💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Ariana was snubbed. Why?

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, FfFfFfFF said:

It's a better song melodically and in itself. Grammys should award the quality and not the impact or sales.

Yeah they should and they did. Bad Guy was an incredibly interesting, different song. I was shocked a song like that was even that huge. 7 Rings just sounds like any other song on the charts hun, stop trippin' :lolga:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FfFfFfFF
7 minutes ago, Rio said:

Yeah they should and they did. Bad Guy was an incredibly interesting, different song. I was shocked a song like that was even that huge. 7 Rings just sounds like any other song on the charts hun, stop trippin' :lolga:

Bad Guy is an annoying and overspammed trap-pop song with no chorus, let's be glad no other song sounds like it. :diane: When I first listened to Billie's album last spring I thought it was cute and all but if I enter a room where the song is playing I'll realistically contemplate running away.

I can't believe I'm defending Ariola but please hear the difference in quality:

A Star Is Born

She wasn’t imo. I loved TUN but Billie deserved every award she won and it happened to be the same categories Ariana was nominated in. :oops:

Debithius
6 hours ago, SkyPrincess said:

YESS THANK YOU SPILL THE ****ING TEA BITCH 

they (the Grammys) hate her 

sorry, lol this site hates her too but Pop Vocal was hers for the win and also she was snubbed for SOTY, it was literally confirmed. I also really like Billie, but she won too much 

Or she deserved her wins cause she was more successful than Ari?

mister max
35 minutes ago, Debithius said:

Or she deserved her wins cause she was more successful than Ari?

Succes isnt a category in the grammys tho

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

Winning a Grammy means nothing nowadays. It used to be a privilege cause artists like Michael Jackson, Ray Charles, Frank Sinatra, Whitney etc would win them and it was so hard to get one even if you were Diana Ross who only won in 2012. 

So now when I see Billie Eilish winning for a mediocre song or even Ariana Grande that I really enjoy, her last album isnt even nominee worthy to me, if you compare with the old nominees from back in the day. Truth is, quality in music has gone done for the majority of artists, there are a few diamonds in the rough but it's not enough. 

Mirrion Rizzons
1 hour ago, Rio said:

If you throw out a new album year in year out, the quality's gonna suffer. I cannot sit here and say Ariana's music has much substance, or great songwriting. Most of her musical output is produced for the charts. I don't care how much she has been through the past few years- that raw emotion and honesty does not portray in her music or lyrics. Yeah, Billie won too ****ing much, I get it. The entire general field?!?!?! We all know ARUTW was the best written song in that category (SOTY), but the GRAMMYs are fickle and don't always award the best contender. They award commercial performance. But I would have rather Billie clean up this year than Ariana. One pushed the boundaries in music this past year, other was just biggest pop star with hit singles. 

But...thank, u next is possibly her best album so far, cohesively & sonically. 
you say her emotion isn’t portrayed in her lyrics, but haven’t you heard needy, fake smile, ghostin? 
I’m not saying she should have necessarily won over billie, bc billie served this year but Ariana deserved to take home at least one award last night 

Lord Temptation

Well, Billie Eilish won the WORST Grammys in 25 years, so is it really an achievement? :tony: :icega: :ohwell:

Debithius
49 minutes ago, mister max said:

Succes isnt a category in the grammys tho

Commercial success plays a huge part of what the academy thinks.

not Chromatica

I watched her performance on YT this morning and I saw a lot of comments saying how they'd humiliated her and used her for ratings, and I really don't get that. I get the sentiment and I agree she shouln't have gone home empty-handed, but let's get two things straight: a) she was a PERFORMER & she got paid good money for that b) she got to have a pretty big performance, which is not always a given – think about the original concept for Applause @ the VMAs which couldn't come into fruition because they were scared Gaga would steal Miley's thunder. So why go all the way there?

RochestrMonstr

They obviously thought Billie’s music was better than Ariana’s, which I agree with (though Billie’s isn’t really for me either).

I was more disappointed to see Lana lose. 

2 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Bad Guy is an annoying and overspammed trap-pop song with no chorus, let's be glad no other song sounds like it. :diane: When I first listened to Billie's album last spring I thought it was cute and all but if I enter a room where the song is playing I'll realistically contemplate running away.

I can't believe I'm defending Ariola but please hear the difference in quality:

Nahhh. Bad Guy is the ****. Each to their own, agree to disagree. Who even cares about a chorus lol...it has a fun little jiggy drop instead.  Ariola's too basic and boundary-conforming for me. Glad Billie slayed

Archived