Beyonce wins 24th Grammy with ‘Homecoming’

Kimmo

Featured Posts

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
joannesrats
10 minutes ago, myusername said:

Won a Grammy for a rehash. Congratulations. Overrated as always. 

I’ll be one of the first people to say she is sometimes overrated, but this is a well deserved award. Homecoming was an incredible performance and the mix of the performance and the documentary in one film was really nice. It was more than a rehash. 

Thomas P

We love to see it 

music video beyonce GIF

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Red Velvet

I'm crying, this feels like 2010 all over again. Gaga winning 2 Grammys, Beyoncé winning one, Taylor is nominated for a general field category... The 3 queens of modern pop music.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

AndrewGr

It's funny how the same ceremony can do some things so right and other ones so wrong :huntyga:

ELECTROHEART

About what was the Grammy's scandal? :trollga:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

Probably deserved this award tbh. But still, overrated, over-awarded, and not the "artist" who should be the one to overtake Aretha Franklin's GRAMMY win record. Shame.

JustJames

No disrespect to Beyonce, but this is where I feel the Grammys really need to get things consistent. In terms of their success ratios, Gaga is 11/27 and Beyonce 24/70. For the amount of work each has put out over the course of their careers, these numbers are just unfairly skewed toward Beyonce for the type of music she creates. Just as Lizzo will walk away with an album win for 'Best Urban Contemporary Album' which isn't even a genre of music, and 1-2 wins in R&B, Beyonce has been able to pick up wins for Traditional vs. 'regular' R&B, as well as both Song and Performance, Urban Contemporary Album, and also compete in the Pop categories. 

Had Gaga been able to continue competing for awards in the Dance/Electronic category (pop songs were largely banned post-2010), if Pop had both Song and Performance categories and an equivalent to 'Urban Contemporary Album' ('Best Crossover Pop Album' ?), and if Joanne/ASIB were able to compete for some kind of Country/Americana/Folk categories, it might be a level playing field. Instead, despite dance influences on her first 4 albums, rock influences on BTW, jazz influences on C2C, country/folk/Americana influences on Joanne/ASIB, and despite writing amazing Pop Songs like Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Speechless, Edge of Glory, You and I, Dope, Gypsy, DWUW, Joanne (Piano), Million Reasons, Shallow, INLA... she only ever gets 1 shot at a Pop Performance award each year. 

/jealousy. Congrats, Bey. Would love to see her and Gaga collect a Best Pop Duo award for a song up to their standards compared to Telephone in 2021/2022. :) 

54 minutes ago, Beethoven said:

What is she doing with so many grammys at home

Between her and Jay Z's 22, I'm amazed they can even get through the door 

Archived