Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Gaga's broken promises

MailkethesYwa

Featured Posts

Schwerk
11 hours ago, Doot said:

90% of the stuff mentioned was never promised. 

she simply talks about things she'd like to do, and fans take it to mean that's a confirmed thing, and melt down when it doesn't happen. 

So then she chooses to not say things, and fans meltdown over that. 

True a lot was just ideas she threw out there. But a lot weren't. All through her carreer, esp during BTW and ARTPOP she was actually very certain in the way she announced plenty of things that never happened like these:

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Defmix100 said:

maybe they told her the raw MTN footage would be too much, like it would honestly either be way too big file size wise or have to be in such low quality. When I filmed a music video there was about 30gb of footage and that was for an average length music video and only 1080p

It wasn't supposed to be all of it only her full raw break down scene. She filmed thirty minutes straight when reenacting the breakdown she had after she got dropped from her first label. 

Regina George
13 hours ago, LaLa said:

The thing about these "broken promises" some people like to bring up is that that vast majority of them are just ideas Gaga threw out there once, like "oh, I'd love to do this". And then fans take that as written in stone and never shut up about it again. Most of it was a passing whim in her overly-creative and busy mind, it's time to let go.

Ammm I don’t remember it being that way really.. Major promises that fans mention to this day are actually real promises that she said she’ll do. BTW video was supposed to have 2 versions and she never released the other (she used them for the showstudio mix), Telephone part 2 is something she said she will release, Americano spanish version, ARTPOP act 2, Venus music video, unreleased music on ARTPOP app, music video directed by fan - every single one of this and countless other promises that were said by her and that were supposed to happen 100%. 

12 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Ammm I don’t remember it being that way really.. Major promises that fans mention to this day are actually real promises that she said she’ll do. BTW video was supposed to have 2 versions and she never released the other (she used them for the showstudio mix), Telephone part 2 is something she said she will release, Americano spanish version, ARTPOP act 2, Venus music video, unreleased music on ARTPOP app, music video directed by fan - every single one of this and countless other promises that were said by her and that were supposed to happen 100%. 

I just think for me, "promise" is a very strong word that gets thrown around a lot by fans. Like the ARTPOP app, sure, that was literally something we had on our phones counting down to nothing. 

But Act 2, maybe the biggest sore spot, she basically said she had enough music for a second volume, and maybe she'd release it someday. That isn't a promise to me. And a lot of the things, like the Venus video, she wanted to do but wasn't allowed by the label.  

Most of these thing I see her just talking about things she wants to doand then she changed her mind, or circumstances changed, or the business got in the way. I'm not saying I've never been disappointed by something cool she talked about not happening. I just don't think it's fair to call it a "broken promise", that's all.

Regina George
8 minutes ago, LaLa said:

I just think for me, "promise" is a very strong word that gets thrown around a lot by fans. Like the ARTPOP app, sure, that was literally something we had on our phones counting down to nothing. 

But Act 2, maybe the biggest sore spot, she basically said she had enough music for a second volume, and maybe she'd release it someday. That isn't a promise to me. And a lot of the things, like the Venus video, she wanted to do but wasn't allowed by the label.  

Most of these thing I see her just talking about things she wants to doand then she changed her mind, or circumstances changed, or the business got in the way. I'm not saying I've never been disappointed by something cool she talked about not happening. I just don't think it's fair to call it a "broken promise", that's all.

No :laughga: She literally described MANY TIMES how the app will have unreleased music, videos for every song, etc.. She said that this will be the app not that she could do it.

Also ARTPOP act two was said to be 100%. It was supposed to come and it was not presented as an idea. It was something that she said will definitely be released on the app. 

Also there was literally tweet announcing the Venus music video. 

I don’t understand your point because these promises were literally real announcements. 

Didymus

The worst broken promise to me is that she promised to (finally) reinvent her songs live on tour for Joanne Ball and she only, like, changed some guitar details in a pre-chorus or two :rip:

The worst part about that is that she actually said it's "not done" for pop stars to rearrange their songs live (which is completely untrue) and that she would be doing something daring and innovative with it. And then she didn't even do it :madge:

Woolfsmck
14 hours ago, RAMROD said:

She have countless and it will be depressing to look back to. You sure want to open that Pandora's Box??  :ally:

Unless she actually promised me something in person .. ..  .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..  

What she releases to the public is great ,  I can't see complaining either.

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

3 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

No :laughga: She literally described MANY TIMES how the app will have unreleased music, videos for every song, etc.. She said that this will be the app not that she could do it.

Also ARTPOP act two was said to be 100%. It was supposed to come and it was not presented as an idea. It was something that she said will definitely be released on the app. 

Also there was literally tweet announcing the Venus music video. 

I don’t understand your point because these promises were literally real announcements. 

I was agreeing that the app could be counted as a promise, yes. Because we literally had it in our hands. But Act 2, I'm sorry, we'll have to agree to disagree. Listen to her talk about it here (timestamped). This is the farthest thing from a promise to me

I'm not trying to say she's never said things are coming that havent. Obviously. My original post didn't say that. But I think you and I are just arguing the semantics of the word 'promise' now, so I'll just leave it here. 

Archived