Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Aaron Hernandez, a victim or a criminal?

Chickens in Malibu

Aaron Hernandez, a victim or a murderer?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Aaron Hernandez, a victim or a criminal?

• More of a victim
    • More of a criminal
    • Both

Featured Posts

Chickens in Malibu

Netflix released a new documentary about Aaron Hernandez. I always found his story intriguing and very sad. I know he was convicted of murder, but I still feel bad for him, because he feels like also a victim. This new documentary sheds light on how much of a troubled person he was, the difficult childhood he had (he apparently experienced physical abuse, there was a phone conversation where he was confronting his mother). As if that wasn't enough, he was found to be suffering from brain damage because of football which also contributed to his reckless decision-making. And on top of that, he was believed to be bisexual according to the documentary and the murder he committed may have to do with that. Some reports sau that he wanted to hide that secret. The murder victim apparently knew that but unclear whether he was trying to blackmail him with his secret or simply knew about it. We'll never know I guess. He had a girlfriend/fiancée at the time, in addition to his male lover.

It's really so sad. Because in the documentary everybody is describing him in glowing terms. To me if feels like he's a criminal but also a victim of society, victim of abusive upbringing that ****ed him mentally, victim of toxic masculinity that forces people to be in fear of being ousted as LGBT and victim of severe CTE (according to Washington post, "Aaron Hernandez suffered the most severe case of chronic traumatic encephalopathy ever discovered in a person his age")

Of course to those who don't know, he ended up taking his life. This is why I really hate our justice system. Some people like him needed more rehabilitation and mental support than prison. Throwing somebody in a cell without mental health support is not gonna fix them. I'd rather have "criminals" like him be rehabilitated by mental health experts and released sooner, rather than serving life in jail. Very sad... for both the murder victim's family and hernandez fiancée and daughter...

LilyLark

In my opinion it's a reminder that the world, and people, are very complicated...he did an unforgivable thing and is a criminal, but he was also victimized by circumstances in some ways. Who knows if he would have committed the crime if he wasn't brain damaged? Then again, he might have always had the capacity to murder.

It's an interesting case. I only knew little breadcrumbs about this whole case while it was going on, before watching the documentary.
I wouldn't say that he is either a victim or a criminal, he is rather both. Now, I think no one knows exactly what, why and how it happened, sure, the documentary showed us parts of it but in the end, there were no concrete conclusion to the whole thing.
There were factors, many factors in fact, that shaped him to be who he became in the end. His father, how he was raised, the alleged sexual abuse of him while he was a child, toxic masculinity, him allegedly battling with his sexuality, the CTE that he was suffering from...

He did unimaginably horrible things but I can't help but to feel sorry for him and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

FfFfFfFF

It just shows that abusers abuse because they've been abused. It doesn't justify or excuse their behaviour but it explains it. On top of that the brain tumor thing makes it even more tricky.

Archived