Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What was Grammy’s agenda with Billie Eilish?

Lighter

Featured Posts

Andreu

"Agenda"

I dont like her at all but the bitterness here.... i cant

She wont and thats it. Stop making excuses for why she did, maybe the committee thought she deserved the awarda and gave it to her its not thay deep.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin

2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Why there should be agenda??

She is not the first multi winning artist in one night. There are a lot more before her.

Norah Jones, Lauryn Hill, Beyoncé, Amy Winehouse, Michael Jackson, Bruno Mars, Adele, Santana, to name some.

Why does it need to be "agenda" with Eilish?

The sarcasm is undeniable. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Daylight Jokers
2 hours ago, sillynate said:

Name one non Billie song that sounds like Bad Guy

Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO.

Daylight Jokers

She deserved ROTY and BNA. Lover, ARUTW, or NFR are more deserving for SOTY. NFR deserves AOTY.

derpmonster
18 minutes ago, Didymus said:

As I said: the pre-release strategy was a strategy, to secure grassroots support from the gay community (which you have to get through performing in local clubs, Fire Island gigs, gay prides, all of which Gaga did), helped by the successful promotion of companies who specialize in that kind of thing (FlyLeaf and Coalition), who could then lift her to a next level once she's taking off musically.

Yes, makes sense.

If we're shooting down Billie for being an "industry plant" then we have to fire that gun at Gaga too. And obviously no one on this forum is willing to do that.

I'm not. I'm not interested in calling Billie out for anything. I believe she's talented - my comments are solely about the level of support Gaga received from Interscope vs. what Billie has.

I know most LMs don't like to hear it but anyone who thinks Gaga's success happened organically and solely through her own efforts (which doesn't mean I'm saying she didn't work hard—she worked harder than anyone else debuting) is just buying into a fantasy a lot of men in business suits have been trying to sell. Gaga's success, along with her image, has been designed in an office just like it has been for other pop stars who shot for fame. But, and this is my point, that does not make those pop stars untalented and/or inauthentic.

No, of course not. Her efforts were obviously not just her (otherwise she would've made it big without the label - clearly they did something) and she worked hard but I don't entirely disbelieve Gaga when she says she was having to fund her own stuff through the money she made from gigs. Yes, Interscope was invested in her larger success and had a strategy around it, but if we are to believe Gaga herself, they did leave things to be desired in supporting her especially financially.

Having strategy does not make one inauthentic and the "put your mind to it and work hard" narrative is obviously about the exception, not the norm. Most hardworking people don't make it and those who do tend to overvalue the role of their hard work. That said, Gaga still had to do all of these things that others didn't and turns out labels decided solely top-down promotion does work now.

Edit: Further evidence of Interscope's underfunding: TMB1.0. Live Nation made 2.0 happen. Interscope didn't believe she was going to sell arenas.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

sillynate
14 minutes ago, LGs LM said:

Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO.

:oprah: 

11 minutes ago, Gagi said:

Many “Lorde” songs 

I only know Royals and Team so

20lE.gif  
but it’s been 6 years since those songs too 

DeanWinchester

I have nothing againsy Billie and I even like her songs but sweeping the general categories when not even Adele did it is :awkney: and Gaga at her peak was bigger than Billie and she doesn't even have one GF award like :huntyga:

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

StuckInMyMind

Personally I think she’s quite bland and tasteless, I’ve heard the kind of voice she “sings” with waaay too much these past few years and in all honesty, I think she’s only successful due to TikTok and all the kids that follow trends these days... she’s nothing but a phase and she’ll disappear in about 2 minutes

Jose P
1 hour ago, Gagi said:

Many “Lorde” songs 

Really? Which Lorde songs specifically? I don’t see the similarities in sound between Lorde and Billie tbh. They’re similar in how they were both very young when they exploded and received universal acclaim and their music is soft dream pop. But in reality their music is pretty different.

StuckInMyMind
5 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Really? Which Lorde songs specifically? I don’t see the similarities in sound between Lorde and Billie tbh. They’re similar in how they were both very young when they exploded and received universal acclaim and their music is soft dream pop. But in reality their music is pretty different.

It’s the way they “talk sing” and they’re quite quiet with their vocals

Didymus
1 hour ago, derpmonster said:

That said, Gaga still had to do all of these things that others didn't and turns out labels decided solely top-down promotion does work now.

But... I get what you're saying but your comments aren't relevant for Billie :saladga: Billie went through a very similar process as Gaga: she was discovered (not just by a publicist but by a huge audience) for her own original work (in Billie's case, Ocean Eyes on Soundcloud, which went viral on its own), worked with a couple of companies to help her design a marketable brand as she got signed, and then slowly worked her way up to massive fame :shrug: Both label support and critical acclaim (a factor different from Gaga who mostly just got controversial buzz, not respect and support from music critics) helped her up to where she is now.

Billie's been at it since 2016. It is now 2020 and only since 2019 are people talking about the "peak" period of Billie Eilish when everyone got to know her. That's four years of hard work while her label slowly pushed her forward and teamed up with other companies and music services to market her into the next big star: Gaga only had to work one year since developing her image to smash in the public eye. Just like Just Dance was a sleeper hit, so was Don't Smile at Me, and only after that became more and more popular did Interscope wake up to throw all their money at her.

Just look at Billie's previous "tours" smh. She was doing small ass clubs making a name of herself. So why are you pretending she made it big out of nowhere after she got signed? It's not like that.

Archived