 

Archived