new music

Demi Lovato - Anyone

BibleThisWay

Featured Posts

geusst1235
4 minutes ago, Spock said:

Céline, Mariah, Rachel Berry, Beyoncé belt

Demi SCREECHES

Talk to any vocal coach that actually studies the profession, she belts as well. You may not like her style of singing (which is fine), however she is not screaming nor "screeching".

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davian
2 minutes ago, dynamite said:

I don't think it's false, I think it's subjective. Saying she sang in A key when she sang in E would be false. Thinking she was screeching isn't false. Is screeching even something that's objectively measurable in vocals? I feel like it's not.

Well it is. Saying a singer is 'screeching' or 'screaming' when she is belting is so tiring at this point. It's like every artist that has raspy or heavier tone to it is screeching, according to the people that say that. You can just say you don't like the way she sings.

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

geusst1235
38 minutes ago, dynamite said:

I don't think it's false, I think it's subjective. Saying she sang in A key when she sang in E would be false. Thinking she was screeching isn't false. Is screeching even something that's objectively measurable in vocals? I feel like it's not.

She is definitely belting and I don't know about technique but it's probably on point too. But purely preference-wise: shrill!

Demi was belting with vibrato. That simply is not a screech, which is usually a high pitched scream-like sound that is not supported, extremly harsh, has no vibrato,etc. Therefore yes Demi was not screeching at all.

I don't mind if people don't like her voice and criticize it, but there is no need to say that she is screeching/screaming which has been used in a condescending fashion between fans.

dynamite
29 minutes ago, Davian said:

Well it is. Saying a singer is 'screeching' or 'screaming' when she is belting is so tiring at this point. It's like every artist that has raspy or heavier tone to it is screeching, according to the people that say that. You can just say you don't like the way she sings.

Screeching is descriptive so it's literally just your opinion vs mine... I recognise that she's belting but I simply don't like the way she's doing it or her tone of voice in this particular song, aka it "sounds screechy" or shrill.  Idk about anyone else but when I say screeching I'm not saying she's not singing properly, just that's what it sounds like. I wasn't commenting on technique or her vocal quality on an academic level.

ShayCristoforo

I think she missed the mark. I feel bad for her, but honestly the song just sounds bratty 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

AdmistTheLight

I think I would love this as a live performance, very raw and emotional. But as a recording, too many flaws and too shrill for multiple listens.

Liberaté mi amor

People are really on this thread trying to prove that the song/Demi’s voice is bad.... Let people enjoy it. Just move along if you don’t like it :triggered:

This is a brave presentation of vulnerability from a very talented artist. Have some respect :bye:

Jeremy Kosinski

Seriously i hope you all burn in hell that are trashing this. Her live vocals are better but this is such a powerful song and maybe you all should pay ****ing attention to others around you cuz there are ppl who are hurting and struggling and relate to these words that maybe could use your help but if yall don't like something instead of having your opinion and just saying heh it wasn't for me or i didn't care for it you trash it & crucify it and act like lil monstrosities like i just don't understand the need to spread negativity the way some of you all do it's ****ing disgusting tbh.  Try being a lil more positive the world needs good energy not negativity. Ok rant over but sorry not sorry i fully stand by everything i said. Love to all though, try it on for a change, it's one size fits all. 

geusst1235
35 minutes ago, Jeremy Kosinski said:

Seriously i hope you all burn in hell that are trashing this. Her live vocals are better but this is such a powerful song and maybe you all should pay ****ing attention to others around you cuz there are ppl who are hurting and struggling and relate to these words that maybe could use your help but if yall don't like something instead of having your opinion and just saying heh it wasn't for me or i didn't care for it you trash it & crucify it and act like lil monstrosities like i just don't understand the need to spread negativity the way some of you all do it's ****ing disgusting tbh.  Try being a lil more positive the world needs good energy not negativity. Ok rant over but sorry not sorry i fully stand by everything i said. Love to all though, try it on for a change, it's one size fits all. 

Okay saying that they should all burn in hell is going way too far oof. There isn't any point in bringing more negativity into the conversation when you're trying to dispel some of it with your viewpoint.

I do however agree that some people are being unnecessarily negative for absolutely no reason. Sure you may disliked the song, but saying "The screeching :rip:" or that she can't sing is just immature and an exaggeration imo. I think the hypocrisy here is that I doubt some of the people saying these things would enjoy it if others said the same stuff about their favorite artists like Taylor Swift, Mariah Carey,etc.

All I'm trying to say is, people should be more mature and respectful with their critiques. 

This song, her performance, and the sentiment behind the song are absolutely beautiful. I'm so overwhelmed - written four days before she nearly died of an overdose. What she must have been going through is unimaginable. Clearly very few of you understand mental health and addiction, nor the point behind this song, and it shows. She didn't release this song to hit #1, she released it to tell her story, be vulnerable, and share her heart. 

Literally grow the **** up. 

ThatAsianGuy
2 hours ago, IShouldBeSad said:

Please. If Gaga released a song like this, yall would be all over it. Show some goddamn compassion

Gaga wouldn't and if she does its waaaay better than this mediocre song. Gaga can write beautiful ballads.

Davian
9 hours ago, dynamite said:

Screeching is descriptive so it's literally just your opinion vs mine... I recognise that she's belting but I simply don't like the way she's doing it or her tone of voice in this particular song, aka it "sounds screechy" or shrill.  Idk about anyone else but when I say screeching I'm not saying she's not singing properly, just that's what it sounds like. I wasn't commenting on technique or her vocal quality on an academic level.

I personally think the term ‘screeching’/‘screaming’ is overused to take down female vocalists who sing their heart out and hit high notes. It’s not fair imo. But, let’s agree to disagree!:vegas:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

DiamondAngel

I actually LOVE this song and am blown away, but not some of y’all being upset at others having negative opinions... you realize you can’t really help what kind of music you like/dislike? I mean damn. It’s a music forum. People can have negative opinions or think a voice sounds shrill/screamy. I’d suggest taking a break from the internet and going outside of other opinions affect you so negatively? 

Gracious Gaga

imo its a great song and she performed it really well at the grammies.  

♥ Kindness Police.

Archived