Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Tracy Young Makes History; Madonna Gets Represented

27monster27

Featured Posts

27monster27

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/awards/8549195/2020-grammys-tracy-young-best-remixed-recording-non-classical-winner-first-woman

Tracy Young makes history as she becomes the first woman to win best remixed recording non classical. She says that women will continue to be recognized for their production efforts in the future. Her winning remix was of Madonnas "I Rise" off of her 2019 album Madame X. As a result, Madonna was indirectly represented that night. This is the first time something having to do with her work was nominated for a Grammy since "Celebration" was for Best Dance Recording in 2010.

I am so proud of both of them. Tracy has made a great stride for female producers, and Madonna got great news at a tough time in her life. :heart:

he/him/his

shoful

Yes! So happy that she won!

still so bitter that Madonna didn’t get any nomination for the artwork that was Madame X. Absolutely ridiculous 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

blankpaper

Female producers are SO underrepresented. Alison Wonderland is another one that has been making huge strides in the last couple years and it makes me so happy to watch her level up every time she turns around 

reality’s tight if the music is right

Jose P
4 minutes ago, shoful said:

Yes! So happy that she won!

still so bitter that Madonna didn’t get any nomination for the artwork that was Madame X. Absolutely ridiculous 

She could release the most critically acclaimed album of the millennium next time and she still wouldn’t receive a nom tbh. That’s just the sad reality :messga:

Musicisfreedom

So happy for her and M. Glad Madame X could be represented in some way. It deserved so much more. 

Bitch I'm Madonna

ThisGuyTony

Medellin for best collaboration should’ve at least been nominated. 

:madge: 

Do we know if her team/label sent any songs from the Madame X era for nomination? 

Musicisfreedom
1 minute ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Medellin for best collaboration should’ve at least been nominated. 

:madge: 

Do we know if her team/label sent any songs from the Madame X era for nomination? 

Its possible, but I dont think Madonna really cares about the Grammy's, and probably knew they wouldn't nominate her. Shes probably known of their slimy ways for a long time.

Bitch I'm Madonna

IAmNotHere1997

As much as I hate this remix, I'm still happy she won. Female producers, DJs, remixers, get overshadowed all the time by men.

ThisGuyTony
9 minutes ago, Musicisfreedom said:

Its possible, but I dont think Madonna really cares about the Grammy's, and probably knew they wouldn't nominate her. Shes probably known of their slimy ways for a long time.

True. She didn’t win anything until the Ray of Light era. :rip: 

The Madame X era did well on its own but nominations would’ve been a bit more promo and exposure to the era for non-fans.

Archived