Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

How technology might be about to kill us

GaGaAst

Featured Posts

CautiousLurker

His implication that technology is making people use their brains less is straight up false - there's research to suggest that our brains have actually been evolving to function more efficiently, as well as that curriculum (in the developed world at least) overtime has only become more complex and demanding. Just because you're not using an old-fashioned map doesn't mean your brain will start to atrophy. Not to mention, technology has made education a lot easier to access leading to people with all kinds of backgrounds showing extraordinary creative feats and breakthroughs - it has by no means lead to people being more complacent and lazy... speaking of feats... 

The proposition that overtime technology will make people 'less interesting and less useful' - do I really need to list all the awesome stuff people have been able to do with technology? The sheer amount of creativity that technology allowed for? As well as the fact that easy access to information inspires other people in a way that was just impossible in the past?  Open your eyes, it's not difficult to recognize that that's complete bs...

Btw, Usain Bolt's record apparently has been broken...

Human/machine integration and human enhancement so far has and will probably continue to yield a lot of positive outcomes, it's unlikely everything will turn into a dystopian sci-fi movie  - stop basing your ideas off of pieces of entertainment that strive to produce drama and not reflect reality...

Sorry, but this video is less substance, more fear mongering... Even he starts losing this thread at one point where he starts talking about Neurolink - like damn, language will no longer be a barrier - terrifying :nails:

myusername

I hope it's not another global warming hippie post, cause you guys are about to be the next 2012 delulus.

Maestro play me your symphony I will listen to anything Take me on a trip DJ free my mind

CautiousLurker

Btw, the AI thing (I'm still in the process of watching the video):

That bit is so lazy... Like, you really think that people who are researching this stuff for years will not have thought about ANY of that? Even I can offer a solution to his scenario about the robot being given an objective to move from point A to point B as fast as possible - how about asking the AI to outline the solution to the problem before being given a green light to proceed?  Or just tasking it to come up with solutions? It took me 2 second to think of that, and mind you, I'm not a smart person :laughga:

What world do you live in that you think someone 'creating an AI' and being like 'Ok, oh mighty AI, make Earth last as much as possible', and AI (in a dalec voice, hopefully) being like 'all humans must be destroyed', is a plausible scenario :ladyhaha:

ImTired

You know how we blame Boomers for wage stagnation, economic inequality, rampant wars, and climate change? Well this is what we'll be blamed for. :saladga:

4 hours ago, Ivy said:

Yes that's so true! We are becoming victims to our own creation in that way :diane:

It really does have two sides. I feel like we need to start teaching children about this in schools or something. It can be hard to stay grounded in these days..

(obscurantism - I have learned a new word :derpga: :vegas: )

we must improve the education of the kids seriously.

And also remember as adults to be a good example. You can't tell a kid not to smoke if you are smoking yourself. Same with smartphones. 

signed : the preachb$tch

Spoiler

at first i thought my translation was wrong hahahaha :messga: cheers monster friend :vegas:

hello hello baby.

Archived