Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
other

The Memorial Day of "The Holocaust"

Featured Posts

BadGurlMadge

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/26/the-guardian-view-on-holocaust-memorial-day-as-necessary-as-ever

it's still as horrible that it happened today as it was back then :(

Let's remember the 6 million jews that got killed and the 5 million (I think) ill, polish & political people that was against Hitler:heart:

Edited by BadGurlMadge
strike a ****ing pose
  • Like 6

WhiteHotForever

Approximately 1 million people were murdered in Auschwitz :(

• Like 1

Dominic

I wrote my dissertation on the Holocaust, particularly the Sonderkommando. I researched and read so many eyewitness testimonials from inside the extermination camps and I just cannot comprehend it. Some of the accounts will stay with me forever. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

OfficerDolla
1 hour ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Let's remember the 6000 jews that got killed

It was 6 MILLION 

• Sad 1

BadGurlMadge
15 minutes ago, OfficerDolla said:

It was 6 MILLION 

I know, I was in class and tried to not be caught doing other stuff:selena:

strike a ****ing pose
  • LMAO 2

August3

The fact that antisemitism is rising again is sad and disgusting. Some people don't learn. 

"The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history" 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gov Hooka

Similar atrocities are still being committed around the world with the concentration camps in China for the Uygur Muslims. People generally don’t give a damn. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

PartySick
8 hours ago, BadGurlMadge said:

I know, I was in class and tried to not be caught doing other stuff:selena:

True priorities :applause:

OT: it's really sad how humans can be so cruel to each other. It's been happening for all of recorded history and still happens today :/

I'm a person and the person that I am can change 🥀
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

PoshLife

One of the very worst atrocities ever committed by and against mankind. We cannot ever forget and we cannot ever let anti-Semitism rise again. It must be quashed at every turn.

creek creek butter cartman yaoi kyle creek creek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

weed

My mom, who's not even 50 yet, grew up in Russia-controlled Poland. It's crazy how recently it actually happened, people still alive who experienced all of it. I agree with there being a day for remembrance, it's a tragic event in human history.

• Sad 1

BadGurlMadge
9 hours ago, PartySick said:

True priorities :applause:

:whitney:

9 hours ago, PartySick said:

OT: it's really sad how humans can be so cruel to each other. It's been happening for all of recorded history and still happens today :/

I know, and it's only getting worse each day :( 

strike a ****ing pose

KatieJudasGaga4

I was honored to meet one Holocaust survivor last year and that was one of the best things that ever happened to me. She was so sweet and kind and her story impacted me deeply. I was so emotional and I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet her.

PS - She was a Gaga fan and did see ASIB. I was wearing a Gaga T-shirt and she brought up Gaga in our conversation!

Edited by KatieJudasGaga4
My Holy Trinity: Lady Gaga, Imagine Dragons, Mariah Carey
  • Love 3

Gov Hooka

I’m just surprised that yesterday my day consisted with very little discussion about the Holocaust. Like it’s crazy to me it was only 75 years ago... 

• Thanks 1

Economy

I knew a German couple that had been in concentration camps :/

In addition to Jews which often get the most attention for being the biggest targeted group there was also many many more

Handicapped  and sick were targeted, politically disapproved viewpoints targeted, gays in rare cases that became found out in those days targeted....

In this case the couple I knew were white healthy Germans. In their case they were a religion Hitler didn't approve

If u werent white German, wrong religion, handicapped, did not politically conform etc... Almost anything could get u targeted

The Nazis had symbols on the prisoners uniforms. It told them the reason why each person had been sent to the camp

Edited by Economy
  • Sad 1