Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

ASIB is Gaga's most Grammy Awarded Era

Disnalex

Featured Posts

skedaddleBItCh
33 minutes ago, magicalgaga said:

This is such a controversial thing to say at this point, but I don't think that ASIB deserves to be the most awarded era. Yes, this era has been amazing in so many ways for Gaga herself and for us fans, but it just didn't feel like an era that would have the most awards of them all. BTW, ARTPOP and even TFM deserved so much more.

That's not to say that I'm not happy and proud of her because I am. These are just my thoughts. There, come attack me fellow gays :madge:

Ok

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustJames

I agree that ASIB seems 'off' as her most acclaimed era, officially. What makes it harder to swallow (ha) is how the music landscape has shifted since her debut; tonight, Lizzo has 8 nominations including all 4 GF categories despite the fact that her SOTY+ROTY nomination is for a 2017 song, her AOTY nomination includes a 2017+2016 song, and she is eligible for BNA only because of Gaga's exclusion in 2011. Meanwhile, even though TF had two #1 singles and four top 10 hits, TFM three top 10 hits, BTW one #1 and four top 10 hits, she couldn't grab AOTY. Meanwhile, Billie Eilish and Lizzo each have one #1 on their albums. Billie is likely to win AOTY, SOTY, BPVA, and BPSP with only one top 10 song from her nominated album: 'bad guy.' 

ASIB contained music that appeals to the Grammy voters and was released at a time when the competiton and industry are far less competitive. 

She also was royally snubbed of ROTY for 'Pokerface' in 2010, a ROTY+SOTY nomination for 'Bad Romance'  in 2011, would've won Best Dance Recording for 'DITD' with a proper U.S. release, and was screwed by Interscope in 2012 when they submitted 'Judas' and 'You and I' as the only tracks off BTW for consideration. Adele was dominant, but 'Edge of Glory'  was a masterpiece and I think she may have gotten a consolation win in SOTY or BPSP with it.  

Head Empty
28 minutes ago, JustJames said:

I agree that ASIB seems 'off' as her most acclaimed era, officially. What makes it harder to swallow (ha) is how the music landscape has shifted since her debut; tonight, Lizzo has 8 nominations including all 4 GF categories despite the fact that her SOTY+ROTY nomination is for a 2017 song, her AOTY nomination includes a 2017+2016 song, and she is eligible for BNA only because of Gaga's exclusion in 2011. Meanwhile, even though TF had two #1 singles and four top 10 hits, TFM three top 10 hits, BTW one #1 and four top 10 hits, she couldn't grab AOTY. Meanwhile, Billie Eilish and Lizzo each have one #1 on their albums. Billie is likely to win AOTY, SOTY, BPVA, and BPSP with only one top 10 song from her nominated album: 'bad guy.' 

ASIB contained music that appeals to the Grammy voters and was released at a time when the competiton and industry are far less competitive. 

She also was royally snubbed of ROTY for 'Pokerface' in 2010, a ROTY+SOTY nomination for 'Bad Romance'  in 2011, would've won Best Dance Recording for 'DITD' with a proper U.S. release, and was screwed by Interscope in 2012 when they submitted 'Judas' and 'You and I' as the only tracks off BTW for consideration. Adele was dominant, but 'Edge of Glory'  was a masterpiece and I think she may have gotten a consolation win in SOTY or BPSP with it.  

You must remember that Gaga was not just controversial in terms of fashion back then. Her specific corner of pop music was not known to be taken seriously, and her songwriting wasn't exactly the academy's usual shtick. It was an uphill battle, despite sales and charts.

I definitely don't wanna imply that Billie and Lizzo had it easy to get to this point - I'm sure they both had their struggles to get their place in the spotlight. But now that they're here, they're much more of a "awardable" candidate than Gaga was back in 2012. If they win, I'm sure a large part of the "GP" would support it. It wouldn't have been the same if Born This Way had won against 21.

2 hours ago, Miel said:

swear to god if she manages to get SOTY for Million Reasons tonight...

2 hours ago, Miel said:

"An Album of the Year goes to...

... uh...

Born This Way?"

bookmark me in three hours ladies...

3 points in and ready for more

The movie hits a sweet spot for both the music and film industries. It's like an insider film, which the insiders tend to like and watch, film about themselves. Something I've heard said before in the press about a different movie.

But really, well done and congratulations to the winners and even the other nominees!

FentyGa

besides the fact that it’s incredible, it has the film advantage. that’s also why shallow’s the most awarded song of all time. it won awards for film as well as music.

Lextyr97
3 hours ago, Lucas said:

I have to laugh at the people who thought A Star Is Born would flop. Where y'all at now

Beyhive and Little Managers LOST

Jigglygoth

And I had ZERO faith for her with that project, GaGa, bitch, u is inspiring :bradley: 

tumblr_m5461anYuP1qihztbo1_250.gif

HEART OF EVER-FROST

Zander
10 hours ago, RenegAde said:

:vegas:

The way she looks though... none of these girls can compare 9 years later.  :bradley:

Gagaloo911
12 hours ago, magicalgaga said:

This is such a controversial thing to say at this point, but I don't think that ASIB deserves to be the most awarded era. Yes, this era has been amazing in so many ways for Gaga herself and for us fans, but it just didn't feel like an era that would have the most awards of them all. BTW, ARTPOP and even TFM deserved so much more.

That's not to say that I'm not happy and proud of her because I am. These are just my thoughts. There, come attack me fellow gays :madge:

AdmistTheLight
13 hours ago, AlexTheMonster said:

Born This Way

N/A

This just called me, my mom, dad, three households in my cul-de-sac and my cousin (who is "happily married" but is at least Bi you ain't fooling anyone with that Grindr notifications, Alex)  Fa**ots

And i'm not okay with this

cry crying GIF

Liberaté mi amor

Archived