Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga’s new tweet: "Thinking of Kobe"

ydnmnme

Featured Posts

IAmNotHere1997
5 minutes ago, YourCureness said:

I find a disconnect here. Especislly since Kobe Bryant sexually assaulted a young woman. 

13 minutes ago, spector said:

you should have said nothing, gaga. :awkney: what about the unimaginable hope for a non-traumatized and non-violated life of his rape victim?

A person is dead and the damage is already done. Let him rest in peace. He died in a pretty awful and violent accident, he and his family deserve understanding and compassion. Y'all are too much sometimes.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Moonlight on Water
2 hours ago, Ktaylor99 said:

I knew LG tweeting about Kobe would remind me that nuance no longer exists in public discourse...

I was not a fan of Kobe. Before and after the alleged rape.

However - it still makes it sad that he got in a helicopter that day with his daughter and now his wife, other children and loved ones will never see him again. His six month old baby will never know her father.

It doesn’t make him in a hero and it doesn’t absolve him. But we can still feel bad about it as fellow humans.

I honestly forgot he existed until this happened and I’m sad AF. I just lost the most important person in my life this past week, and it sucks beyond measure.

thank you for your words. i don't entirely agree with them because of what the victim had to go through, but i do understand your point of view. i really hope you recover from your loss. take your time to get through. we wish love and peace!

she/her

YourCureness

We can talk about a dead persons legacy both good and bad. 

--

And there really is a disconnect for Gaga here. I really wished she just stay quiet here though. She distanced herself with R Kelly, why can't she do it with Kobe? 

misunderstood
4 minutes ago, YourCureness said:

There really is not a good time to talk about sexual assault though. And it is a narrative that should be talked about the same time people are talking about his achievements. 

Sorry but I will always disagree.

When someone just dies theres absolutely 0 need to bring up the bad ****.

He just died.

There. Is. A. Time. And. Place. For. Activism.

It is absolutely pathetic y'all feel the need to do it when somebody dies.

It's not real activism it's just a desperate attempt for good people brownie points.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Jose P

Honestly I’m glad she decided to acknowledge Kobe’s death instead of her Grammy wins. Goes to show what’s truly important for her, which is to reach out for a family that just faced a horrible tragedy. Grammys are every year and she’s already won 11. She doesn’t have to tweet that she’s thankful for the two she just won. There are far more pressing matters.

Diamond heart99
2 minutes ago, YourCureness said:

--

And there really is a disconnect for Gaga here. I really wished she just stay quiet here though. She distanced herself with R Kelly, why can't she do it with Kobe? 

Kobe isn’t R Kelly. 

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

Diamond heart99
6 minutes ago, Modern Ecstasy2 said:

Agreed, completely.

I am so sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine what you are going through. We are all here for you. :heart:

Thank you 🙏🏻 - I appreciate it. 

YourCureness

And to be fair, i really am sad about Kobe's death though. He seemed like a genuine and changed person. And i genuinely believe that there is remorse on his part about what happened back then. But it is still a fact, it happened, he even aplogized for it. And for Gaga, a voice for sexual abuse victims to issue a statement like this, err. I would prefer she just did not issue any statement whatsoever

misunderstood
Just now, YourCureness said:

And to be fair, i really am sad about Kobe's death though. He seemed like a genuine and changed person. And i genuinely believe that there is remorse on his part about what happened back then. But it is still a fact, it happened, he even aplogized for it. And for Gaga, a voice for sexual abuse victims to issue a statement like this, err. I would prefer she just did not issue any statement whatsoever

So happy she did because you're bothered.

Go participate in some real activism not internet comments for good people brownie points thank you! :)

YourCureness
1 minute ago, Ktaylor99 said:

Kobe isn’t R Kelly. 

True. Kobe actually admitted the did. R Kelly is denying anything. He was a bigger man than R Kelly. 

spector
9 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

A person is dead and the damage is already done. Let him rest in peace. He died in a pretty awful and violent accident, he and his family deserve understanding and compassion. Y'all are too much sometimes.

A woman was raped so the damage is already done. Don't let him be absolved (just because he is dead). She was victimized in a pretty awful and violent way, she and her also family deserve understanding and compassion. Y'all are too amnestic sometimes.

fixed :vegas:

stella + elliot = stelliot

Modern Ecstasy2
3 minutes ago, YourCureness said:

--

Because a woman lost her husband and daughter, and children lost their father and sister. Gaga’s tweet was acknowledging them and that tragedy. It’s not really the same as distancing yourself from someone who is still alive.

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

misunderstood
Just now, spector said:

A woman was raped so the damage is already done. Don't let him be absolved (just because he is dead). She was victimized in a pretty awful and violent way, she and her also family deserve understanding and compassion, too. Y'all are too amnestic sometimes.

fixed :vegas:

Sorry but you'll always be wrong.

1st of all speaking for sexual assault victims, you already messed up doing that

2, being a cringeworthy activist for internet points. Go participate in some real change.

spector
1 minute ago, misunderstood said:

1st of all speaking for sexual assault victims, you already messed up doing that

i'm sorry?

stella + elliot = stelliot

Diamond heart99
5 minutes ago, Cheru said:

thank you for your words. i don't entirely agree with them because of what the victim had to go through, but i do understand your point of view. i really hope you recover from your loss. take your time to get through. we wish love and peace!

Thank you - it is much appreciated.

It’s not that I don’t feel for the victim, I understand what you are saying. But it feels sort of ghoulish for people to bring it up 5 seconds after he died or to not let people wish the family peace (not saying this is what you are doing, just in general). Especially since people haven’t brought it up in years. 

Its not like LG is tweeting that she feels bad for Harvey Weinstein using a walker. 

To me - LG travels constantly - has most likely flown that route in a helicopter, probably more than once. He was also someone larger than life that we take for granted will always be here. There are many similarities there. 

For whatever reason LG felt compelled to make that tweet, and we know she barely weighs in on anything anymore.

Maybe, instead of thinking she can’t feel bad as a sexual assault victim herself, we can respect that she’s a human being as with emotions as well and not take them away from her. Again not saying that is what you are doing - just putting my thoughts out there. 

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived