Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Video: Demi's Emotional Grammy Performance

Antoni

Featured Posts

I don't care what you think of her, I loved this performance. I think getting up there and singing new material in front of an audience for the first time in so long was a huge moment for her in her recovery. And no one's listening: this song was written before her overdose (see Zane Lowe interview). No one was listening to her signs of struggle. And she felt like no one was listening to her music (we know this from all of her Twitter breakdowns over the years saying she's quitting). I think this is Demi at her best, personally, and I can't wait to see what's next.

My name isn't Timmers

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FATCAT

Wow, the whole song is very powerful. I hope she has that someone now!

Amazing vocals & commanding performance.

Purr more, hiss less.

LaserTech

As an addict in recovery this song brought me to tears. This is exactly what it feels like to hit rock bottom and not know how to recover, especially when suicide seems like the easiest way to end the pain. I’m so proud of her, this song is so beautiful and she KILLED this performance.  

2School4Cool

Beautiful. To belt like that with tears streaming down her face takes so much bravery. And my guess is she had tears streaming in the studio recording it as well. Props to her for her bravery and vulnerability :heart:.

See The Best In Everyone

coolninjaguy

i mean when you do clownery who's going to listen to your music. this is the same girl who sided with scooter braun and went on a paid propoganda trip to israel (which she later confirmed) calling it a "magical place". obviously she's had a rough past but innocent civilians including children are literally  being slaughtered in palestine but her privilege placed her above that to even acknowledge.

LaserTech
1 minute ago, 2School4Cool said:

Beautiful. To belt like that with tears streaming down her face takes so much bravery. And my guess is she had tears streaming in the studio recording it as well. Props to her for her bravery and vulnerability :heart:.

Omg how could I forget how she started too... having to start over, tearing up the whole time. Oof, perfection. 

2School4Cool
1 minute ago, LaserTech said:

As an addict in recovery this song brought me to tears. This is exactly what it feels like to hit rock bottom and not know how to recover, especially when suicide seems like the easiest way to end the pain. I’m so proud of her, this song is so beautiful and she KILLED this performance.  

I’m sending you love and health :heart:

See The Best In Everyone

LaserTech
1 minute ago, 2School4Cool said:

I’m sending you love and health :heart:

Thanks babe, I’m doing great, 6 months sober Feb 4th. Sobriety and rehab saved my life 💕

misunderstood
3 minutes ago, coolninjaguy said:

i mean when you do clownery who's going to listen to your music. this is the same girl who sided with scooter braun and went on a paid propoganda trip to israel (which she later confirmed) calling it a "magical place". obviously she's had a rough past but innocent civilians including children are literally  being slaughtered in palestine but her privilege placed her above that to even acknowledge.

Nobody asked for another unnecessary unoriginal rant about how Demi is so HoRiBiLe

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

This was so beautiful. I am so happy for and proud of her. I would never wish mental health or addiction struggles on anyone, and she is so strong for getting up there and doing that, and she REALLY. ****ING. DID. THAT. 

ThisGuyTony
44 minutes ago, dynamite said:

Her voice sounds better live than on the recorded one tbh!

I agree.

coolninjaguy
51 minutes ago, misunderstood said:

Nobody asked for another unnecessary unoriginal rant about how Demi is so HoRiBiLe

yea let's forget about that and live in our privileged lives not speaking about the horrible causes she has supported. NO THANKS.

Archived