April  :flop:

Dula Peep. That you?

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gracious Gaga
2 hours ago, RahrahWitch said:

Ima a Mess, I thought the Diagram said Bisexual and then all the rainbow colors. I thought she was Coming out in a music Video :giveup:

LMAOOOOOOO omggggg........

♥ Kindness Police.

47 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Well majority found it exciting.. the question is why it’s not exciting? :awkney: She released 2 amazing songs and this is third and seems like it will be the best one from Future Nostalgia. If you don’t enjoy her that’s okay tho. Not everyone can have good taste! :bon:

Well I think Gaga needs some healthy competition. Ladies need to step up their game and at the end we’ll get two amazing 80s inspired albums that we all need. I would also be here for Dua collaboration where they’ll show us that there’s no competition. 

I just find it real funny how people see Dua as a threat when she can't even figure out a good look for her MV. Unless you're talking purely about charts, then yeah, of course she is one. The charts have been trash for years now thanks to streaming. xxxtentacion was a #1 artist and y'all still wanna care about the charts?

But yeah, let's consider the sports bra girl a threat to the meat dress legend :awkney:

Regina George
3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I just find it real funny how people see Dua as a threat when she can't even figure out a good look for her MV. Unless you're talking purely about charts, then yeah, of course she is one. The charts have been trash for years now thanks to streaming. xxxtentacion was a #1 artist and y'all still wanna care about the charts?

But yeah, let's consider the sports bra girl a threat to the meat dress legend :awkney:

What? Who’s considering her a threat? We are enjoying her music and that’s all. Also that video looks better than anything Gaga released since ARTPOP (visuals vise) but that’s not even important. Why the hell are you so stuck on her look? Like why is that even important. That teaser is amazing and this thread or her have nothing to do with Gaga. Enjoy music. No one even mentioned charts. What are you talking about? 

Antichrist
1 hour ago, Doot said:

Why do I feel like this era is going to be Gaga vs Dua with the mass majority saying Dua did it better?

Im already annoyed. 

if stOOHpid love is any indication, then yes, dupa leea did it better :legend:

Dua Lipa has stepped the **** UP in the last year and if you can’t see that then that sounds like a personal problem. This whole era has been serve after serve 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Regina George
3 minutes ago, Stef said:

Dua Lipa has stepped the **** UP in the last year and if you can’t see that then that sounds like a personal problem. This whole era has been serve after serve 

This, this and this! She is giving us concept album that seems to be perfectly executed while at the same time serving great 80s inspired disco music. 

1 minute ago, ReginaGeorge said:

What? Who’s considering her a threat? We are enjoying her music and that’s all. Also that video looks better than anything Gaga released since ARTPOP (visuals vise) but that’s not even important. Why the hell are you so stuck on her look? Like why is that even important. That teaser is amazing and this thread or her have nothing to do with Gaga. Enjoy music. No one even mentioned charts. What are you talking about? 

You talked about competition which is why I mention threats. I agree that Gaga hasn't had a groundbreaking video in years, but she did at some point (and honestly talking I wouldn't be a Gaga stan if anything pre-Joanne didn't exist) and that made her become a main pop girl.

I'm talking about looks because imagery is an important part in the industry. Sadly that doesn't seem to matter anymore. But back when music was good, MVs were EVENTS. And a reason why Gaga is so iconic is the whole controversy surrounding her looks. Showbusiness is about using all senses, so visuals should be too. The new pop girls have no defined aesthetic, and that makes them extremely bland. 

Pop stars are meant to serve a fantasy. They were the OG drag queens. Madonna and Michael Jackson didn't become iconic only with their music. They did because they served visuals and performances. Dua has yet to do anything of the sort.

If we wanna talk about music, her sound is extremely generic too (Pretty much Stupid Love levels, which is a good boppable song, but isn't iconic and won't be remembered in 10 years). Anything topping the charts 2016-2020 is not memorable. 

NOTE : I realized it was Billie who had "She's a threat for Gaga" threads, but I put both in the same basket :enigma: Sorry for the confusion

Sneaky Oliver
3 hours ago, River said:

I was never really into her until Don't Stop Now and now I'm obsessed :giveup:

3 hours ago, Weasel said:

I am still obsessed over Don't Stop Now. I cannot stop bopping to that. This looks to be another great disco bop :enigma:

1 hour ago, Poker said:

Idk why but I can't get into her. Don't stop now and future nostalgia did nothing to me :bradley:

Its Dont Start Now though :ally:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

1 minute ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Its Dont Start Now though :ally:

Well to be fair I must have heard the song like two times lmao

Kindness rules all.

Sneaky Oliver
1 minute ago, Poker said:

Well to be fair I must have heard the song like two times lmao

It’s so overplayed here. I listen to it everyday on radio when I’m driving to work. Multiple times a day.

I’m on my Legacy Act era

LIKELADYAGAGA
2 hours ago, Enigma said:

I don't get where's all the hype coming from... she's wearing a white sports top and rocking blonde rooted hair... what's exciting whatsoever about this? :awkney:

I think you should be asking yourself why you're NOT hyped. 

hpmcmill

I’m just now getting super into her too - Don’t Start Now is so good, comforting and relatable. Makes me wanna dance and not care about anything lol.

Archived