Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga on Broadway

LaserTech

Featured Posts

LaserTech

Hi GGD! I finally have the ability to make threads and I’m really stoked about it, haha! 

So the question I wanted to pose is:  What Broadway show would you like to see Gaga in? We all know it’s coming at some point in her career, she’s always been fond of theater.

A rumor was circulating about a year ago of her starring in a revival of Funny Girl. As much as I would love to have a recording of Don’t Rain on my Parade and My Man, I think it’s a following Striesand’s career path too closely. 

Would you like to see her star in an original show, or take on a timeless revival, if so what show?

Wasn't the rumor about a movie adaptation of the musical instead of Broadway?

Block me if it was about a musical :enigma:  

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

nenhures

I don't know much about theater so I can't really speak about remakes but I'd really, really like to see her star in an original one (possibly even have involvement in writing it :enigma:). Not that she wouldn't excel in a remake, but I find the alternative to be way more interesting.

LaserTech
4 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Cats

3 minutes ago, nenhures said:

110941-12.png

God no, please don’t. Didn’t we learn the first time. Although to be fair I unironically love Cats and all Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals soooo

LaserTech
4 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

Wasn't the rumor about a movie adaptation of the musical instead of Broadway?

Block me if it was about a musical :enigma:  

*YouTubes how to block*

LaserTech
2 minutes ago, nenhures said:

I don't know much about theater so I can't really speak about remakes but I'd really, really like to see her star in an original one (possibly even have involvement in writing it :enigma:). Not that she wouldn't excel in a remake, but I find the alternative to be way more interesting.

Idina Menzel did this for If/Then! Are you familiar with Wicked? In an alternate reality I would’ve loved to see Gaga as Elphaba. 

nenhures
Just now, LaserTech said:

Idina Menzel did this for If/Then! Are you familiar with Wicked? In an alternate reality I would’ve loved to see Gaga as Elphaba. 

I know more of Wicked than about Wicked, honestly, but everyone that's ever talked about it to me always said it was great. But I do know of Elphaba because of how iconic she is and I can totally see Gaga playing her!

LaserTech
1 minute ago, nenhures said:

I know more of Wicked than about Wicked, honestly, but everyone that's ever talked about it to me always said it was great. But I do know of Elphaba because of how iconic she is and I can totally see Gaga playing her!

Soooo good. I feel like the intersection between Little Monsters and theater geeks is really large. 

There’s a movie version in the works so you’ll get to experience it that way, but I urge you to check it out if it tours by you (or watch a bootleg, but shhhh the theater community frowns on those)

AndrewGr

RENT as Maureen, Waitress as Jenna, ASIB the stage musical and of course a brand new musical written by her. 

CautiousLurker

This might be a stretch but I kinda could see her as the witch in Into The Woods :enigma:

spector
47 minutes ago, nenhures said:

she talked about it before: she said she'd absolutely write for broadway, and even has an idea :pray:

stella + elliot = stelliot

I think she'll definitely do an existing show. No offense to Gaga, but when she enters new spaces she tends to play it pretty safe. Jazz, acting, makeup. They're all very well-done, but none of what she's done in those spaces is revolutionary or new. She's just tended to do the classic elements of these fields REALLY well.

I think she would be great in this Company new revival with a female main character, but after the things Sondheim said about her The sound of music medley, I doubt he would want her in one of his musicals

sad, because she could nail many of his characters, Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd or already said above the witch from Into the Woods.

Archived