new music

Demi Lovato - Anyone

BibleThisWay

Featured Posts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2School4Cool

Unbelievably gorgeous. So raw, so powerful. And her performance was so brave and emotional. Great job, Demi :heart:

See The Best In Everyone

Davian
9 minutes ago, malazam said:

Nah. This is screaming.

Pls. Those 'screaming' comments are so old:saladga: Just because someone is hitting lots of high notes doesn't mean she's screaming. It's called singing.

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

geusst1235

Demi recorded this just 4 days before the incident happened. So yes there are flaws, but that's kinda the point since the vocals were done in 1 take.

geusst1235
3 minutes ago, mauvais said:

God, the lyrics are unbelievably manipulative 🙄

How are the lyrics manipulative exactly?

2School4Cool

Not really understanding the hate. Of course everyone’s allowed their musical opinion, but I’m just amazed at her bravery. She’s obviously so emotionally connected. She restarted the performance because she was crying, then she belted her heart out with tears streaming down her face. That right there is strength. I don’t think this song should be listened to technically, it should be listened to for the emotion, and it’s full of emotion.

See The Best In Everyone

geusst1235
1 hour ago, Spock said:

The screeching :rip:

If you don't like this style of singing that's fine, but don't try to criticize something you know nothing about while being disrespectful.

I simply don't see the need in being extra negative when you dislike something.

dynamite
7 minutes ago, WholesomeOOf said:

*Belting

Some people truly have no idea how singing works apparently.

It's a matter of opinion actually, you don't need to be a trained musician to be able to dislike it and find it screechy. I'm a fan of Anastacia who is known for her belting and high notes so I'm hardly against powerful voices. 

But her tone in this song was very shrill to me and made me cringe. I liked it on Skyscraper or whatever else I heard from her. 

If you like it, that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. But stop trying to 'correct' people.

4 minutes ago, WholesomeOOf said:

*Belting

If you don't like this style of singing that's fine, but don't try to criticize something you know nothing about.

Céline, Mariah, Rachel Berry, Beyoncé belt

Demi SCREECHES

who will love me when the night is over

geusst1235
59 minutes ago, dynamite said:

It's a matter of opinion actually, you don't need to a trained musician to be able to dislike it and find it screechy. I'm a fan of Anastacia who is known for her belting and high notes so I'm hardly against powerful voices. 

But her tone in this song was very shrill to me and made me cringe. I liked it on Skyscraper or whatever else I heard from her. 

If you like it, that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. But stop trying to 'correct' people. It just makes you look like you're too up yourself.

Disliking a style of singing is absolutely fine, however saying "The screeching :rip:" is not only disrespectful but completely false.

If you're going to criticize someone's performance that covers subjects such as drug/alcohol abuse, be mature. There is no reason to be overtly negative.

dynamite
5 minutes ago, WholesomeOOf said:

Disliking a style of singing is absolutely fine, however saying "The screeching :rip:" is not only disrespectful but completely false.

If you're going to criticize someone's performance that covers subjects such as drug/alcohol abuse, be mature. 

I don't think it's false, I think it's subjective. Saying she sang in A key when she sang in E would be false. Thinking she was screeching isn't false. Is screeching even something that's objectively measurable in vocals? I feel like it's not.

She is definitely belting better than I could and I don't know about technique but it's probably on point too. But purely preference-wise: shrill.

Archived