BUtterfield 8
3 minutes ago, GagaInTheZone said:

none of the stuff she has ever released is grammy worthy, sorry

Delete your accountย 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Ariana IS basic, however 7 Rings is a jam which served better quality and melody than bad guy. Bad guy is not even as unique as some want to think.

But let's agree to disagree.ย :laughga:

I was gonna stop but seriously... what song sounded like bad guy on the radio

7 rings is radio friendly song, sounded like a lot of what you hear on there. how are you disagreeing with that? ๐Ÿ˜‚ you've lost me sis x

FfFfFfFF
12 minutes ago, Rio said:

I was gonna stop but seriously... what song sounded like bad guy on the radio

7 rings is radio friendly song, sounded like a lot of what you hear on there. how are you disagreeing with that? ๐Ÿ˜‚ you've lost me sis x

Let's not act like bad guy doesn't fit completely into the chill minimalistic trip hop/ R&B sound that is on the radio. It fits 100% in a radio playlist and is not nearly as experimental as some like to think..

5 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Let's not act like bad guy doesn't fit completely into the chill minimalistic trip hop/ R&B sound that is on the radio. It fits 100% in a radio playlist and is not nearly as experimental as some like to think..

haha okay... well I aint heard a song like that so big on the radio before. guess I'm a little behind

JustTea

Because Ariana became sell out the moment she released TUN.ย :icega: Her fame comes from her image more than her music. That's why I'm glad Billie won for doing something different and not selling with sex. :whitney:

JohnnyVersace

I honestly think Billie deserved several of the awards she won. As did Lizzo. Both had huge success and put out fresh music and performances in 2019.ย 

BUT snubbing Ariana for Thank U, Next is a TRAVESTY. It's an incredible album, and so emotionally heartfelt. She deserved at least one win, period.ย 

ย 

MonsterofFame

Aren't the Grammy winners voted on by "members" of the Academy, which includes thousands of music professionals (singers, producers, mixers, managers, executives)ย in the industry? It's not a group of ~10 people calling the shots like the VMAs.

I believe the people *nominated* are selected by Grammy employees. So they can't snub the nominees from winning.

Also, why should performing there guarantee you an award? That would truly be a sign of rigging and would also spoil the surprise since winners would be known earlier.

Lana was the one robbed because she walked away with nothing. At least Lizzo/Lil Nas X got 1.ย 

StrawberryBlond

It's obvious that the Grammys are putting her on a time out since her outburst against them over Twitter at last year's ceremony. Given the circumstances, I'm surprised she even got nominated or invited at all. It was like a display of teaching her a lesson to get her hopes up like that specifically to douse them and put her in her place. It shows how much she still cares about the awards, if she was prepared to show up despite being so annoyed with them last year. It comes off as fake that she was ready to welcome them back after they gave her her very first win last year and gave her the most nominations this year.

DeanWinchester

I love bad guy but are people really calling tu,n basic or generic? Which other pop girl is mixing trap very well with pop? Both Ari and Billie had good songs

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Her music isn't what Grammy voters usually vote for. They prob think her entire record sounds like 7 Rings or something...

Doncho

I HATE this "logic" that artists should win just because the Grammys nominate them and let them perform. Having the honor of being nominated or attending the ceremony doesnt garantee winning an award.ย 

So many pressed fans (even monsters in past years) call the Grammys "desperate" for "using" their faves to have views. I mean, if they are nominated or performing, whats wrong with promoting the show with them??

was she?

i mean i'm not saying her album is trash or anything, just too basic and sounds like the music everyone is doing nowadays to get more airplay, i agree she has a stunning voice but it doesn't make it up gor her to win something

... and now i just sit in silence.

What's most interesting is the people in this thread calling Tu,n basic and boring clearly heard the singles and nothing else lol. If y'all wanna sit here and tell me Needy, Imagine, Ghostin, and in my head are meaningless with no feelings and basic then go ahead but I doubt you have even HEARD the whole album. Anyways the Shammys aren't even a prestigious award anymore and they have been exposed so it really doesn't matter who wins it's all a scam anyways. Funny how when the show first got exposed everyone said Grammys were cancelled. Now suddenly the Grammys are a big deal again. PICK A SIDE.

Archived