Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Gaga's broken promises

MailkethesYwa

Featured Posts

24 minutes ago, sillynate said:

ARTPOP had a few of these “broken promises” but I don’t like to use those two words to describe these um... ordeals, situations, etc. I will only be listing the ARTPOP related ones.

And as some have said, some of these were just ideas that fans took as being legitimately confirmed 

- There was plenty of material left over for Act II. Gaga confirmed at SXSW 2014 (I believe) that she keeps “the best” songs for her and her friends to listen to privately. She also mentioned somewhere that it would be nice to release “the second act” before the artRAVE to play material from both on tour. 

- Venus was intended to be the second single and was scheduled to have a video filmed, directed by Ruth Hogben. After DWUW was chosen as the second single, the video was still scheduled to be filmed but due to unknown reasons it was eventually scrappedT. 

- I mean I’m sure the DWUW video was intended to be released at some point before being scrappedT. 

Now let’s talk about the app. There were 4 sections of the app. Only two were available at launch. ArtHaus and ARTPOP. ArtHaus was for fans to create gifs. Here’s some: 

Reveal hidden contents

ugiphy.gif

220?cb=20131110103548

I just wanna commend you for even typing this wow. :pray:

I'd like to add the reason why the app flopped aside from problems with management the company that Gaga collaborated with to make the app had "creative differences" with Gaga so she said f this and scrapped everything.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JINNOCIDE

She does this thing where she scraps on single for other since Born This Way I think. I remember TEOG being just a promo single then they made an official single because it sold a lot. Same with DWUW.

STAN RINA SAWAYAMA

I LOVE GGD
2 hours ago, nenhures said:

So you decided to follow up a confusing thread with an even more confusing thread? At least you have perseverance, I suppose.

Hahahahaha

Hahahahaha

Hahahahaha

1 hour ago, LaLa said:

The thing about these "broken promises" some people like to bring up is that that vast majority of them are just ideas Gaga threw out there once, like "oh, I'd love to do this". And then fans take that as written in stone and never shut up about it again. Most of it was a passing whim in her overly-creative and busy mind, it's time to let go.

Most but not all, the only one I cared about was Americano Mariachi, and that was a statement she made to the mexican press, like 2 weeks before the BTW album was out, where she said that the standard album would have the regular version and the deluxe album would have the pure Mariachi one.

I mean, its not like it bothers me now, specially after like 9 years, but it did dissapoint me back then, as a mexican, I really was looking forward to it.

bluemonkey
32 minutes ago, Floppy said:

I just wanna commend you for even typing this wow. :pray:

I'd like to add the reason why the app flopped aside from problems with management the company that Gaga collaborated with to make the app had "creative differences" with Gaga so she said f this and scrapped everything.

It was for the best, that alien creature creeped me and the intro looks like she’s sucking my aura. 

21 minutes ago, bluemonkey said:

It was for the best, that alien creature creeped me and the intro looks like she’s sucking my aura. 

petga was and will always be iconic lol.

bluemonkey
3 hours ago, Floppy said:

petga was and will always be iconic lol.

Sorry I had to spend a few days away  from the app to get her out of my nightmares :selena:

DonnieDarko
4 hours ago, JINNOCIDE said:

She does this thing where she scraps on single for other since Born This Way I think. I remember TEOG being just a promo single then they made an official single because it sold a lot. Same with DWUW.

It’s called marketing. 

6 hours ago, darkpaw said:

I feel like I see this same thread every month.:laughga:

This. Every month there be like

”How old are you”

”Unpopular Gaga opinions”

”Your fave Gaga song”

”Promises that Gaga has broken”

”Better song, Bad Romance vs Alejandro”

”when do you think LG6 will come out”

”how will LG6 sound like”

the list is endless

Defmix100
5 hours ago, Floppy said:

Honestly she didn't promise anything except maybe the Venus video and scrapped DWUW video (which most of leaked in bits and pieces anyways lol) that's all I can think of that she really promised. Maybe the raw MTN footage I think she said she "would" release that. Everything else was "what ifs"

maybe they told her the raw MTN footage would be too much, like it would honestly either be way too big file size wise or have to be in such low quality. When I filmed a music video there was about 30gb of footage and that was for an average length music video and only 1080p

Guest Messy vers
1 hour ago, BadGurlMadge said:

This. Every month there be like

”How old are you”

”Unpopular Gaga opinions”

”Your fave Gaga song”

”Promises that Gaga has broken”

”Better song, Bad Romance vs Alejandro”

”when do you think LG6 will come out”

”how will LG6 sound like”

the list is endless

You forgot "where's ARTPOP vol 2" "lg6=ARTPOP vol2?" "If gaga died, ARTPOP gonna be released?"

Head Empty
31 minutes ago, Iza Kisio said:

What's raw mtn footage?

Gaga once teased that the "mental breakdown" scene was filmed for 30 minutes straight without her "breaking character". And then she said she might release it :poot:

But fear not, I made an updated version of the gif last year :vegas:

giphy.gif&xguid=01D3F6CVC1F1ACKETTPA283W

Archived